The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

19 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He was very good for me on football manager? lol

Young, pacey, potential diamond in the rough...... not our style. Nothing to see here.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

He was very good for me on football manager? lol

Young, pacey, potential diamond in the rough...... not our style. Nothing to see here.

far too much competition for his signature. We’d never get him, but just reporting what I found. 

50 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Less of this type of rumour please, more of the ageing 33 year old released by a bottom end premiership side after being injured for 2 years rumours. Thanks 

• Like 3

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Will he cost anything?

If so, we're out of the running before the starter pistol went off

I’m hoping we’d sell to buy.

57 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

far too much competition for his signature. We’d never get him, but just reporting what I found. 

Still, nice to see that we are getting linked with this "type of player."

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, malek said:

Still, nice to see that we are getting linked with this "type of player."

My thoughts exactly, and when you look through the list of recruits Moore made at Donny, bodes well this summer I reckon.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

My thoughts exactly, and when you look through the list of recruits Moore made at Donny, bodes well this summer I reckon.

But looking at Doncaster squad I don't see any players that seem especially good. I know he didn't have much to spend, but they signed Whiteman before and he didn't bring in anyone anywhere near that good. Still hoping, though.

36 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Will he cost anything?

If so, we're out of the running before the starter pistol went off

If he expects paying we are out of the running 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, malek said:

But looking at Doncaster squad I don't see any players that seem especially good. I know he didn't have much to spend, but they signed Whiteman before and he didn't bring in anyone anywhere near that good. Still hoping, though.

Taylor Richards, Fejiri Okenabirhie, Josh Sims, and Tyreece John-Jules done well for them this season. Also signed Ben Sheaf, Cameron John, and Niall Ennis previously. Moore does favour young talent. 

1 hour ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Less of this type of rumour please, more of the ageing 33 year old released by a bottom end premiership side after being injured for 2 years rumours. Thanks 

We already signed them all. There’s none left

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Has DC got to the chapter explaining that yet in his FOOTBALL CLUB OWNING FOR DUMMIES textbook yet?

I guess we’ll find out.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

22 year old winger, who has scored 15 in 42. Seems way too sensible for Wednesday.

Sort of signing I would like us to make, but if a team like Brentford or Rangers come knocking I’m sure that’s where he will end up. 

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

22 year old winger, who has scored 15 in 42. Seems way too sensible for Wednesday.

Sort of signing I would like us to make, but if a team like Brentford or Rangers come knocking I’m sure that’s where he will end up. 

That is why We need to spot such talent early, before they score 15 goals in a season.

On 03/05/2021 at 22:38, wilyfox said:

Joe Dodoo linked with us. Wing-forward, 26 in June. Ex-Leicester & Rangers. Currently doing well at Wigan. Contract up in summer. Ipswich & Rotherham also keen. 

I didn’t rate him at Rangers and I know their fans didn’t like him either. Punted out on loan to League 1 whilst he was there and that was a poor Rangers team that he couldn’t get in. Hopefully if he signs he has improved 

Guest wilyfox
23 minutes ago, malek said:

That is why We need to spot such talent early, before they score 15 goals in a season.

this ^

Our recruiters need to earn their money. Anyone can pluck names once they’ve already made their mark. 

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I didn’t rate him at Rangers and I know their fans didn’t like him either. Punted out on loan to League 1 whilst he was there and that was a poor Rangers team that he couldn’t get in. Hopefully if he signs he has improved 

We need to worry less about what players have done elsewhere and profile players likely to show their best stuff at Sheffield Wednesday. Dodoo has attributes we don’t have, and is maybe showing signs he’s coming of age at Wigan. He and Callum Lang have helped Wigan avoid a double-drop.