The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Peacock Farrell

Iorfa Hutchinson Dunkley

Hunt Bannan Luongo Brown

Shodipo Wing Green

Paterson

Ok that’s very competitive at this level as a first 11. Adenarin strong cover from the bench and Windass option up front when fit. Palmer and Galvin decent wing back cover. Palmer can also fit in at centre half. 

Need three more for me. Another wide option and a centre back to cover Borner leaving plus another out and out centre forward.

And if I’m being greedy another option up front. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Peacock Farrell

Iorfa Hutchinson Dunkley

Hunt Bannan Luongo Brown

Shodipo Wing Green

Paterson

Ok that’s very competitive at this level as a first 11. Adenarin strong cover from the bench and Windass option up front when fit. Palmer and Galvin decent wing back cover. Palmer can also fit in at centre half. 

Need three more for me. Another wide option and a centre back to cover Borner leaving plus another out and out centre forward.

And if I’m being greedy another option up front. 

So, playing 12-a-side now??  These EFL guys!!

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

would leave us even shorter upfront though If he does go the other way. 

We need a couple of strikers bringing in with or without Patterson.  He is a makeshift option at best in the way that Moore appears to want to play.

• Like 1

Just now, owlinexile said:

We need a couple of strikers bringing in with or without Patterson.  He is a makeshift option at best in the way that Moore appears to want to play.

This. Don't see how/where Paterson fits in effectively in how Moore wants to set up.  Depends if have any loan's / free agents ready to sign in August

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

So we can swap players, but we can't buy any.... nice piece of business, have Boro any other players we would want?

Don’t know. Just a guess but I don’t see it being a problem but we’d probably need our friends at the EFL to ok the deal?

As for the it would leave us even shorter up front comments. It would but I don’t see Paterson doing a great deal for us this season or staying beyond it. If we can move him on now and potentially get a useful player in the process, why not?

16 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He can hold it up and win flick ons unlike Paterson. We need a focal point up top and have done ever since we let Fletcher and Nuhiu go. Can’t think of many better available options than Vokes.

That’s why I said exactly what we need in THESE circumstances? We ain’t gona get any better I don’t think as a target man? As long as we get some legs up there with him I’d feel more confident than Paterson? Unless any body can think of any one else? Only other option I can think of and might have chance of getting is Matt Smith from millwall? Getting on but still does a job and right hand full

36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Lewis Wing signing.

Bailey Peacock Farrell signing.

Source - Att’s instagram

lol

Wing would be an excellent signing. 

I'm not sure about Peacock-Farrell given the loan fee quoted, but seems that he is Moore's number one choice and a good sign that he has been backed, if it happens.

But, can we please have some strikers please!!

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

We must be shifting someone out then. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Wing deal saw Paterson going the other way? Prepares to get shot down in flames 😬

With Windass out I can’t see us letting Paterson go unless we’re sure of strikers coming in.

3 minutes ago, mogbad said:

With Windass out I can’t see us letting Paterson go unless we’re sure of strikers coming in.

I get what you mean but if Moore sees Wing as a long term fit and we need to move Paterson out to do it then I think it’ll happen. There’s no way that every move we’re going to make is a Loan and I can’t see us bringing in Byers, Wing and P-F without moving some players out. I see Bannan’s travelling with the squad tonight but out with a back injury? Smokescreen perhaps? Maybe going to Swansea with Byers coming the other way plus cash?