The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

15 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

That’s the spirit!

Out of curiosity, which realistic target would you sign that would make you more optimistic?

Ah the old deflection of 'if you can't do better then don't discuss it'. That's a tedious response, as for a start, i didn't get the club in this mess and secondly it's not my job to scout players and sign them. I'm just being realistic and so far, there's still far more concern about the dealings than i'd hoped for with only 2 weeks left until the new season kicks off.

14 hours ago, Ronio said:

I genuinely think we are making positive strides in the transfer market.  

I'm more pleased with our transfer activity and the way we are going about securing/attracting players than I was last season.  

We've let some senior players leave, on a free and replaced them with 3 young players, which i agree, is exciting, however if we'd made these signings last season we'd all be in agreement they were for the development squad/bench. i worry we're setting high expectations on such young players.

14 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Out of interest how much actual game time have you seen these players play to come to this conclusion?

if they don’t offer more than Kachunga, Marriott and Brown then we are truly up the creek without said paddle

Not many at all, mainly because collectively they haven't actually played that many though! so a fair bit of Shodipo as my mate is an oxford fan and when they had their superb run last season they were great to watch. Shodipo can go missing from games and seemed to be a bit wild at times too. But i think he's the best signing of the 3. Adeniran played for a team who were relegated, but only managed 20 odd games, it's hard to take a lot from that. Brown i think could be decent in a settled team, he certainly showed quality at youth level.

12 hours ago, A47Owl said:

They won't be indoctrinated in the old wednesday which seemed rotten through the team and had nothing to play for. The new lads have no preconceived ideas are should be playing for their futures either here or elsewhere. Only time will tell. They will be Moores players not some hand-me-down that's been passed through endless managers. 

Yeah that's just not something we can objectively measure though, so time will tell on that, but let's not pretend all is rosey at the club.

12 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

so shodipo scored 13 last season which by the way is more than Harris has managed in his career . 

adenrian. - looks already from what I’ve seen to be better than Joey 

brown - not seen the lad play but we didn’t have a left back last year so better than nobody ! 

understand all the above are young and not too established but they all come with some game time , and all with reasonable reviews from their clubs , 

Hopefully they turn out cracking signings ! 

Shodipo scored 13 in an oxford team full of goals and attacking flair, but he was also frustrating at times too. 

Not going to disagree on the comparison of adeniran to joey, i think my nan is better than joey

palmer is a solid left back and if dunkley and iorfa are fit, i can see the fight for left back being between palmer and brown as iorfa slots in at right back.

Either way, the point stands, people in this thread are talking about promotion and play offs, one even saying there's no way 6 teams are better than us. as it stands, we are screwed, a bare bones squad with 3 kids added. 

Not only that, we lost Tony Strudwick last season and seemingly haven't replaced him, so on a sports science and physical development level, we're much weaker too.

This is going to be a very tough season, unless Moore pulls some magic out the hat in the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Ah the old deflection of 'if you can't do better then don't discuss it'. That's a tedious response, as for a start, i didn't get the club in this mess and secondly it's not my job to scout players and sign them. I'm just being realistic and so far, there's still far more concern about the dealings than i'd hoped for with only 2 weeks left until the new season kicks off.

We've let some senior players leave, on a free and replaced them with 3 young players, which i agree, is exciting, however if we'd made these signings last season we'd all be in agreement they were for the development squad/bench. i worry we're setting high expectations on such young players.

Not many at all, mainly because collectively they haven't actually played that many though! so a fair bit of Shodipo as my mate is an oxford fan and when they had their superb run last season they were great to watch. Shodipo can go missing from games and seemed to be a bit wild at times too. But i think he's the best signing of the 3. Adeniran played for a team who were relegated, but only managed 20 odd games, it's hard to take a lot from that. Brown i think could be decent in a settled team, he certainly showed quality at youth level.

Yeah that's just not something we can objectively measure though, so time will tell on that, but let's not pretend all is rosey at the club.

Shodipo scored 13 in an oxford team full of goals and attacking flair, but he was also frustrating at times too. 

Not going to disagree on the comparison of adeniran to joey, i think my nan is better than joey

palmer is a solid left back and if dunkley and iorfa are fit, i can see the fight for left back being between palmer and brown as iorfa slots in at right back.

Either way, the point stands, people in this thread are talking about promotion and play offs, one even saying there's no way 6 teams are better than us. as it stands, we are screwed, a bare bones squad with 3 kids added. 

Not only that, we lost Tony Strudwick last season and seemingly haven't replaced him, so on a sports science and physical development level, we're much weaker too.

This is going to be a very tough season, unless Moore pulls some magic out the hat in the next 2 weeks.

You still haven't answered my question. Nice to see you also use the deflection technique. Also, "not my job to scout players" and yet you still pass on your concerns about signings who you haven't seen play - go figure!

