Jump to content

The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:


like I’ve said , I don’t think it’s a that much of a an issue , whilst it want the most important area a player like hunt comes about , we had one experienced right back in Palmer , ok dawodu young lad and iorfa could fill in BUT it’s a shrewd signing in my view . Moore has come out and said he wants attackers and a keeper and more in so I’m sure he has the wage budget 

Agree. Hunt improves the squad that’s why he was signed. Better than Palmer, better then Dawodu, Iorfa will play CB.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 0742 said:

oh, so his wages won't be deduced from the wage budget then. that's a first!

 

Who said that? Certainly not me.

 

But the recruitment team have clearly identified several positions they want to strengthen and will have set aside parts of the budget for each one.

 

The fact that we've added a wingback won't impact on our search for a striker.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Who said that? Certainly not me.

 

But the recruitment team have clearly identified several positions they want to strengthen and will have set aside parts of the budget for each one.

 

The fact that we've added a wingback won't impact on our search for a striker.

 

Sorry mate, but both of those things cannot be true at the same time.

 

You cannot say that signing hunt won't impact the wage budget and then say signing him won't impact our search for a striker. 

 

If his wages come out of the budget, it impacts the search for other players, which moore has specifically said he wants to sign....strikers.

 

I guess a better question would be whether we needed to sign a right back. Interestingly moore hasn't said much on this signing. wonder why that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

Strong logic right there :Chansiri:

 

If you agree the club is financially screwed, it's a bad signing 

if you agree the club is operating on a much reduced budget, it's a bad signing

if you agree we're desperate to sign forwards and a keeper, it's a bad signing

if you agree iorfa, palmer and dawodu can play right back, it's a bad signing 

if you agree that a 1 year contract is just more bizarre business, it's a bad signing 

 

The desperation on here by some to justify this signing is comical. Now imagine we start the season without signing at least 1 experienced prolific forward... some will still say the hunt signing made sense. 

Now imagine we sign a couple of decent strikers and a keeper......your Mandy tantrum is going to look really stupid. 

But im sure you will spend all next season slagging Hunt off wether he plays well or not, just to prove you were right all along. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Plonk said:

Now imagine we sign a couple of decent strikers and a keeper......your Mandy tantrum is going to look really stupid. 

But im sure you will spend all next season slagging Hunt off wether he plays well or not, just to prove you were right all along. 

 

oh here we go, another usual suspect pops up!

 

I see you've not actually disputed a single point i raised. what a surprise. By your logic, you're going to look really stupid if we don't "sign a couple of decent strikers" i know where i'd put my money on that bet 😂

 

I won't do anything of the sort either, i hope hunt plays well and people who suggest things like that are very odd. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

Sorry mate, but both of those things cannot be true at the same time.

 

You cannot say that signing hunt won't impact the wage budget and then say signing him won't impact our search for a striker. 

 

If his wages come out of the budget, it impacts the search for other players, which moore has specifically said he wants to sign....strikers.

 

I guess a better question would be whether we needed to sign a right back. Interestingly moore hasn't said much on this signing. wonder why that is.


I think the Hunt signing comes out of Borner’s wage with money spare. It gives us another option on the right should we play 3 at the back and Hunt can play wing back. 

 

I wholeheartedly agree that we need 2 central strikers to compete for that 1 starting spot, we need a quality winger and we could do with a number 1 keeper.

 

Certainly, bringing in those strikers will prove difficult given the money we have available to us and it’s more likely those deals will be struck right at the end of the transfer window. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 year deal for a player of this standard is a no brainer. What planet are people on. I actually think some puddings on here actually believe the massive thing. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

1 year deal for a player of this standard is a no brainer. What planet are people on. I actually think some puddings on here actually believe the massive thing. 

 

Why is your start point to always be so insulting? You come off as so insecure on here. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

Sorry mate, but both of those things cannot be true at the same time.

 

You cannot say that signing hunt won't impact the wage budget and then say signing him won't impact our search for a striker. 

 

If his wages come out of the budget, it impacts the search for other players, which moore has specifically said he wants to sign....strikers.

 

I guess a better question would be whether we needed to sign a right back. Interestingly moore hasn't said much on this signing. wonder why that is.

 

Not really, but by all means keep pummelling away at that strawman.

 

Nobody knows for sure what the EFL will or won't let us spend.  We might, for example, have an overall remaining wage budget of £40k a week, but not be allowed to offer more than, say £5k of it per week to any one player.

