The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

That wasn’t aimed at you mate, sorry if you thought it was. I have a lot of respect for your views. But yes two more strikers in and I think we have a decent squad

Well I was vocal about it and believe there is no shame in that. 

Thanks God that DC and Moore are proving us wrong. 

Thanks on kind post 🙂

• Like 2

The recruitment so far looks good but I remember last summer, everyone banging on about how well we’d done in the transfer market, especially in signing Izzy Brown.

It turned out on reflection to be one of the worst transfer windows the club has ever had.

The proof will be in the pudding, I’ll wait and see before I decide whether it’s any good or not.

• Like 1

Just now, malek said:

Well I was vocal about it and believe there is no shame in that. 

Thanks God that DC and Moore are proving us wrong. 

Thanks on kind post 🙂

It’s all about opinions isn’t it. Some posters discuss, some just hysterical. It’s the hysterical ones who are quiet tonight. We won’t always agree about everything, that’s life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The recruitment so far looks good but I remember last summer, everyone banging on about how well we’d done in the transfer market, especially in signing Izzy Brown.

It turned out on reflection to be one of the worst transfer windows the club has ever had.

The proof will be in the pudding, I’ll wait and see before I decide whether it’s any good or not.

Not wrong to be fair.

On paper it looks good. But won’t get too ahead of myself. I thought we had a good window last time in the circumstances.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don't think Brown and Bannan were ever going to work in the same midfield together. Both want to dictate the play.  Not sure Wing is like that though is he.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Plonk said:

But Jack Hunt was a chansiri signing and an insane waste of our budget meaning we couldn’t sign anyone else. 

Mmmm one or two of our more vociferous posters are quiet tonight aren’t they?

Well if we hadn't already, now we've really messed up, haven't we?

Wasting all our budget on Hunt, Wing and Peacock-Farrell...we'll have none left for quality League One players!

:duntmatter:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not wrong to be fair.

On paper it looks good. But won’t get too ahead of myself. I thought we had a good window last time in the circumstances.

We had a massive gap in our recruitment last year Sall. Strikers. We still do but after today I’m feeling a bit more confident that will be addressed.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I still don’t know where Paterson plays. 

I still don't know IF he can play.

Warnock said he can't defend. He obviously isn't a striker. I'm not convinced he's a midfielder.

Don't get me wrong he always give 100% and he is good at shithousery, I just don't think he's a footballer.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Hopefully Att starts following Josh Sims on Instagram soon

As much as I think sims is a good player , especially in league 1, if we sign Jasper and Uwakwe after their trials I don't reckon we'll be in for anymore wingers, two strikers and a left sided CB will pretty much complete our recruitment imo. With a squad hopefully looking abit like this

Peacock-Farrell

Dawson 

Wildsmith

J. Hunt 

Palmer

Dawodu

Iorfa

Hutchinson 

Dunkley

Brennan 

(New) 

Brown

Galvin 

Luongo 

Adeniran 

Dele Bashiru

Bannan

A. Hunt

Waldock

Uwakwe 

Wing

Green

Windass

Shodipo 

Hagan 

Jasper 

Paterson

Adedoyin 

(New)

(New)

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Lincoln sign Hakeeb Adelakun and Teddy Bishop on permanent deals.

Smart business, they should be contenders this season.

Think we got better players in both positions. 

Both are talented but very inconsistent, Bishop also had terrible injury problems through out his career. Very highly rated at one point though and perhaps this move will get him back to his best. 

7 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

As much as I think sims is a good player , especially in league 1, if we sign Jasper and Uwakwe after their trials I don't reckon we'll be in for anymore wingers, two strikers and a left sided CB will pretty much complete our recruitment imo. With a squad hopefully looking abit like this

Peacock-Farrell

Dawson 

Wildsmith

J. Hunt 

Palmer

Dawodu

Iorfa

Hutchinson 

Dunkley

Brennan 

(New) 

Brown

Galvin 

Luongo 

Adeniran 

Dele Bashiru

Bannan

A. Hunt

Waldock

Uwakwe 

Wing

Green

Windass

Shodipo 

Hagan 

Jasper 

Paterson

Adedoyin 

(New)

(New)

You want us to have a squad of 30.

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why not? League one is a long hard slog, we need the bodies. Plus about 12 of those have been brought in from academies, either ours or other teams'. They will be on peanuts.

Edited by s29wfc

7 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Why not? League one is a long hard slog, we need the bodies. Plus about 12 of those have been brought in from academies, either ours or other teams'. They will be on peanuts.

Its to big a squad to maintain on a league one budget, most probably lucky to have 20 decent players before they are raiding the unheard of u18 players. 

I think it will be around 23 and the likes of Galvin, Waldock, Hagan as back up and getting involved now and then.

Edited by pazowl55

18 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Let’s be real, some of those young lads should be out on loan or are simply not ready.

Waldock, Hagan, Dawodu, Brennan, Dele-Bashiru, Hunt, Adedoyin - are they ready to step up? Don’t know if you don’t try, but none of them have benefitted from loan spells which is so crucial to their development. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Idealy we want team of 22 seniora players with U-23's stepping up and filling the gaps in our squad when needed. 

I’d prefer smaller senior squad like you say supplemented by a strong u23 squad. 

• Like 1

That squad list looks decent, but with Windass out at the moment my concern is where the goals will come from. I didn’t jump on the band wagon with the signings last year, though I thought a couple would do better than they did (Marriott and Kachunga) but I think we are at least 2 regular scorers from anything to get too excited about so far. Plus our central defence is an interesting one and it’s effectiveness could be dependent on whether we play 2 or 3 CHs. If we go into the season primarily with Iorfa, Dunkley and Hutch, we have 3 players who will need to score quite often and 2 of them need to stay fit for most of the season and that’s if we are playing just 2 of them. Plus they all played as CHs in the team that took us down, clearly all 3 have looked like they’d be incredibly good players L1, but will they get close to those levels and how much has injuries effected them (Eg will we get a Dunkley similar to the one who went up with Wigan or a Dunkley who last year often looked lost, one paced and not that good at defending)

1 hour ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Totally speculative, but I wonder if the signing of Wing means that Bannan may leave - either on loan or permanent. Maybe, I’m just a pessimist when I should just be happy with a good news day!

Not the same type of player, so no.