The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I get what you mean but if Moore sees Wing as a long term fit and we need to move Paterson out to do it then I think it’ll happen. There’s no way that every move we’re going to make is a Loan and I can’t see us bringing in Byers, Wing and P-F without moving some players out. I see Bannan’s travelling with the squad tonight but out with a back injury? Smokescreen perhaps? Maybe going to Swansea with Byers coming the other way plus cash?

Does Warnock want Bannan? Could he be swapped for Wing?

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I get what you mean but if Moore sees Wing as a long term fit and we need to move Paterson out to do it then I think it’ll happen. There’s no way that every move we’re going to make is a Loan and I can’t see us bringing in Byers, Wing and P-F without moving some players out. I see Bannan’s travelling with the squad tonight but out with a back injury? Smokescreen perhaps? Maybe going to Swansea with Byers coming the other way plus cash?

I still don’t know where Paterson plays. 

1 hour ago, flash said:

Al has said it’s a playmaker so could be the Swansea lad I suppose. Also makes me wonder if BB is on his way soon. 

Byers was playmaker in his youth days, not any more. What he played for Swansea he played NEXT TO their playmaker Grimes, mostly keeping possession by playing short sideways and backward passes. But than again it was role he was playing, perhaps he would have been more adventurous with his passing if he was given bit more freedom on the ball. 

Still can't help myself but thinking that if he comes it will be on big wages while he is not a type of midfielder that we need.

1 minute ago, malek said:

Byers was playmaker in his youth days, not any more. What he played for Swansea he played NEXT TO their playmaker Grimes, mostly keeping possession by playing short sideways and backward passes. But than again it was role he was playing, perhaps he would have been more adventurous with his passing if he was given bit more freedom on the ball. 

Still can't help myself but thinking that if he comes it will be on big wages while he is not a type of midfielder that we need.

As the EFL are limiting our wages, how big could they be?

Lewis Wing is a game changer. Perfect for the number 10 role and should compliment what we already have in midfield. Also he's a great set piece taker which is something we have lacked since Ross Wallace left. If we get it over the line it's probably as good of a signing as any made in league 1 so far. Obviously need a striker and a keeper through the door before the Charlton game but this definitely gives encouragement that we are in the market for the right type of player.

• Like 3

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Wish Wing was a permanent deal. 

Agree, but beggars can't be choosers. Suspect this season will be a case of do whatever it takes to try and get promoted. Can then start to spend a bit more on permanent deals.