Matt Penney - Swindon

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

You mean the same way Monk, did not pick Hutch, Westwood or Fessi but when all 3 played we had more chance of winning the game nd scoring goals.

I think it say more about the manager inability to get the best out of his players rather than the players not being good enough or trouble makers.

Harris has ben utter gash for over a year, he cannot cross with his left foot, a kid in the park can cross better with both feet, he cannot - he is a full backs dream as he never attack on the outside, because he is soo one footed, you know he is going to cut in field and most of the time its whether it goes for a throw-in rather than a goal kick he has not scored a goal for 46 games that a full season and has 1 assist all this season in 20 games. Tom Lees and Liam Shaw are more prolific than our attacking threat.

Dont think Hutch or Westwood helped us to score goals but i agree with most of sky pundits when they say Harris is a good player.

22 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Dont think Hutch or Westwood helped us to score goals but i agree with most of sky pundits when they say Harris is a good player.

I don't I think Harris is absolutely gash he adds nothing to the team cannot score goals and cannot create them which is somewhat of a problem when he is meant to be an attacking winger.

Cannot remember any sky pundit mentioning him either they spend all their time waxing about Bannan.

I don't think I mentioned anywhere that Hutch and Westwood scored goals but you probably didn't read anything I put before you posted the above rubbish.

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't I think Harris is absolutely gash he adds nothing to the team cannot score goals and cannot create them which is somewhat of a problem when he is meant to be an attacking winger.

Cannot remember any sky pundit mentioning him either they spend all their time waxing about Bannan.

I don't think I mentioned anywhere that Hutch and Westwood scored goals but you probably didn't read anything I put before you posted the above rubbish.

He was literally highlighted as our main threat minutes before kick off in our last match. 

5 minutes ago, owlsruleok said:

With his pace and good shooting ability we should have (and still could) try him up front as I honestly believe he could make it up front.

What we need up front is a couple of decent forwards not trying a player out of his normal position and hoping he might score.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

He was literally highlighted as our main threat minutes before kick off in our last match. 

Yep, i can validate that they did that. I remember it clearly because at the time I thought to myself ‘that’s punditry for you, just picking a random player and saying he’s our attacking threat despite the fact I can’t actually remember a time when he got the ball and did anything with it’.

I don’t mind him as an outlet etc but the bloke doesn’t put many decent crosses in that’s for sure!

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

He has never been a centre forward in a million years.

You ever know until you try!

I think we should start a run of games where we play each player up front for 15 mins. 
Like we used to do in 5 a side so even the chubby kid got a chance.
That way eventually we might find the new Paul Warhurst!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harris is an OK championship player, with 2 or 3 other wingers too. The fact he plays so much is more a reflection on our current situation then anything. 

Ideally he'd be starting 20-25 games a season and coming of the bench in 10-15. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Harris is an OK championship player, with 2 or 3 other wingers too. The fact he plays so much is more a reflection on our current situation then anything. 

Ideally he'd be starting 20-25 games a season and coming of the bench in 10-15. 

This!! 

No wonder he’s lost a bit of the edge he had when he first arrived. He’s been ran into the floor for years now. We just keep overplaying players, rushing them back from injuries and everyone seems bemused by why they look shattered or get injured so often. 

Harris is a decent squad player,  a great sub if you are a goal or 2 up and want to keep the opposite's defensive line honest.

He is no good if you are looking to score a goal, end product is poor, wouldn't be a started for me (unless the squad is ravaged by injuries).

17 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

It could work with a big man alongside him. Did for Tony Cottee In his West Ham days. 

His close control isnt great, i've not seen anything around his movement to suggest hed be a striker, hes not strong, hes not rapid, not great in the air,  1 career goal in 39 games, what qualities suddenly make Matt Penney a potential centre forward? 

3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Well didn't see it and as was proved once again he offered little or no threat to anyone as he has done all season and most of last as well.

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Sky hype up anything to get you watching, imagine if they said what they were actually thinking.

"here we are at todays game between two poor teams who are hoping to finish 21st in the league, theres a couple of triers in each team but to be honest most of the game the ball will be spent either out of play or being hoofed 30ft in the air. Enjoy the match"

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Not often I watch Sky but I’m pretty sure they highlighted him as a threat against Derby?