The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

24 minutes ago, malek said:

Idealy we want team of 22 seniora players with U-23's stepping up and filling the gaps in our squad when needed. 

We will about have that when we fill the extra squad places. Hoping a striker comes through who can get near the 20 goal mark. Last few times we went up we had Madine on about 18 goals and McClean on 20+. Think this is right. A goalscorer is so important. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

We will about have that when we fill the extra squad places. Hoping a striker comes through who can get near the 20 goal mark. Last few times we went up we had Madine on about 18 goals and McClean on 20+. Think this is right. A goalscorer is so important. 

Absolutely, but that is what every club at every level hopes for. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Don't think Wildsmith will be with us much longer. Two more forwards and i will be happy

And a CB that can play on the left if/when we adopt a back 3 anytime and to replace Borner, I agree we'll be just about done then if the two trialists sign up.

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

As much as I think sims is a good player , especially in league 1, if we sign Jasper and Uwakwe after their trials I don't reckon we'll be in for anymore wingers, two strikers and a left sided CB will pretty much complete our recruitment imo. With a squad hopefully looking abit like this

Peacock-Farrell

Dawson 

Wildsmith

J. Hunt 

Palmer

Dawodu

Iorfa

Hutchinson 

Dunkley

Brennan 

(New) 

Brown

Galvin 

Luongo 

Adeniran 

Dele Bashiru

Bannan

A. Hunt

Waldock

Uwakwe 

Wing

Green

Windass

Shodipo 

Hagan 

Jasper 

Paterson

Adedoyin 

(New)

(New)

To be honest I thought Jasper was a striker and Uwakwe was a winger. Out of all the players we’ve had on trial during preseason, the only one we’ve signed is Adeniran (I think?) so wouldn’t be surprised if neither of the two current trialists join. 

I think we do need another senior winger and Sims would be perfect. Hopefully big Darren’s doing his best to persuade him to come here after working with him at Donny. 

Strikers need to be the priority now (as they have been all summer) although if we’re bringing one or two in on loan, I can see it taking a while yet. 

Another centre half (left footed ideally) would be nice, but maybe Brennan or Agbontohoma can step up? They’re 20/21 so the right age to start kicking on as pros now. Same with Hagan, Adedoyin, Hunt, FDB, Galvin, Dawodu… all around 20/21, hope we get them a decent loan somewhere if they’re nowhere near the first team here. I did think Galvin looked decent when he played last season though. 

IMO we’re 3 or 4 quality additions from having a squad that should be capable of challenging in this division, and I didn’t expect that a few weeks ago when the players weren’t getting paid. I’m beginning to almost look forward to this season now…

A left sided centre half, a centre forward and more versatile attacker that can play wide and centrally will make the window a relative success considering we started it wondering whether the entire squad would be able to walk away for free. 

If I was being greedy I’d want more cover for creativity in the middle of the park if we’re playing 5 in midfield and a bit more at centre half if we ever want to play 3 at the back. 

8 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Would be huge

Aye would imagine he’d fit well into the system Moore seems to be setting us up with

Will get plenty of minutes here, especially with Windass being out of the picture for a few month

Not sure Blackpool will be the right move for him, he’ll be chasing shadows every week in the champ

I love it when a plan comes together. Just the strikers and the left sided cb to sort then I believe we will have a good squad. Well done DM and hopefully the change in DC is a sign of things to come.

I'm very pleased but will not get carried away, what I hope for is a season of more highs than lows. If we get promoted, so be it. If we don't, we don't. WAWAW.

52 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Not the same type of player, so no.

I was thinking maybe Moore wanted a different type of player to Bannan in the middle. It’s looked at times, in my opinion anyway, that Moore would like Bannan to play further forwards. When that has happened, Bannan seems to drift further and further back as the game goes on. 

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Peacock Farrell

Iorfa Hutchinson Dunkley

Hunt Bannan Luongo Brown

Shodipo Wing Green

Paterson

Ok that’s very competitive at this level as a first 11. Adenarin strong cover from the bench and Windass option up front when fit. Palmer and Galvin decent wing back cover. Palmer can also fit in at centre half. 

Need three more for me. Another wide option and a centre back to cover Borner leaving plus another out and out centre forward.

And if I’m being greedy another option up front. 

2 keepers?

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1