The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Well as each week goes by players on the move getting snapped up so we getting left behind for a change? Now don’t get me wrong none of the players who have moved already may not have been on our wish list but the constant feeling of stuck in limbo just doesn’t feel like going away! Accounts still not published players allegedly still not getting paid doesn’t fill you with confidence does it? Let’s hope fingers x it’s all in hand but I for one won’t hold my breath . 

20 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Well as each week goes by players on the move getting snapped up so we getting left behind for a change? Now don’t get me wrong none of the players who have moved already may not have been on our wish list but the constant feeling of stuck in limbo just doesn’t feel like going away! Accounts still not published players allegedly still not getting paid doesn’t fill you with confidence does it? Let’s hope fingers x it’s all in hand but I for one won’t hold my breath . 

I think transfer threads might be totally pointless this season. If we can't pay wages for our existing players we aren't going to be bringing anyone else in. We are more likely to sell anyone with any value to raise money or just to get them off the wage bill.

• Like 1

Aren't we still in an embargo anyway? Honestly think we will struggle to scrape a squad together. I reckon we will go into the season similar to Wigan last year.  About 10-15 first teamers and rest are kids.

7 hours ago, prowl said:

I think transfer threads might be totally pointless this season. If we can't pay wages for our existing players we aren't going to be bringing anyone else in. We are more likely to sell anyone with any value to raise money or just to get them off the wage bill.

You thought the high earners such as Rhodes, Westwood, Lees, who have got a good chunk of money over the years might do something to leave early and give the club a chance instead of hanging around for a few extra pay days 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You thought the high earners such as Rhodes, Westwood, Lees, who have got a good chunk of money over the years might do something to leave early and give the club a chance instead of hanging around for a few extra pay days 

As far as they are concerned it would be like donating money to a billionaire.

We look on it as helping the club out, they look at it as helping a very rich man out.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1

Both Millwall and AFC Wimbledon are interested in ex Chelsea midfielder Luke McCormick who spent last season on loan at Bristol Rovers. Interesting player.

13 hours ago, Royal_D said:

While the outstanding wages issue will need settling and assurances given going forwards, I still have faith we’ll bring some in 

we simply have to 

Depends who though. Fairly easy to bring in bargain bin shirt fillers, but that's not what is needed. 

We've so much to do, players report back on Friday and we're still 6-10 players short.

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Pre season starts Friday according to bazza , not looking like it will be with any new players like

I’ve said for a while that I don’t think there will be any incomings, we are copying Pompey and will end up with the youth team as the first team squad and will be relegated to league 2 soon enough 

I did set up a list of free agents earlier in the thread, but that's looking like high hopes now.

Be signing me at this rate, be glad to as long as I can carry my inhaler round with me and have a dedicated area where I can have a sit down after 5 mins running.

3 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I did set up a list of free agents earlier in the thread, but that's looking like high hopes now.

Be signing me at this rate, be glad to as long as I can carry my inhaler round with me and have a dedicated area where I can have a sit down after 5 mins running.

It won’t be a dedicated area just for you. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Fair enough.

How much are you after?

• Haha 1

Absolutely pathetic that pre season is so close to starting and we have no new signings in place. Club is a joke from top to bottom all thanks to Chansiri. Yet again a season will start with us on the back foot. Sick of it. 

• Like 4

What a great time to be a wednesdayite. Fans suing the club, captains got no idea what’s going on, under an umbongo, only got a five side team, and it looks like our glorious leader has been abducted by aliens. 

Nothing can change until the owner either jumps on a plane and comes to S6 or actually picks up his phone,  total complete radio silence 

Don’t know where it goes from here, thinks he’s completely lost interest 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nothing can change until the owner either jumps on a plane and comes to S6 or actually picks up his phone,  total complete radio silence 

Don’t know where it goes from here, thinks he’s completely lost interest 

Just a personal view I don't think he will ever set foot in Sheffield again

• Like 1

On 17/06/2021 at 17:00, Kagoshimaowl said:

911565250_Screenshot2021-06-21at10_01_16.thumb.png.6c961307898f0616c63ac7a119f6794a.png

This response is peak Owlstalk.

Someone says Hunt is too small. @Doctor Duran says he's the same height as Foden, i.e. height isn't a pre-requisite for success. "Not comparing him to Foden's ability"

Response is having none of it. "Now I've heard it all"!

Alex Hunt and Phil Foden are 1 cm different in height.

• Like 1