The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

43 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Sunderland paid £3million for Grigg didn't they👀...reckon he'd be on a pretty hefty wage as well.

Nothing seems to be happening with Mullins since leaving Cambridge. Perhaps he's asking for ridiculous money off the back of last season, but he must have offers on the table. Like to see us go in for him, but he is a slight gamble, as last season was his first and only prolific season...and if his next move promises him a sizeable pay increase, he might not have the desire to try and follow what he's just achieved. Worth gambling I reckon.

Anyway, get us some strikers and a blooming goalie already!

Yeah, Griggs must be on mega money which is why I was surprised MK Dons managed to get him on loan last season. Maybe Sunderland just wanted a contribution to his wages from a club they didn’t consider a promotion rival. I’m not saying we are promotion candidates but I suspect they may not want to loan him to us at the start of the season.

Not seen much of Mullins but his record last season was impressive. Like you say, may be worth a gamble. Hopefully we do bag a couple of strikers and a keeper soon!

Think we will be in for another 4-7players

GK

CB

LB

CM

Winger

CF

CF 

priorities in order for me would be 

CF

CF

winger

GK

CB

CM

LB 

we need depth in attack to mix it up change the game cover form or loss of it and the obvious squad issues like fatigue fitness and suspensions 

1 hour ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Sunderland paid £3million for Grigg didn't they👀...reckon he'd be on a pretty hefty wage as well.

Nothing seems to be happening with Mullins since leaving Cambridge. Perhaps he's asking for ridiculous money off the back of last season, but he must have offers on the table. Like to see us go in for him, but he is a slight gamble, as last season was his first and only prolific season...and if his next move promises him a sizeable pay increase, he might not have the desire to try and follow what he's just achieved. Worth gambling I reckon.

Anyway, get us some strikers and a blooming goalie already!

Think with Mullins key would be to try and sort a contract like Maclean had with the appearance and goal incentives 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Paul Mullin must have a lot of interest. You don't score that many and not have. I have no idea how he plays but was his last season an anomaly? He'd never scored more than 9 league goals in conference or league 2 level beforr he scored his 32 last year. In fact his last seasons tally was almost as much as his whole career tally before that. I'd have him in as part of a striking team but wonder if he'd just be like Rhodes where we expect him to score goals but is just ineffective. We need 2-3 strikers with different attributes. 

Charlton was front runners for him a few weeks ago 

with interest from

blackburn Middlesbrough and Rotherham 

I’d like to think we can offer him first team football as a regular in an attacking side so he could be our main man 

but if he wants to stay down south think charlton would knock it 

can’t imagine he’d be on a fortune up until last season he’s had a non career in the non leagues and lower leagues 

at 26 and on the bank of last season he’s going to want best contact he can I’d imagine but I’d margining financially should be well in our grasps and we should defo be in for him as one of two strikers needed 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Think with Mullins key would be to try and sort a contract like Maclean had with the appearance and goal incentives 

I can't say I've seen him play, but watched his highlights yesterday and he does remind me a bit of MacLean or Ryan Lowe.

Mainly does his work inside the 6 yard area, one or two strikes from outside the box.

He won't be on huge amounts, I think he's 26 so not up and coming. No transfer fee, won't break the bank, we're struggling for strikers. Wouldn't mind us testing the water with an offer.

Moore - "Boss, the squad is nowhere near strong enough, we need to recruit several new players".

Chansiri "Ha, I like you Mr Moore, our special agent. Must dash, off to play crazy golf with the family. Keep up the good work, you're all doing very well".

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

As it stands this is what we've got

Wildsmith 

Dawson 

Iorfa          Dunkley     Hutchinson 

Brennan       Palmer 

J. Hunt            Luongo      Bannan           Brown

Dawodu          Adeniran   D-Bashiru         Galvin 

A. Hunt      Waldock 

Shodipo         Windass          Green 

Hagan           Paterson       Adedoyin 

Take away the u23's, and we are in trouble with what is left. A very thin squad. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Take away the u23's, and we are in trouble with what is left. A very thin squad. 

Luckily we’re not planning on shutting the U23’s then. I think we need to overlap the seniors and U23 this year and should have been in previous years to be more sustainable and encourage the use of our own rather than buying/loaning very average alternatives. 

Would Hunt have been so much worse than Brown, Hagen worse than Kachunga, Waldock that much worse than Joey? 

Personally l’d rather we had fewer first teamers of a higher quality and a higher quality of u23 that act as back up. Having 2 first team quality players for each position is not sustainable and ends up with two average players rather than one good player and a back up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

I can't say I've seen him play, but watched his highlights yesterday and he does remind me a bit of MacLean or Ryan Lowe.

Mainly does his work inside the 6 yard area, one or two strikes from outside the box.

He won't be on huge amounts, I think he's 26 so not up and coming. No transfer fee, won't break the bank, we're struggling for strikers. Wouldn't mind us testing the water with an offer.

Totally agree like you say what’s to lose. 

People wanting us to bring back players who already failed here and with their best days behind shows how poor our recruitment team is doing.

We should have been looking with excitement towards next season eager to see new players in action.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, malek said:

People wanting us to bring back players who already failed here and with their best days behind shows how poor our recruitment team is doing.

We should have been looking with excitement towards next season eager to see new players in action.

From the guy who has recommended every academy player for last 10 years... I am happy you dont agree

• Haha 2