The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Messi has agreed a new five year contract with Barca, so looks like we have missed out on him. 

He wasn’t “hungry” enough anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

BPF

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown

Wing Luongo Bannan

Shodipo Gregory Johnson

That team would absolutely beat our best 11 last season. Far better balance, an actual left back, a goal scoring threat in midfield, pace on the wings and a focal point up top.

Well done Darren Moore. Not trying to get ahead of myself but I feel so much more confident than I did a few weeks ago.

I’m impressed at how quickly it’s come together.

I’ve been expecting a relegation battle for most of this summer, and I stand by that for a long time such concern was justified. But we look to have added some nice quality and a lot more first team quality/experience since then.

Despite all the odds, Moore has actually addressed a few issues I’ve had with Wednesday teams for a few years - notably the wings/wide forward positions. We’ve very quickly gone from having zero depth whatsoever to being one of the better balanced teams we’ve had in a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jack has worked hard. Deserves this move. Hope it comes off for him. 

Hope so, but he was really fortunate to get a two and a half year deal with us, under Jos, and did not progress IMO.

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’m impressed at how quickly it’s come together.

I’ve been expecting a relegation battle for most of this summer, and I stand by that for a long time such concern was justified. But we look to have added some nice quality and a lot more first team quality/experience since then.

Despite all the odds, Moore has actually addressed a few issues I’ve had with Wednesday teams for a few years - notably the wings/wide forward positions. We’ve very quickly gone from having zero depth whatsoever to being one of the better balanced teams we’ve had in a while.

My thoughts exactly.

Balance is the key word for me here. Something we’ve not really addressed for a good number of years. I’d say ever since 2016 actually. We’ve had some good individuals but not a very well balanced team with strength in all areas.

Moore is sorting that. And a couple more additions and I think in general we have a much healthier squad. 

Have to give Chansiri credit. It feels like for the first time he’s just letting the manager have full reign of transfers. Although we are in quite a unique position where we can attract the players at the top of end of League One who Championship clubs are not quite willing to take the risk on. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Don't signings often train etc first then do the  media stuff afterwards. Hence the evening announcements?

And no real training clips today...

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Att just followed Anthony Joshua. 

I know it seems unlikely, but he's training in Sheffield at EIS, I'd pay his tram fare to Hillsborough every Saturday 

#NewNumber9

Midfield enforcer?

Well it was Sunday night that we were close to signing Johnson, so 3 days later and still not signed, something amiss or am I just impatient ?