The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

If Moore’s set on a back 4 then I guess Iorfa, Hutchinson, Dunkley & Brennan will be the 4 CB’s. Also have the option of Palmer at CB if needed or to cover a 3.

Wouldnt be surprised if at least 80% of those are injured by week 3 😬

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Wouldnt be surprised if at least 80% of those are injured by week 3 😬

That is a scary set of cb we have, hopefully iorfa is over his injury, Dunkley I think is inevitable at some point but hope I’m wrong and a hutch red card lol

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I get the impression that these type of trials are with an eye on the future as much as the here and now. Basically it’s a close up scouting mission. If an opportunity crops up to sign any of the lads we’ve had in trial in the future, who knows? Decent management if you ask me?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

I get the impression that these type of trials are with an eye on the future as much as the here and now. Basically it’s a close up scouting mission. If an opportunity crops up to sign any of the lads we’ve had in trial in the future, who knows? Decent management if you ask me?

Or he could have just decided both were crap.

lol

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

Good point that. It is interesting that out of 6/7 trialists we’ve had a look at, we’ve only signed one of them permanently. A few weeks ago we were all expecting a bunch of unproven kids to sign this season and instead we’re bringing in players with Championship experience

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Youth will get a chance to prove themselves if we need them. Hutch will also provide cover now we have more midfield options also

Hutch will be number one centre half not providing cover. 

• Like 1

Byers is rated highly by Swansea fans. Could be a really good signing. Hopefully we can bring a forward or 2 in and a cb and we will be sorted. Got to give credit to Chansiri and DM this window.

Byers is a good player. Would be nice to see him being the pivot player with Bannan pushed slightly further forward and Wing played in the number 10.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Not too sure why we need another central midfielder, expect to see Hunt leave at the very least 

My thought too, Hunt needs to be playing regular games and hasn't looked likely with us. A season in L2 (probably) will do win good. 

I'm not sold on Byers TBH but Moore been after him most of the summer, so have to trust his judgement.