The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

36 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Byers & Johnson to be finalised today according to Mr Howson

We just seem to be buying lots of midfielders again. We need a striker with proven goals and we need cover at centre back when our only first team players are Iorfa, Dunkley, Hutch all with injuries issues in the last 18 months.

Byers seems a strange signing unless Bannan or Paterson are due to be leaving. 

Central midfield Bannan, Paterson, Wing, FDB, Adeniran, Hunt, how many do we need?

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We just seem to be buying lots of midfielders again. We need a striker with proven goals and we need cover at centre back when our only first team players are Iorfa, Dunkley, Hutch all with injuries issues in the last 18 months.

Byers seems a strange signing unless Bannan or Paterson are due to be leaving. 

Central midfield Bannan, Paterson, Wing, FDB, Adeniran, Hunt, how many do we need?

In regards to CM. Don't think Paterson will feature there. 

We seem to be looking to play 3 CMs. 

Bannan, Wing, Luongo, Adeniran, FDB, Byers. 

6 for 3 positions seems bang on for me. Especially over 50+ games with injuries and whatnot. 

• Like 2

George Hirst on trial at Portsmouth.

Failed to score in 31 appearances for Toy Town last season, this year is a really big one for him.

If he doesn’t kick on this season the question will be raised will he ever kick on, especially if he were to fail in League 1 and as he’ll be 23 by the time the season finishes.

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

George Hirst on trial at Portsmouth.

Failed to score in 31 appearances for Toy Town last season, this year is a really big one for him.

If he doesn’t kick on this season the question will be raised will he ever kick on, especially if he were to fail in League 1 and as he’ll be 23 by the time the season finishes.

Did Leicester release him? Or is it one of those loan trials we did with Uwakwe etc

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Did Leicester release him? Or is it one of those loan trials we did with Uwakwe etc

One of those loan trials. Quite telling that they aren’t willing to loan him without a trial despite him being at a championship club last year. 

Assuming Byers and Johnson get done today that’s

BPF / Wildsmith

Hunt / Palmer

Iorfa / Dunkley

Hutchinson / Brennan

Johnson / Brown

Adeniran / Luongo

Bannan / Byers / A Hunt

Corbeanu / Adedoyin

Wing / Paterson / Dele-Bashiru

Shodipo / Green

Kamberi / Windass

Could do with a right winger, a left-sided centre half and possibly a centre forward. 

Just now, Miruic said:

One of those loan trials. Quite telling that they aren’t willing to loan him without a trial despite him being at a championship club last year. 

I honestly think that year he was frozen out really impacted his confidence and development.

A very sour situation. Neither the player or the club came out of it in a good light. 

I don’t like to wish ill on players. I hope he finds some form and realises his early promise. He was very highly thought of in the England youth set ups.

2 minutes ago, Random Task said:

Assuming Byers and Johnson get done today that’s

BPF / Wildsmith

Hunt / Palmer

Iorfa / Dunkley

Hutchinson / Brennan

Johnson / Brown

Adeniran / Luongo

Bannan / Byers / A Hunt

Corbeanu / Adedoyin

Wing / Paterson / Dele-Bashiru

Shodipo / Green

Kamberi / Windass

Could do with a right winger, a left-sided centre half and possibly a centre forward. 

Assume Brennan will be looking for a loan as he hasn’t got a squad number. Surprising really that a lot of the young lads involved in pre-season haven’t been placed in the squad. Quite rightly to I think, they need loan spells and hopefully they get some sorted.

Hopefully Sims comes in. I don’t think Johnson will have dropped to League One if he was going to be played at left back. He’ll want to play further forward. I actually think we’re ok for strikers. Agreed on left sided centre half - I was impressed with that Bola and he fits the bill perfectly. Think he’d be decent back up. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No its a loan.

10 minutes ago, Miruic said:

His record is abysmal,so you can understand their concerns., Warne was not convinced either only making four starts for Rotherham.

Edited by Asio otus

2 hours ago, Vanderowlsterdam said:

Alright Chaps, new poster but I've been reading through the posts whilst waiting for my account to be verified so hope you don't mind me weighing in. 

I'm quietly surprised and very pleased with the business Darren Moore has conducted so far. 

Maybe it's viewing the situation with blind optimism but I do feel as though the team Moore has assembled is stronger than last season. If not stronger quality wise, it certainly looks to have much more balance. Pace on the wings, legs in midfield and experience at the back. 

Welcome to the asylum mate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Big question now is who gets sold to balance the books. With Windass injured and Iorfa on the way back, it’s got to be Bannan. 

Yeah , unfortunately..........................i would have preferred Palmer or Paterson.