The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Expecting to see uwakwe sign

A hunch or some inside info? I have to say I like the look of him in the clips I've seen. Think he could become a real talent with the right coaching.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Expecting to see uwakwe sign

Not being funny but didn’t we think Bola was signing and it didn’t happen?.  I know the world of transfers is bonkers so not having a go at you,  hopefully we see some confirmed signings soon!

• Thanks 1

I was looking through the list of players Moore has worked with on Transfer Market. He favours youth simple as that. It looks in the main the vast majority of experienced players he’s worked with he’s inherited from previous regimes at WBA, Doncaster and here obviously. Chansiri is definitely gone down a different route by appointing Moore. I hope it works? I think it has every chance of doing so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

When the top clubs sort their squads out for the season, both domestically and for Europe, loan signings will trickle through the leagues.  Not sure when the window closes, but I’d expect us doing most of our business in the last week. 

Sounds familiar

9 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

What kind of player is he, though?

Cheap and available I suspect. 

• Haha 1

Don’t get me wrong, we’re absolutely stumped for options up top and he’s better than anything we currently have , but Sam Vokes exactly what we need ?  

Am not too sure that’s a signing I’d get excited about away from him been a slight better option than Paterson who I don’t rate as a striker whatsoever,   absolutely woeful last few times saw him play for Stoke 

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t get me wrong, we’re absolutely stumped for options up top and he’s better than anything we currently have , but Sam Vokes exactly what we need ?  

Am not too sure that’s a signing I’d get excited about away from him been a slight better option than Paterson who I don’t rate as a striker whatsoever,   absolutely woeful last few times saw him play for Stoke 

He can hold it up and win flick ons unlike Paterson. We need a focal point up top and have done ever since we let Fletcher and Nuhiu go. Can’t think of many better available options than Vokes.

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He can hold it up and win flick ons unlike Paterson. We need a focal point up top and have done ever since we let Fletcher and Nuhiu go. Can’t think of many better available options than Vokes.

That’s why I said exactly what we need in THESE circumstances? We ain’t gona get any better I don’t think as a target man? As long as we get some legs up there with him I’d feel more confident than Paterson? Unless any body can think of any one else? Only other option I can think of and might have chance of getting is Matt Smith from millwall? Getting on but still does a job and right hand full

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

What kind of player is he, though?

Central Midfielder. But can play left wing and even has played left wing back. 6ft too, and 21. Been at Chelsea since he was 8 so they must see some ongoing development...

1 hour ago, basegreenowl said:

Central Midfielder. But can play left wing and even has played left wing back. 6ft too, and 21. Been at Chelsea since he was 8 so they must see some ongoing development...

Chelsea just harvest hundreds of kids at a very young age. It's like a factory production line but very few of them succeed there.

Lewis Baker has been at Chelsea since he was 9. He's still there 17 years on, yet has never played a game for them. He's been on loan to 8 different clubs including us. I wonder why no club has tried to sign him permanently.

It's a bit concerning though that Uwakwe couldn't get many starts for Accrington.

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

should we be concerned that Accrington didn’t think he warranted a starting place very often last season? 

Possibly, but young players at that age can be like chalk and cheese in terms of their development one seasom to the next, hopefully that experience will help him. 

The situation we are in is gambling  on  young players who are about to have their break out season, we can't afford all players who are already on the radar and have had that season under their belts, especially in L1 with our other wage commitments.

It is a gamble, however we've seen their games played to date and had a good look at them on trial, that's about as much due diligence as we can do in the market we're shopping in.

• Love 1