The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

15 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Opoko, Dunkley & Iorfa as a back three are huge. Now if we can sign a player that beats the first man from corners we’ll have some real threat from set plays. 

And hopefully play football in the right areas of the pitch. 

Make Bannan almost void of defensive duties. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

It was reported that Hunt's contract was within the guidelines of the EFL I very much doubt he will be on mega bucks  and will definitely have signed on lesser terms than what he was on at Bristol City.

Strong logic right there :Chansiri:

If you agree the club is financially screwed, it's a bad signing 

if you agree the club is operating on a much reduced budget, it's a bad signing

if you agree we're desperate to sign forwards and a keeper, it's a bad signing

if you agree iorfa, palmer and dawodu can play right back, it's a bad signing 

if you agree that a 1 year contract is just more bizarre business, it's a bad signing 

The desperation on here by some to justify this signing is comical. Now imagine we start the season without signing at least 1 experienced prolific forward... some will still say the hunt signing made sense. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, 0742 said:

It's poor management of the wage budget to sign Hunt, when we're so desperate for strikers.

We should be throwing as much of the wage budget at forwards as we can. 

Anyone justifying the Hunt signing is just desperate and in denial about the batshît craziness going on down at Hillsborough.

How do you know our wage budget is to tight ? 

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

How do you know our wage budget is to tight ? 

WTF kind of question is this?! We've struggled to pay wages and have a threat of -6 points if we pay late again. Come on FFS.

Do you think we have a big wage budget? 

7 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Strong logic right there :Chansiri:

If you agree the club is financially screwed, it's a bad signing 

if you agree the club is operating on a much reduced budget, it's a bad signing

if you agree we're desperate to sign forwards and a keeper, it's a bad signing

if you agree iorfa, palmer and dawodu can play right back, it's a bad signing 

if you agree that a 1 year contract is just more bizarre business, it's a bad signing 

The desperation on here by some to justify this signing is comical. Now imagine we start the season without signing at least 1 experienced prolific forward... some will still say the hunt signing made sense. 

Signing Hunt doesn't prevent us from signing a striker. It's not a case of one or the other.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, 0742 said:

It's poor management of the wage budget to sign Hunt, when we're so desperate for strikers.

We should be throwing as much of the wage budget at forwards as we can. 

Anyone justifying the Hunt signing is just desperate and in denial about the batshît craziness going on down at Hillsborough.

Signing an experienced championship player on a free transfer is pretty much the least batshit crazy thing that has happened at Hillsborough for years.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

WTF kind of question is this?! We've struggled to pay wages and have a threat of -6 points if we pay late again. Come on FFS.

Do you think we have a big wage budget? 

Did it mean we didn’t have money ? Constantly reported we had the money available by Nixon , likes of bazza still here on big money . I think our wage budget is probably one of the highest in League one

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Signing Hunt doesn't prevent us from signing a striker. It's not a case of one or the other.

oh, so his wages won't be deduced from the wage budget then. that's a first!

Just now, owlinexile said:

Signing an experienced championship player on a free transfer is pretty much the least batshit crazy thing that has happened at Hillsborough for years.

200 pages; nobody mentions we need to sign a right back.

we sign a right back - the usual suspects: it's fine, completely normal thing to do

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

we sign a right back - the usual suspects: it's fine, completely normal thing to do

lol

he didn’t say it doesn’t deduce from wage budget , just said it doesn’t stop us from signing a striker 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

100% 

Literally nobody said it was a case of signing one or the other. 

signing hunt will impact the wage budget 

it wasn't an important signing

hunt will still be one of the better paid players in the squad

• Like 1

Just now, 0742 said:

lol

We need to improve in every area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

Literally nobody said it was a case of signing one or the other. 

signing hunt will impact the wage budget 

it wasn't an important signing

hunt will still be one of the better paid players in the squad

like I’ve said , I don’t think it’s a that much of a an issue , whilst it want the most important area a player like hunt comes about , we had one experienced right back in Palmer , ok dawodu young lad and iorfa could fill in BUT it’s a shrewd signing in my view . Moore has come out and said he wants attackers and a keeper and more in so I’m sure he has the wage budget 

7 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

like I’ve said , I don’t think it’s a that much of a an issue , whilst it want the most important area a player like hunt comes about , we had one experienced right back in Palmer , ok dawodu young lad and iorfa could fill in BUT it’s a shrewd signing in my view . Moore has come out and said he wants attackers and a keeper and more in so I’m sure he has the wage budget 

Agree. Hunt improves the squad that’s why he was signed. Better than Palmer, better then Dawodu, Iorfa will play CB.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Who said that? Certainly not me.

But the recruitment team have clearly identified several positions they want to strengthen and will have set aside parts of the budget for each one.

The fact that we've added a wingback won't impact on our search for a striker.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Who said that? Certainly not me.

But the recruitment team have clearly identified several positions they want to strengthen and will have set aside parts of the budget for each one.

The fact that we've added a wingback won't impact on our search for a striker.

Sorry mate, but both of those things cannot be true at the same time.

You cannot say that signing hunt won't impact the wage budget and then say signing him won't impact our search for a striker. 

If his wages come out of the budget, it impacts the search for other players, which moore has specifically said he wants to sign....strikers.

I guess a better question would be whether we needed to sign a right back. Interestingly moore hasn't said much on this signing. wonder why that is.