The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

As it stands this is what we've got

Wildsmith 

Dawson 

Iorfa          Dunkley     Hutchinson 

Brennan       Palmer 

J. Hunt            Luongo      Bannan           Brown

Dawodu          Adeniran   D-Bashiru         Galvin 

A. Hunt      Waldock 

Shodipo         Windass          Green 

Hagan           Paterson       Adedoyin 

How many goals between them did they all get last season, they need 80 goals to get top 2, for top 6 its about 70, to finish top half they averaged about 60 goals.

And the bottom 4 that all got relegated averaged 50 goals between them.

As Dawson and Wildsmith through their whole Owls career have average at least goal a game conceding, we are probably going to need at least 60 goals to finish mudtable.

Last season the team above managed 31 goals that tally puts us 24th.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Wonder what Ross Wallace and Abdi are up to if we are going back to the future 

Is it only league one looven and pudil the next ones in followed by hooper and forestieri up front.

The more worrying thing is a 33 year old injury prone Gary hooper would be head and shoulders above anything we have up front currently.

come on DC get Fessi in on loan from Italy.

• Like 2

The key to a good season now will probably be luck. We will get desperate, especially in the striker department and end up getting our 4th/5th/6th choice x2 and just hope they prove to be good enough and work together as a pair or a 3 alongside Patterson/Green etc. Can't see us getting 2x strikers in until close to August 7th, one of them might even be end of August.

You would think we may go down the loan route for a keeper,  which again might mean waiting until the end of August. We need to get used to the idea of possibly having Wildsmith or Dawson between the pegs for a few league games at least and probably getting off to a poor start in general.

I imagine he’s on big money at a Sunderland, but do you think Will Grigg would be a decent signing? Hasn’t done much at Sunderland but appears to have done well at MK Dons on loan from Jan.

I haven’t seen him play too often. Maybe not the back to goal striker I think we need but he seems to have goals in him.

Sunderland paid £3million for Grigg didn't they👀...reckon he'd be on a pretty hefty wage as well.

Nothing seems to be happening with Mullins since leaving Cambridge. Perhaps he's asking for ridiculous money off the back of last season, but he must have offers on the table. Like to see us go in for him, but he is a slight gamble, as last season was his first and only prolific season...and if his next move promises him a sizeable pay increase, he might not have the desire to try and follow what he's just achieved. Worth gambling I reckon.

Anyway, get us some strikers and a blooming goalie already!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Sunderland paid £3million for Grigg didn't they👀...reckon he'd be on a pretty hefty wage as well.

Nothing seems to be happening with Mullins since leaving Cambridge. Perhaps he's asking for ridiculous money off the back of last season, but he must have offers on the table. Like to see us go in for him, but he is a slight gamble, as last season was his first and only prolific season...and if his next move promises him a sizeable pay increase, he might not have the desire to try and follow what he's just achieved. Worth gambling I reckon.

Anyway, get us some strikers and a blooming goalie already!

Mullin I imagine will be in high demand. I hope we’ve at least made contact.

There’s also Joe Dodoo who rejected a new deal at Wigan. Looks quite useful. I hope we’re looking at him too. 

Disappointing that we missed out on Pigott and Wyke. If we’re going to compete this season we need a goal scorer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Moore has already stated the squad is not good enough. So would expect at least another centre back, keeper and 2 strikers. We will no doubt be utilising the loan market.

When did he say the squad is not good enough ?

Paul Mullin must have a lot of interest. You don't score that many and not have. I have no idea how he plays but was his last season an anomaly? He'd never scored more than 9 league goals in conference or league 2 level beforr he scored his 32 last year. In fact his last seasons tally was almost as much as his whole career tally before that. I'd have him in as part of a striking team but wonder if he'd just be like Rhodes where we expect him to score goals but is just ineffective. We need 2-3 strikers with different attributes. 

• Like 2

Astonishing really that we still haven't got at least one ST on the books or a a GK who can catch. 

The cup game is probably a write off now, no great loss given league priorities, but only a couple of weeks to the kick off proper. Surely we need people in for Port Vale to give them some game time (and using Huddersfield as another warm up game)

14 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

As it stands this is what we've got

Wildsmith 

Dawson 

Iorfa          Dunkley     Hutchinson 

Brennan       Palmer 

J. Hunt            Luongo      Bannan           Brown

Dawodu          Adeniran   D-Bashiru         Galvin 

A. Hunt      Waldock 

Shodipo         Windass          Green 

Hagan           Paterson       Adedoyin 

Final 3rd is an unbalanced mess

Stoke's Gregory and Vokes still available on frees. I think an experienced pro like one of them could be useful if DM wants to play with one up top. Not quick but strong and able to hold the ball up as well as being experienced finishers.

Wages could be an issue though. Unless Stoke could be persuaded to subsidise a loan. They are desperate to get them both off their books permanently.

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Astonishing really that we still haven't got at least one ST on the books or a a GK who can catch. 

The cup game is probably a write off now, no great loss given league priorities, but only a couple of weeks to the kick off proper. Surely we need people in for Port Vale to give them some game time (and using Huddersfield as another warm up game)

Crazy , really need a few busy days don’t we 

• Like 1