The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

39 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Do us a favour and let him know that I think naming a stand after him is one of the most tinpot things I've ever heard... and I spent the first 15 years of my life watching Histon? :ph34r:

...not Cambridge City ? tsk ... maybe they'll need to rename it 'The Mullins Over' Stand 

20 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So much needs doing and as expected so little urgency from the club. 

Just cause "we" arn't hearing much..  I would expect the wheels are in motion in regards of recruitment.

I don't imagine for one minute DM is sat on his hands not planning / talking to players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Just cause "we" arn't hearing much..  I would expect the wheels are in motion in regards of recruitment.

I don't imagine for one minute DM is sat on his hands not planning / talking to players.

We all want information now and immediately..  20 years ago we was checking ceefax and sports columns in the Sun for information.

Players contracts don't finish until end of June either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

He probably started with list A of players he wanted. By now he is going through list M of players he could possibly keep us up with if everything went well.

When we get to the close of the window he will be on list Z6, players who have one leg but are quite handy on crutches if their arthritis isn't too bad on match day.

• Like 1

Wish I shared your faith in the club (and the people that will actually get the transfers over the line) but we’ve seen it so many times before, and that’s without the public issues we currently have.

We all want information now and immediately..  20 years ago we was checking ceefax and sports columns in the Sun for information.

Players contracts don't finish until end of June either.

Isn’t stopping other L1 clubs announcing the signing of players (albeit pre-contracts).

25 minutes ago, prowl said:

He probably started with list A of players he wanted. By now he is going through list M of players he could possibly keep us up with if everything went well.

When we get to the close of the window he will be on list Z6, players who have one leg but are quite handy on crutches if their arthritis isn't too bad on match day.

Same as last season then.

• Haha 1

Let me take a look at a crystal ball:

We will wrap up pre-season with a thread bare squad and will bring in few players that couldn't get a club when season already started. We will understandably have a slow start and Moore will get sacked with owner saying how despite all the support he gave him, Moore let him down badly. Will put his hand up admitting he made poor appointment and that next time he will get it right.

P.S. Read again in Summer 2022.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, malek said:

Let me take a look at a crystal ball:

We will wrap up pre-season with a thread bare squad and will bring in few players that couldn't get a club when season already started. We will understandably have a slow start and Moore will get sacked with owner saying how despite all the support he gave him, Moore let him down badly. Will put his hand up admitting he made poor appointment and that next time he will get it right.

P.S. Read again in Summer 2022.

Which is a fair chance of being correct, lots of activity in the final 3 hours of the transfer window

• Like 1