The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Will that still be the case if we raise £3 or £4 million from sales. Shows the EFL that we are actively managing our budget

That would be up to the EFL to decide.

So, definitely not in the current transfer window, I wouldn't expect.

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Out of all the players signed so far, how many players would you put in the ‘experienced’ category, just seems as if it’s mainly academy u23s at the moment. 

Need a new keeper in ASAP

And by experienced I mean someone that’s actually played quite a few first team games as opposed to someone that’s about 30 

3 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

What? So you’re just expecting us to be signing academy players then, that should do us well 

We would probably have to let the entire championship pass on those players before we can have a stab at them.

good players with decent experience will be in high demand at championship level. 

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Have you not been paying attention to what's going on at the club?

Yeah, but I’m not quite sure what point you’re making. Surely we must be able to sign some relatively experienced players either on free transfers on loan… i.e that guy from Huddersfield. 

Just saying its slightly alarming that there doesn’t seem to be many others of a similar level of experience coming through the door

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Yeah, but I’m not quite sure what point you’re making. Surely we must be able to sign some relatively experienced players either on free transfers on loan… i.e that guy from Huddersfield. 

Just saying its slightly alarming that there doesn’t seem to be many others of a similar level of experience coming through the door

The guy from Huddersfield is 22 and has played 28 games in his entire career.

That's the market we are in.  Just have to hope we can pick up a couple of Kieran Lees or at the very least Patrick Collins's along the way.

If we had been relegated in another time ( before covid19) it would have been tough signing players under the restrictions the club are currently under ? Yes those responsible caused the points deduction and we are where we are because if that reason. But because of covid19 it’s a whole new ball game atm , no income for clubs and the football league is operating in extreme conditions meaning clubs are scrapping for players that ain’t under contract do no fees involved? Couldn’t have come at a worse time for us and I believe mid table will be an achievement atm ! We desperately need a proven goal scorer and they don’t come cheap especially to a club that ain’t allowed or got any money to spend . Good luck Darren moore with that one hope you can persuade or unearth someone to come to our aid 

On 15/07/2021 at 16:44, owlinexile said:

It's mental.

You are all setting ridiculous expectations like the last couple of years never happened.

Not being relegated again would be an absolute win for Moore and SWFC.

Please don’t bother attending next season 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Please don’t bother attending next season 

Well, obviously.

Chansiri priced us half a dozen games a season types out years ago.  Think I've been to about three games since he took over.  Occasionally tried to get my dad interested when I'm down visiting but he's long moved on and would much rather just take the kids out for a potter round Cannon Hall or something these days 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Should get Wickham in, he’s got the experience we need.

• Haha 5

On 15/07/2021 at 18:14, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d snatch your hands of at survival.

Still think we’re doing the right thing with the profile of player we’re bringing to the club. Also encouraged that it seems to be Moore making these signings and no one else.

Never easy under Chansiri and  that 6 point deduction might be implemented at some point during the season. I think our squad is ok but very unbalanced. Decent signings so far. Just hope we have a team that is full of effort, not annoyed about payment and wants to play for SWFC.

At this stage, thats all I ask.

This is what I worry about. I’m going into this season without any expectations, all I really want is a positive season.

Problem is whether it’s a positive season or not depends on the atmosphere around the club, which the fans have a large part in shaping. After these signings I’m less worried about relegation, I think a top-half finish with a lot of youngsters showing promise for us would be good, but there’s plenty who’ll be screaming Moore out if we don’t go up automatically.

• Like 3

Problem that we need to overcome is that we fans at SWFC believe we are Gods own gift. Not only do we need to take just a little responsibility for the pressure we exerted on Chansiri's arrival but we need to show a little more humility and be a little more forgiving towards players, management and back room staff.

To a small extent the reset button has been pressed. I'm still in, we have to ask ourselves the same question.

Sorry a bit off topic .....   

• Like 2
  • Love 3