1 minute ago, SwellOwl said:

You still haven't answered my question. Nice to see you also use the deflection technique. Also, "not my job to scout players" and yet you still pass on your concerns about signings who you haven't seen play - go figure!

It's a ridiculous question. Scraping the barrel stuff.  

For me to answer that, for a start i would need to know the wage budget and finances available. Do you have that information, so i can make some 'realistic' suggestions, or would you like me to pull some names out of a hat? Do you comment based on data and evidence or feeelllzz? Because right now, your argument seems to lack any intelligence. 

That does not detract from my point though. We've signed 3 kids, they're not enough for some people's optimism of walking the league. 

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

It's a ridiculous question. Scraping the barrel stuff.  

For me to answer that, for a start i would need to know the wage budget and finances available. Do you have that information, so i can make some 'realistic' suggestions, or would you like me to pull some names out of a hat? Do you comment based on data and evidence or feeelllzz? Because right now, your argument seems to lack any intelligence. 

That does not detract from my point though. We've signed 3 kids, they're not enough for some people's optimism of walking the league. 

The only lack of intelligence (feeelllzz seriously) is coming from someone who can't answer a simple question. Do you need all the data to answer a question asking for your opinion? This isn't a test, it is merely asking who would be a target we should be looking to sign. I assume you believe that you are intelligent, so it is very surprising having to explain this to you. Realistic - don't suggest Messi. You don't need to know the data, you can propose some suggestion of players, no?

3 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

The only lack of intelligence (feeelllzz seriously) is coming from someone who can't answer a simple question. Do you need all the data to answer a question asking for your opinion? This isn't a test, it is merely asking who would be a target we should be looking to sign. I assume you believe that you are intelligent, so it is very surprising having to explain this to you. Realistic - don't suggest Messi. You don't need to know the data, you can propose some suggestion of players, no?

That's some pretty weird logic right there!

Yes, i make suggestions and decisions based on data and evidence, which is also what i use to form opinions too, it's a pretty basic concept really. Seemingly, you're happy to pull names out of nowhere, based on absolutely nothing.

Again, i'll restate my point: we won't be winning anything or challenging for the play offs, because we've only signed 3 kids. By all means, give me your opinion on why that is wrong. I suggest if you are able to offer 'realistic' signings without any inside knowledge of the clubs finances, wage budget, preferred playing style, expected player departures, players physical readiness, then you should get on the blower to Chansiri. 

Whilst you're at, what do you think the lottery numbers will be this weekend? Go on, give me something realistic, you don't need any data, just don't suggest unrealistic numbers like 12. You don't need any data for that, you can propose some suggestions, no?

lol

4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

That's some pretty weird logic right there!

Yes, i make suggestions and decisions based on data and evidence, which is also what i use to form opinions too, it's a pretty basic concept really. Seemingly, you're happy to pull names out of nowhere, based on absolutely nothing.

Again, i'll restate my point: we won't be winning anything or challenging for the play offs, because we've only signed 3 kids. By all means, give me your opinion on why that is wrong. I suggest if you are able to offer 'realistic' signings without any inside knowledge of the clubs finances, wage budget, preferred playing style, expected player departures, players physical readiness, then you should get on the blower to Chansiri. 

Whilst you're at, what do you think the lottery numbers will be this weekend? Go on, give me something realistic, you don't need any data, just don't suggest unrealistic numbers like 12. You don't need any data for that, you can propose some suggestions, no?

lol

i'll restate my point: we won't be winning anything or challenging for the play offs, because we've only signed 3 kids.

Where is the data and evidence for this opinion? 😘

Guest mrbluesky

It matters not who comes in, the club is STILL rotten, Hillsborough just seems a very unpleasant place at the minute, all the negative media attention will not help as well

6 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Daryl dike American centre forward played 19 and scored 9 for Barnsley last season in the championship he’ll be a decent signing

att approves

Surprised that the new south Yorkshire powerhouse the Dingles didn't buy him, I think the asking price was only £17m

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

i'll restate my point: we won't be winning anything or challenging for the play offs, because we've only signed 3 kids.

Where is the data and evidence for this opinion? 😘

Ah now you're trying to reduce the argument to such pedantic point scoring, rather than actually disputing any points.

That makes you look really stupid mate. I'm here for discussion and debate, not what you seem to offer. 

Just now, owlinexile said:

Why would he take a step back to go on loan at a lower level?

Yea true but shodipo had interest from 4 championship clubs . It might be the Moore  pulling strings again or there might be nothing in it

16 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Ah now you're trying to reduce the argument to such pedantic point scoring, rather than actually disputing any points.

That makes you look really stupid mate. I'm here for discussion and debate, not what you seem to offer. 

Ha not stupid at all, it was a sad tale of point scoring from both sides.

Look mate, I am always up for debate and discussion. It is why we are here after all - whether we agree or not. 

• Love 1