The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Aluko and Baldock are both on trial at Derby. Rooney says he wants to sign them if he can.

Wickham scored a couple for us in that loan spell. He would be very good in League 1 if over his injuries.

No other forwards on that list appeal.

Return of Kachunga? Unfinished business!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Just came across this - obviously aimed at championship clubs so quite a few of these would be beyond us but in terms of wide players or strikers there’s a couple of names we might be looking at.

Wickham’s been discussed, I was disappointed with him in his last spell here so would rather we avoided him.

Wouldn’t mind Baldock provided his wages aren’t too high, ditto Sinclair for a bit of added pace.

I’d have assumed he’d be beyond us but Marvin Johnson hasn’t found a club yet. He may have played for the unwashed but he’s a very useful player on his day, can play wing back too so offers a bit of tactical flexibility.

Same story with Jamie Paterson, a player I’ve wanted us to sign for years, he’s quality imo. 

To me, that list is the sort of players we would’ve signed 3/4 years ago which got us into the financial mire. 30+ with no resale value, injury prone, other off-field issues, well-known names who would expect to command big contracts… no thanks

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

To me, that list is the sort of players we would’ve signed 3/4 years ago which got us into the financial mire. 30+ with no resale value, injury prone, other off-field issues, well-known names who would expect to command big contracts… no thanks

Taking a look at that list, I have two thoughts:

1) Jesus, Stewart Downing is still playing?

2) Maybe that big lad from non-league is still available...

12 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Think Att just followed Karamoko at Celtic. 

Probably nothing in it but 18 year old winger deemed to be the world’s next wonderkid a couple years back.

Interesting, would be the right winger we need.  And a good one at that 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Think Att just followed Karamoko at Celtic. 

Probably nothing in it but 18 year old winger deemed to be the world’s next wonderkid a couple years back.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7426956/postecoglou-celtic-injury-dembele-johnston/

Last week he suffered an injury that was going to keep him out for over a month. He was also hoping to break into the Celtic first team this year so unfortunately I doubt there is anything in that. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No chance on Dembele. 

But it’s a great game this. Look at what footballers Att is following and figure out which ones are signing for Wednesday

lol

It’s so strange yet often so accurate ! You’d think DC would have a word , let’s hope it’s a few good forwards we’re linked with soon and att follows 

Lol