The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

I wonder if Adam Idah at Norwich would be a target.

He was Moore’s main target in January 2020 at Doncaster. He was due to sign then scored a hat trick in the FA cup and Norwich decided to keep him around.

Played 17 times last season and scored 3 in the Championship, mainly off the bench. But at 20 years of age and being an Irish international you’d have to think he’s ready to play week in and out on loan somewhere. Could certainly have Championship interest but just a name that came to mind.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He was Moore’s main target in January 2020 at Doncaster. He was due to sign then scored a hat trick in the FA cup and Norwich decided to keep him around.

Played 17 times last season and scored 3 in the Championship, mainly off the bench. But at 20 years of age and being an Irish international you’d have to think he’s ready to play week in and out on loan somewhere. Could certainly have Championship interest but just a name that came to mind.

Would be a great signing that!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He’s a goal machine on Football Manager.

Saw someone linked us with Ellis Simms in here too.

Idah - Simms are my go to strikers on Footy Manager. Can confirm they score goals. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s a goal machine on Football Manager.

Saw someone linked us with Ellis Simms in here too.

Idah - Simms are my go to strikers on Footy Manager. Can confirm they score goals. 

Simms again, would be an excellent addition for ourselves.

I would imagine Blackpool would be in with a shout of bringing him back if he was sent out on loan again.

Glad to know they’ve got the FM seal of approval, although I was adamant back in 2011 when we signed Sanchez Watt we had signed the next Messi based of FM! Wasn’t to be :laugh:

Bola would finish off the defensive signings nicely. 2 Rb's/Wb's and 2 Lb's/Wb's in Palmer,Dawodu,Brown and Galvin and 6 Cb's - Hutch,Iorfa,Dunkley, Bola,Brennan and Borner (suspect he'll now leave though) Iorfa and Bola can also fill in at Rb and Lb respectively if needed. 2 strikers, an attacking mid and another winger/number 10 and think we'll be good to go.

Whilst the potential 4 signings we will have made if we get Bola are young players with potential at the same time they are risky with so little first team football between them. Imo we need a new number one and a couple of strikers still, going to have to spend a bit more on wages to get those positions I feel. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

Att Chansiri just followed Bola and Dike.

Daryl Dike is an American striker with alot of potential.

At 21 years old, He scored 9 in 19 for Barnsley last season, while on loan.

He seems like everything we need, possibly too good for us in this situation. So wouldn't get excited until he's in the shirt.

• Haha 8

11 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Problem that we need to overcome is that we fans at SWFC believe we are Gods own gift. Not only do we need to take just a little responsibility for the pressure we exerted on Chansiri's arrival but we need to show a little more humility and be a little more forgiving towards players, management and back room staff.

To a small extent the reset button has been pressed. I'm still in, we have to ask ourselves the same question.

Sorry a bit off topic .....   

Mate, come on, this is a terrible post.

Fan blaming on here is horrific at times. We've been lied to, numerous times, our club is being decimated by Chansiri and we've been rinsed for the high ticket prices and poor match day experience. Aside from maybe Derby and bury it's hard to see which clubs fans have had it worse than us and you think we're at fault for all this mess.

As a fan, as someone who has whenever asked ploughed money in to this club, i will not take the blame. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Mate, come on, this is a terrible post.

Fan blaming on here is horrific at times. We've been lied to, numerous times, our club is being decimated by Chansiri and we've been rinsed for the high ticket prices and poor match day experience. Aside from maybe Derby and bury it's hard to see which clubs fans have had it worse than us and you think we're at fault for all this mess.

As a fan, as someone who has whenever asked ploughed money in to this club, i will not take the blame. 

Yeah I think he does it on purpose. Sick of the fan blaming and people telling us we should be grateful for dropping to League One for the third time in 20 years, being hit with points deductions, not getting refunds, embargo’s, losing our best young talent for a packet of Fruit Pastilles.

I’m SO grateful for all of the above 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah I think he does it on purpose. Sick of the fan blaming and people telling us we should be grateful for dropping to League One for the third time in 20 years, being hit with points deductions, not getting refunds, embargo’s, losing our best young talent for a packet of Fruit Pastilles.

I’m SO grateful for all of the above 

Who said you should be grateful? Can you link the thread or post so I can go laugh at that comment?