The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Derby trying to get Tyler Roberts on loan from Leeds, he’s a talented player.

Can't see them letting him go out, he's in their matchday squad every week, and its a thin squad at best.

Not a rumour or owt, but on my FM21 campaign with Sunderland (promoted first time of asking BTW 😎), Jermain Defoe was available on a free transfer.

Seen Rangers haven't renewed his contract yet, waint be on megabucks. Would you? Bring him here not shag him, but happy for responses to both. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

According to a report in the Daily Mail, Sheffield Wednesday are interested in loaning Leeds United man Tyler Roberts.

The Wales international hasn’t been featuring much for Leeds United this season, playing just 237 Premier League minutes so far this term, and now it seems as though he may get the chance to ply his trade elsewhere.

Roberts is clearly a talented player, especially at Championship level, after all, he won promotion with Leeds last season, so he would be a welcomed addition at Wednesday.

Roberts would be a good signing.

I feel like we’d need a manager confirmed before any player chooses to sign for us over the likes of Preston and Derby.

I wouldn’t sign for a club without worrying if Mickey Mouse is about to become their manager.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Roberts would be a good signing.

I feel like we’d need a manager confirmed before any player chooses to sign for us over the likes of Preston and Derby.

I wouldn’t sign for a club without worrying if Mickey Mouse is about to become their manager.  

Superb planning from the club yet again. Sack your manager right before a very important transfer window.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Superb planning from the club yet again. Sack your manager right before a very important transfer window.

The cynic in me feels it might have been done on purpose so DC has a ready made excuse for not letting the moths out of his wallet.

New manager announced 30 minutes after window closes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Better than anybody we've got.

Drenthe was always a bit chunky but he looks a bit chunkier now. Had some great skills though, way above our level when fit. I wonder if he's still got it or if age is catching up with him.

He was a beacon of light in a sea of merde when he was here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Derby have a big advantage over us in the transfer market... Not proven his credentials as a manager yet but there will be a lot of players out there who would jump at the chance to work with Rooney. One of the reasons Derby did well the other season when Lampard was in charge as he was able to use his connections and bring in some very good loanees.

57 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

True, only thing worst would be to let Pulis spend what little funds we have on tallest players he can find... 

• Like 1