The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest OwlPastie
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Palmer, Iorfa and Dawowu

Palmer is a right back

Iorfa is a right back converted to centre back who previous was signed as a right back and has played many games there but for injury last season would still be a right back.

Josh Dawowu sign from the Arsenal youth team a few years ago plays right back and has played that position in some of the friendlies this preseason.

3 decent options

Striker options err we dont have any

Iorfa can play RB and CB. But if Moore is looking at playing Wing Backs, I doubt Iorfa would be suited to that more attacking role. I think Hunt is a better option. 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Palmer, Iorfa and Dawowu

Palmer is a right back

Iorfa is a right back converted to centre back who previous was signed as a right back and has played many games there but for injury last season would still be a right back.

Josh Dawowu sign from the Arsenal youth team a few years ago plays right back and has played that position in some of the friendlies this preseason.

3 decent options

I'm sure it wasnt a one or the other type scenario. 

DC holding a gun to DM's head making him pick a RB or a striker. We'll sign a striker or two, just chill. 

Jack Hunt is a good signing in league 1 and better than any RB we have. Palmer will play LB I'm pretty sure. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Palmer, Iorfa and Dawowu

Palmer is a right back

3 decent options

We will need Iorfa as a first choice centre-back, once fit.

Dawodu might not even be part of the first team squad at all for all we know.  The fact that he has been playing at all indicates that we are short in that area.

Palmer is fine, I guess.  He lacks Hunt's attacking qualities as a wing-back. 

We now have two decent options at right back, which is fine.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Palmer, Iorfa and Dawowu

Palmer is a right back

3 decent options

Woah, hold the phone, you've just complained about signing "kids" with hardly any league experience or none above league one, but want to play an untried untested Dawudo, because he's played in friendlies........ Wowsers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

He's been looking at kids and barely anyone of them are old enough tocshave, then signs a 30 year old ex player, for a position he already has Palmer, Iorfa and Dawodu. But is working on a shoestring with 4 options at right back 

Yes this is definitely a DM signing.😁😁😁😁😁

You know all the players he’s been looking at? 

Or could it be a case of the ‘kids’ were the easiest to persuade to join? 

Problem is that wages are a problem. We brought in right back who is roughly on pair to one already at the club. 

At the same time we have two left back with very little first team experience. Couldn't we use that wages to bring in (for example) someone like Oglivie, prove League One lb to the club?

We are WASTING precious resources while we have so much in our squad that needs urgent fixing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, malek said:

Problem is that wages are a problem. We brought in right back who is roughly on pair to one already at the club. 

At the same time we have two left back with very little first team experience. Couldn't we use that wages to bring in (for example) someone like Oglivie, prove League One lb to the club?

We are WASTING precious resources while we have so much in our squad that needs urgent fixing. 

I think there are a few more OUTs before INs.

Palmer, Patterson and Bannan will be off I reckon. The Hunt signing is planning for life without them already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Plonk said:

If we signed Harry Kane, some of our fans would moan that he’s past his best.

100%. 

He'd be too slow and drops too deep into midfield.

I don't think he suits Man City 100%.

But he'd be a brilliant replacement for Firminho at Liverpool with Saleh and Mane either side of him.

All about opinions football. On any given day we're all right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Palmer, Patterson and Bannan will be off I reckon. The Hunt signing is planning for life without them already.

Funny thing is, if all those were to leave, and for clubs higher division wise, it'd be the funniest thing in a long time, because I'm sure I've read that none of em are good enough for what we need, or just not good enough period, funny thing opinions. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Whose spending money in the championship that will buy them?

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If we signed Harry Kane, some of our fans would moan that he’s past his best.

I think too many are getting their knickers in a twist. Totally agree and understand we need to focus on certain areas but I’ll chuck this in, I think we are going to set up differently to how we have in the past hence we’re not looking for strikers in the traditional sense. Also the current squad as stated many times before is unbalanced and will take several transfer windows to sort out, in fact we’ll be having another clear out next summer if not before and perhaps only then can Moore really sort out our deficiencies and really stamp his authority, style and ethos on the team. If he manages to make us competitive this season, he’s swum the channel while pulling a tug boat 😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Whose spending money in the championship that will buy them?

Who mentioned the Championship? 

Bannan's got atleast two clubs interested in him, probably more.

All three want to play for Scotland again and League One football won't get them on Steve Clarke's radar at all.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I think too many are getting their knickers in a twist. Totally agree and understand we need to focus on certain areas but I’ll chuck this in, I think we are going to set up differently to how we have in the past hence we’re not looking for strikers in the traditional sense. Also the current squad as stated many times before is unbalanced and will take several transfer windows to sort out, in fact we’ll be having another clear out next summer if not before and perhaps only then can Moore really sort out our deficiencies and really stamp his authority, style and ethos on the team. If he manages to make us competitive this season, he’s swum the channel while pulling a tug boat 😆

Agree with the above, but would DC?  I reckon with captain looney-bin in charge, if we are not top 6 or thereabouts at Chrtistmas, then Moore will be a gonna.

8 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Funny thing is, if all those were to leave, and for clubs higher division wise, it'd be the funniest thing in a long time, because I'm sure I've read that none of em are good enough for what we need, or just not good enough period, funny thing opinions. 

They'd be OK in League One, if it's they have the desire to stay and fight that bothers me. All of them want Scotland call ups!

47 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

They'd be OK in League One, if it's they have the desire to stay and fight that bothers me. All of them want Scotland call ups!

Some on here have probabaly got more chance of a Scotland call up now then Bannan has.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Some on here have probabaly got more chance of a Scotland call up now then Bannan has.

I have it on a good source that Bannan doesn't really want to play international football anyway. Didn't enjoy it last time.

• Thanks 1

Only think we need one more striker, probably on a loan. Windass should get 15+ goals and Paterson will get 10+ if played up there. Shodipo and Green will chip in with at least 5 each and I expect Bannan will also. That's more than good enough for the first team, if they can be defensively solid enough. 

If we got another, they could act as good backup for the central role (Green can also play centrally if necessary) and I'm also a big fan of Adedoyin. Kody and Hagan will be more than good enough for cups and as a last throw of the dice for league if necessary.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anthndav said:

Who mentioned the Championship? 

Bannan's got atleast two clubs interested in him, probably more.

All three want to play for Scotland again and League One football won't get them on Steve Clarke's radar at all.

McGinn

McTominay

Gilmour

Jack

Christie

Armstrong

McGregor

Turnbull

McLean

Fleck

He has been a top player for us but there is absolutely no chance Bannan is ever playing for Scotland again at his age with them around in the middle of the park.

• Like 1
  • Love 1