The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our best 11

Dawson - not played for 6 months because of injury

Left back -  Galvin no league experience, Brown 313 minutes in the last 12 months

Centre back - Borner does not want to be here or Hutch one knock from injury, though stayed fit for all of last season from January.

Centre back - Iorfa not played for 9 months or Dunkley yet to be fit since we signed him

Right back - Palmer should be a solid performer

Left wing - Green 300 minutes of competitive football in 12 months no goals, 1 assist

central midfield -  Bannan no goals in open play in 59 matches, 5 assists and 2 penalties last season.

central midfielder - Luongo not played any football since 2nd Feb, 21 games ago, or Paterson 8 goals and 4 assists last season.

Right midfield - shodipo scored 10 goals and 2 assist playing league one last season.

Forward - Windass 9 goals and 6 assists last season

Forward - Hagan no league experience.

Either add the new lad from Everton with 5 in midfield. We lack goals, we lack consistently, we have a team that has lost 43 of our last 69 league games.

I think its unrealistic to think we are suddenly going to turn into a top 6 league one team without a major squad overall and controlled investment. Which we cannot afford.

You hope for the best, but we are only one DC mistake from yet more issues. We need 2 striker before the season starts, we probably need a experienced goal keeper too. We have no cover for the wings and 4 centre back of which 1 is injured, 2 have a history of injury issues and the other has signed for another team.

that’s why we’re are 3 signings or so off it Squad wise , think our best 11 is there or there abouts but certainly would want more adding , maybe my glass too half full lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

that’s why we’re are 3 signings or so off it Squad wise , think our best 11 is there or there abouts but certainly would want more adding , maybe my glass too half full lol

I hope your right but the squad is the weakest i have seen it since we were last in league one and a side with Maclean, Peacock, Reda, Liera, Madine in would rip this current side apart

• Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

I hope your right but the squad is the weakest i have seen it since we were last in league one and a side with Maclean, Peacock, Reda, Liera, Madine in would rip this current side apart

That's why it's going to be so much harder this time.

Goalscorers like Maclean or Madine don't end up out of contract all that often.  You have to pay for them, even if it's only a couple of hundred grand.

Even if they are free, you have to beat off competition for them, which we are hardly in a position to do.

I don’t know how anyone can predict what we’ll be like next season. They can’t! 

I never thought Hull would dominate last season, after that poor run the year before, but they did 🤷‍♂️

I have no idea if it’s a season of struggles, or we’ll give it a go...all guess work atm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Anyone know what's going on with that Solihull player Hudlin?  

Wouldn't mind us taking a gamble on him.  We need someone to lead the line, he would be ideal.  

Last I heard he was going to Cardiff but I agree he would have been an interesting signing. 

• Thanks 1

we've signed 3 kids who are no way better than what was released and people think we'll be a force in league one.

we also need to take in to account that we are only one "couldn't get the money in the country" away from a 6 point deduction. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

we've signed 3 kids who are no way better than what was released and people think we'll be a force in league one.

we also need to take in to account that we are only one "couldn't get the money in the country" away from a 6 point deduction. 

That’s the spirit!

Out of curiosity, which realistic target would you sign that would make you more optimistic?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the situation looks far brighter than it did before the players arrived back for pre-season.

I understand the general pessimism from some and I agree to a certain extent that it’s going to be a difficult season. 

I think a lot depends on how many senior players we keep beyond August and how much up for the fight they are?

As things stand the vast majority of this squad are playing for their footballing futures and as a result this coming season could literally go either way?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I genuinely think we are making positive strides in the transfer market.  

I'm more pleased with our transfer activity and the way we are going about securing/attracting players than I was last season.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dawson - not played for 6 months because of injury

Left back -  Galvin no league experience, Brown 313 minutes in the last 12 months

Centre back - Borner does not want to be here or Hutch one knock from injury, though stayed fit for all of last season from January.

Centre back - Iorfa not played for 9 months or Dunkley yet to be fit since we signed him

Right back - Palmer should be a solid performer

Left wing - Green 300 minutes of competitive football in 12 months no goals, 1 assist

central midfield -  Bannan no goals in open play in 59 matches, 5 assists and 2 penalties last season.

central midfielder - Luongo not played any football since 2nd Feb, 21 games ago, or Paterson 8 goals and 4 assists last season.

Right midfield - shodipo scored 10 goals and 2 assist playing league one last season.

Forward - Windass 9 goals and 6 assists last season

Forward - Hagan no league experience.

I like this way of looking at it. 

Not because its largely negative, but because it's 100% honest.

The blind optimism that makes you spend £50 to a £100 on a matchday has completely gone for me.

Chansiri and the players need to earn my money and they've got alot to do, since the relegation, unpaid players, shaw and osaze disaster.

There is positives, I believe we have a good man in charge and I like the Aderinan signing. 

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

What that are worse or better ? I think we’re on paper in mix with top 6/7 , take a look at bookies odds and they generally aren’t too far Away lol

We are second in the bookies at 3-1 behind Sunderland @ 5-2, Next best Ipswich 4-1.