Jordan Rhodes to QPR

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

What do your eyes tell you about Windass, Kachunga, Paterson and Marriott as strikers?

My eyes tell me Windass is streets in front of any of them but  

Patterson is clearly not a striker Marriot is not ours and injured 

My eyes also tell me Rhodes is shot at this level and has been for a while 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Ian Rush didnt score a single goal for 10 games when he rejoined Liverpool, Forlan - 26 games without a goal for Man Utd. I wouldn't say either of those two were poor goalscorers.

are we really talking about Ian Rush and Diego Forlan in the same sentence as Jordan Rhodes? Really?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, billyblack said:

are we really talking about Ian Rush and Diego Forlan in the same sentence as Jordan Rhodes? Really?

He played in 22 of the first 23 games after he arrived (the equivalent of half a league season), starting 16 of them. In that time he scored THREE goals and got ONE assist.

You see the above statement quite often when talking about Rhodes, I'm merely pointing out that more proven goalscorers at higher levels have been on similiar if not worse periods of form at new clubs.  

9 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He played in 22 of the first 23 games after he arrived (the equivalent of half a league season), starting 16 of them. In that time he scored THREE goals and got ONE assist.

Windass has 3 goals and one assist this season in our first 23 games. And won a penalty.

Interesting comparison.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Is that how you would pick your team for Coventry?

”Right lads...Elias you start because you did ok in 2017. Rhodesy you sit there because you were awful in 2016”.

You have to pick the best of what you have NOW. And the facts are clear, we do well (recently) when Rhodes starts.

This thread is about you and several others itching to drive our player to Loftus Road, when actually he is one of our least bad striker options. 

As I keep saying, my problem is far less with Jordan Rhodes himself than it is with those employing prejudicial and inconsistent reasoning for judging him. I don't necessarily include you so much in that by the way because you at least do try to employ rather more than just wishful thinking. However, I do believe you can be guilty of reading too much into small statistical vagaries. 

Rhodes has been a last resort with extremely good reason for most of his stay here because we were loaded with far better options in that position. As I pointed out previously, that is not the case now; especially when it comes to Marriot and Kachunga who between them have offered little for one reason or another. Considering him a legitimate starting option currently only shows how bare the cupboard is and does not reflect on a change in the abilities of the player himself. Unless and until we can get a replacement or two (or if the financial position is more desperate than we realise) I would not be 'itching' to get rid of him.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Windass has 3 goals and one assist this season in our first 23 games. And won a penalty.

Interesting comparison.

and yet hes worth 400k apparently

rush and forlan must have been worth about a tenner a piece

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder if he will start tomorrow. 

He’s hoping to be asked to drive one of the 3 coaches but he fears that Kachunga, Marriott and our third-choice under 23 striker will be given the nod.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

And the bloke currently in discussion has failed for 4 seasons.

He has failed to be picked for sure, but would you say he’s failed once he got on the pitch?

Given that his record on the pitch in that time compared to our other options makes him look like Dead-Eye Des.

(I wanted to type Dead-Eye ******** but I knew if I typed ******** the swear filter wouldnt let me get away with ********)

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He has failed to be picked for sure, but would you say he’s failed once he got on the pitch?

Given that his record on the pitch in that time compared to our other options makes him look like Dead-Eye Des.

(I wanted to type Dead-Eye ******** but I knew if I typed ******** the swear filter wouldnt let me get away with ********)

for me the most impressive we have looked up top this season was the opening day against Cardiff when Windass and Rhodes started. I would like to see them play up top together more when fit. Was ridiculous he was dropped after the Watford game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I’m not comparing him to anything else we currently have.  
Not sure about the swear police, you can’t even say my old ‘stiff one eye’ these days without offending someone.

Although it’s no longer as accurate or effective as it used to be.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Interesting comparison.

Talk about cherry picking the conversation

Windass is playing for a team that has only scored 15 league goals this season, he's scored 20% of the teams league goals this season

The team Rhodes got 3 goals in was much much better, created more chances and he still couldn't hit the target with an regularity