If he goes there and resumes his pre Wednesday form then we are very much at fault... if he goes there and continues his Wednesday form we will know that he’s not the player he was and we spent 10m plus wages on someone who had not kept up with the pace of the game.

either way the only positive is we won’t be paying his last 6 months hopefully. 

The decision to sign him is amongst the worst of DCs tenure and that is saying something. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

QPR have scored 4 goals in 7. They need goals.

They've got a 23 year old striker Shodipo on a season long loan at Oxford.

He's banging the goals in for Oxford and looks a good player, I wonder if they would be looking to recall him.

Just now, Highbury Owl said:

There is a fair chance that we need QPR or Brum to finish below us if we want to stay up.

So I wouldn't be doing anything that might help either team.

You’re right.....

We should send them Rhodes AND Pelupessy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I always think of Darko Kovacevic when I see these lists. 
A goal machine both before and after he played for us. Real Sociedad cashed in on him to the tune of £12million.  Dog poo while at S6. 

Didn’t he get a hattrick at one point?

3 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

There is a fair chance that we need QPR or Brum to finish below us if we want to stay up.

Only way it makes sense is if it frees funds for us to go and get a mobile strong striker in which we couldn’t get otherwise 

5 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

It won't !

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Think he got 2 against Leeds in a 6-2 win if I remember correctly

13 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

If he goes there and resumes his pre Wednesday form then we are very much at fault... if he goes there and continues his Wednesday form we will know that he’s not the player he was and we spent 10m plus wages on someone who had not kept up with the pace of the game.

either way the only positive is we won’t be paying his last 6 months hopefully. 

The decision to sign him is amongst the worst of DCs tenure and that is saying something. 

He didn’t do much at Boro but did ok at Norwich. 

If he played each game for us he’d get a reasonable amount of goals I think. Even with a bit part role he usually gets a few. But it’s more what he doesn’t do and if he doesn’t score he doesn’t look like he’s contributing and it puts a bad spin on things. If he was winning headers and running the channels I think he’d play more.

If qpr aren’t creating for dykes and bonne, assuming they are fit, then will it be any different for Rhodes

1 minute ago, Watto said:

Think he got 2 against Leeds in a 6-2 win if I remember correctly

2 against Bolton in his home debut I think.

Apart from that he was garbage for us. 

1 minute ago, Quantum Owl said:

Classic Wednesday. Watch him start banging them in for QPR.

Not a chance in hell.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He wasnt poor at us, he was a young player in a new country and he got a few goals and looked ok. Given proper management and time to settle we would have seen the player he became IMO.... but in the true wednesday was we didnt think beyond the next game and didnt look after him so ended up losing out yet again (i do believe we made a small profit).

I know he’s not been a success with us but it will be some years until we sign such player as Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper etc etc

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He didn’t do much at Boro but did ok at Norwich. 

If he played each game for us he’d get a reasonable amount of goals I think. Even with a bit part role he usually gets a few. But it’s more what he doesn’t do and if he doesn’t score he doesn’t look like he’s contributing and it puts a bad spin on things. If he was winning headers and running the channels I think he’d play more.

If qpr aren’t creating for dykes and bonne, assuming they are fit, then will it be any different for Rhodes

Scored 1 every 193 minutes at Boro. That’s decent at any side, let alone a dour Karanka side.

And in their promotion chase he scored vital goals in the run-in.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Watto said:

Not a chance in hell.

Why so sure?

Hes scored everywhere but here. Norwich was only 18 months ago and he scored every 161 minutes.

Even here since then he’s scored every 240 minutes, in a very defensive side.

20 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

Its fine.  Rhodes wont help them.

4 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

I know he’s not been a success with us but it will be some years until we sign such player as Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper etc etc

Lets hope so given a cheap freebie,  Nuhiu,  outscored them all.