Matt Penney - Swindon

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Rumours doing the rounds on Twitter he’s in talks with Swindon.

Another player who I don’t think has been given a fair crack here. Shame he’s not kicked on with us because he’s got a lot of decent attributes.

If true, good luck to him. Needs to be starting games now at his age.

Loan or permanent?

• Like 1

Just the latest of a long line of youth players not given any development other than the under 23's - should be getting time in the team when we have no recognised left back at the club but for what ever reason our last 2 failed manager decided to play centre backs at full back and as can be seem by their records it didn't work.

How many good young players have we released or lost I the last 5 years when they have not been developed correctly or given any chance to stake a claim for a first team spot. Not to mention the money it will then cost us to fill these spots.

• Like 2

Just now, Errol Flashman said:

Considering he's probably not on massive wages and we still might be in League 1 next season it seems a bit daft to me they haven't secured him.

This... and surely it makes more sense to tie him down to a contract for a couple of years then we at least have a chance of getting a fee for him if he really isn’t going to make it here

• Like 2

Just now, Kanye West said:

Not entirely sure that the account the rumour had appeared from is that accurate to be honest. 

Well if it's on twitter there's a 90% chance it's absolute b'llocks int it.

Still need to be looking at typing up players who have some potential and aren't going to cost the Earth if we're to steady the financial ship.

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Don’t think Penney has had a fair crack of the whip here, where, ridiculously in my opinion, we have used Palmer, Odubajo, Reach, Harris and even Van Aken, ahead of him. I thought we’d bring him on towards the end against Derby, to tie down that left side. Reach was running on empty and Derby were breezing past him down their right. Penney’s better tackling and strong running, might have made things a little less nervy. If we get a footballing manager, he might get more game time, so I’d rather wait and see who the next coach will be before offloading him

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think Penney has had a fair crack of the whip here, where, ridiculously in my opinion, we have used Palmer, Odubajo, Reach, Harris and even Van Aken, ahead of him. I thought we’d bring him on towards the end against Derby, to tie down that left side. Reach was running on empty and Derby were breezing past him down their right. Penney’s better tackling and strong running, might have made things a little less nervy. If we get a footballing manager, he might get more game time, so I’d rather wait and see who the next coach will be before offloading him

As long as the next coach isn't bothered about Penney doing anything remotely defensive. Even if he is playing him at left back, then we will be ok.