 

The precise figures don't matter.  A first-choice right wing back left the club in the summer, we have replaced him for free with a cheaper (imo better) player.  Good bit of business.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

 

Not really, but by all means keep pummelling away at that strawman.

 

Nobody knows for sure what the EFL will or won't let us spend.  We might, for example, have an overall remaining wage budget of £40k a week, but not be allowed to offer more than, say £5k of it per week to any one player.

 

The precise figures don't matter.  A first-choice right wing back left the club in the summer, we have replaced him for free with a cheaper (imo better) player.  Good bit of business.

 

 

 

You're not very au fait with debating tactics are you?! 😂

 

'first choice right wing back' uroghide, harris, odubajo ?! 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Hunt is a much better wingback than Palmer. That is why he has been signed.


Common sense post alert 

 

People moaning about wasting wages on Hunt, it’s similar to those who complain about the order we get the signings in.  “Why have we signed a defender when we need a striker more desperately?”.. 

 

Man Utd “Hey sancho we really want to sign you but we need to announce the signing of a defender first or our fans will lose their sh*t, can you wait another week?”  Sancho “err no”.  Man Utd “ok fair enough”. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:


Common sense post alert 

 

People moaning about wasting wages on Hunt, it’s similar to those who complain about the order we get the signings in.  “Why have we signed a defender when we need a striker more desperately?”.. 

 

Man Utd “Hey sancho we really want to sign you but we need to announce the signing of a defender first or our fans will lose their sh*t, can you wait another week?”  Sancho “err no”.  Man Utd “ok fair enough”. 

 

No it's not, not even in the slightest is it the same.

 

Trying to draw comparisons by the business man utd do and what we have to do is ridiculous. if you can';t see why, then maybe start by comparing the finances of both clubs. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

 

You're not very au fait with debating tactics are you?! 😂

 

'first choice right wing back' uroghide, harris, odubajo ?! 

 

 

Ah, you are one of THOSE!

 

One day it will click that not everything in life is a debate you have to win.  It's ok to change your mind when you know you are talking testicles...

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:


Common sense post alert 

 

People moaning about wasting wages on Hunt, it’s similar to those who complain about the order we get the signings in.  “Why have we signed a defender when we need a striker more desperately?”.. 

 

Man Utd “Hey sancho we really want to sign you but we need to announce the signing of a defender first or our fans will lose their sh*t, can you wait another week?”  Sancho “err no”.  Man Utd “ok fair enough”. 

 

The difference between us and Man Utd is that they have a massive budget, one of the highest in worldwide sport, nevermind football.

 

And the fact we have suffered for the past 2/3 years after signing players we didn't need on big money. A one year deal makes me feel better about it, but people are rightly going to question signing a RB when we already have 3 that can play there, after we have just been relegated in huge part to stupid recruitment decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

Why is your start point to always be so insulting? You come off as so insecure on here. 

Insecure? OK. Great feedback. 

 

I just don’t suffer fools and It’s difficult on here at times. Take note. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

 

The difference between us and Man Utd is that they have a massive budget, one of the highest in worldwide sport, nevermind football.

 

And the fact we have suffered for the past 2/3 years after signing players we didn't need on big money. A one year deal makes me feel better about it, but people are rightly going to question signing a RB when we already have 3 that can play there, after we have just been relegated in huge part to stupid recruitment decisions.


Like I said earlier, the key signings will be more difficult to make so we may need to wait until nearer the end of the window,

sadly.

 

Dawodu will not be in Moore’s plans this season and Iorfa should be used solely at centre back which is his best position by a mile. 
 

Hunt will provide competition at right back, will also be excellent at wing back should we play this formation as well. 
 

We are looking short in areas but I’m confident Moore will address it. Left sided centre half, 2 central strikers, quality winger and keeper are priorities. 
 

It will be interesting to see who we bring in up top. I really do think this area will be a difficult one to address. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see both sides on the Hunt signing. He is undoubtedly a decent player that adds to the squad and first team. That said, I’m not sure how much better he is than Palmer.

 

But if Palmer leaves or is going to be deployed in other positions which he certainly can I see the value of signing Hunt alongside a backdrop of other signings that gave different degrees of risk and reward. 
 

6-7 out of 10 type players are needed in squads/teams even if signing them feels a bit meh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...