The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

35 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Strong logic right there :Chansiri:

If you agree the club is financially screwed, it's a bad signing 

if you agree the club is operating on a much reduced budget, it's a bad signing

if you agree we're desperate to sign forwards and a keeper, it's a bad signing

if you agree iorfa, palmer and dawodu can play right back, it's a bad signing 

if you agree that a 1 year contract is just more bizarre business, it's a bad signing 

The desperation on here by some to justify this signing is comical. Now imagine we start the season without signing at least 1 experienced prolific forward... some will still say the hunt signing made sense. 

Now imagine we sign a couple of decent strikers and a keeper......your Mandy tantrum is going to look really stupid. 

But im sure you will spend all next season slagging Hunt off wether he plays well or not, just to prove you were right all along. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Now imagine we sign a couple of decent strikers and a keeper......your Mandy tantrum is going to look really stupid. 

But im sure you will spend all next season slagging Hunt off wether he plays well or not, just to prove you were right all along. 

oh here we go, another usual suspect pops up!

I see you've not actually disputed a single point i raised. what a surprise. By your logic, you're going to look really stupid if we don't "sign a couple of decent strikers" i know where i'd put my money on that bet 😂

I won't do anything of the sort either, i hope hunt plays well and people who suggest things like that are very odd. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Sorry mate, but both of those things cannot be true at the same time.

You cannot say that signing hunt won't impact the wage budget and then say signing him won't impact our search for a striker. 

If his wages come out of the budget, it impacts the search for other players, which moore has specifically said he wants to sign....strikers.

I guess a better question would be whether we needed to sign a right back. Interestingly moore hasn't said much on this signing. wonder why that is.

I think the Hunt signing comes out of Borner’s wage with money spare. It gives us another option on the right should we play 3 at the back and Hunt can play wing back. 

I wholeheartedly agree that we need 2 central strikers to compete for that 1 starting spot, we need a quality winger and we could do with a number 1 keeper.

Certainly, bringing in those strikers will prove difficult given the money we have available to us and it’s more likely those deals will be struck right at the end of the transfer window. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

1 year deal for a player of this standard is a no brainer. What planet are people on. I actually think some puddings on here actually believe the massive thing. 

Why is your start point to always be so insulting? You come off as so insecure on here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Sorry mate, but both of those things cannot be true at the same time.

You cannot say that signing hunt won't impact the wage budget and then say signing him won't impact our search for a striker. 

If his wages come out of the budget, it impacts the search for other players, which moore has specifically said he wants to sign....strikers.

I guess a better question would be whether we needed to sign a right back. Interestingly moore hasn't said much on this signing. wonder why that is.

Not really, but by all means keep pummelling away at that strawman.

Nobody knows for sure what the EFL will or won't let us spend.  We might, for example, have an overall remaining wage budget of £40k a week, but not be allowed to offer more than, say £5k of it per week to any one player.

The precise figures don't matter.  A first-choice right wing back left the club in the summer, we have replaced him for free with a cheaper (imo better) player.  Good bit of business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Not really, but by all means keep pummelling away at that strawman.

Nobody knows for sure what the EFL will or won't let us spend.  We might, for example, have an overall remaining wage budget of £40k a week, but not be allowed to offer more than, say £5k of it per week to any one player.

The precise figures don't matter.  A first-choice right wing back left the club in the summer, we have replaced him for free with a cheaper (imo better) player.  Good bit of business.

You're not very au fait with debating tactics are you?! 😂

'first choice right wing back' uroghide, harris, odubajo ?! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Hunt is a much better wingback than Palmer. That is why he has been signed.

Common sense post alert 

People moaning about wasting wages on Hunt, it’s similar to those who complain about the order we get the signings in.  “Why have we signed a defender when we need a striker more desperately?”.. 

Man Utd “Hey sancho we really want to sign you but we need to announce the signing of a defender first or our fans will lose their sh*t, can you wait another week?”  Sancho “err no”.  Man Utd “ok fair enough”. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Common sense post alert 

People moaning about wasting wages on Hunt, it’s similar to those who complain about the order we get the signings in.  “Why have we signed a defender when we need a striker more desperately?”.. 

Man Utd “Hey sancho we really want to sign you but we need to announce the signing of a defender first or our fans will lose their sh*t, can you wait another week?”  Sancho “err no”.  Man Utd “ok fair enough”. 

No it's not, not even in the slightest is it the same.

Trying to draw comparisons by the business man utd do and what we have to do is ridiculous. if you can';t see why, then maybe start by comparing the finances of both clubs. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

You're not very au fait with debating tactics are you?! 😂

'first choice right wing back' uroghide, harris, odubajo ?! 

Ah, you are one of THOSE!

One day it will click that not everything in life is a debate you have to win.  It's ok to change your mind when you know you are talking testicles...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Common sense post alert 

The difference between us and Man Utd is that they have a massive budget, one of the highest in worldwide sport, nevermind football.

And the fact we have suffered for the past 2/3 years after signing players we didn't need on big money. A one year deal makes me feel better about it, but people are rightly going to question signing a RB when we already have 3 that can play there, after we have just been relegated in huge part to stupid recruitment decisions.

17 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Why is your start point to always be so insulting? You come off as so insecure on here. 

Insecure? OK. Great feedback. 

I just don’t suffer fools and It’s difficult on here at times. Take note. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

The difference between us and Man Utd is that they have a massive budget, one of the highest in worldwide sport, nevermind football.

And the fact we have suffered for the past 2/3 years after signing players we didn't need on big money. A one year deal makes me feel better about it, but people are rightly going to question signing a RB when we already have 3 that can play there, after we have just been relegated in huge part to stupid recruitment decisions.

Like I said earlier, the key signings will be more difficult to make so we may need to wait until nearer the end of the window,

sadly.

Dawodu will not be in Moore’s plans this season and Iorfa should be used solely at centre back which is his best position by a mile. 

Hunt will provide competition at right back, will also be excellent at wing back should we play this formation as well. 

We are looking short in areas but I’m confident Moore will address it. Left sided centre half, 2 central strikers, quality winger and keeper are priorities. 

It will be interesting to see who we bring in up top. I really do think this area will be a difficult one to address. 

I can see both sides on the Hunt signing. He is undoubtedly a decent player that adds to the squad and first team. That said, I’m not sure how much better he is than Palmer.

But if Palmer leaves or is going to be deployed in other positions which he certainly can I see the value of signing Hunt alongside a backdrop of other signings that gave different degrees of risk and reward. 

6-7 out of 10 type players are needed in squads/teams even if signing them feels a bit meh. 

7 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Ah, you are one of THOSE!

One day it will click that not everything in life is a debate you have to win.  It's ok to change your mind when you know you are talking testicles...

If by one of those, you mean i don't post things like 'strawman' when i have no clue about debating, then yes, i am. 

I'm more than happy to change my mind too, but as yet, literally nobody has provided any discussion as to why my points and opinion should be changed. I don't think with how the club currently is, that we should have signed Hunt. I think it's poor management of what is limited resources. I understand people may think differently.

However, look at the responses i'v had on here, 90% is an attack on me, rather than debating the point. I think that you have also proved that it's not about discussion for you, with your constant 'testicles' diatribe. maybe try engaging on a higher level than that and we can have some decent discussion, rather than the pond level most seem to want to bring.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 0742 said:

No it's not, not even in the slightest is it the same.

Trying to draw comparisons by the business man utd do and what we have to do is ridiculous. if you can';t see why, then maybe start by comparing the finances of both clubs. 

Completely missing the point

We are in talks to sign strikers

We have the budget available to sign those strikers

We also had spare money to bring in a better right back.  

What’s the problem? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1