The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Stoke expect to sign flying Schalke winger Matondo this weekend. Potentially a very good signing, as he’s supposed to be one of the top young talents in Europe. They are also looking to bring in another striker, that despite already having 6 on their books

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Stoke expect to sign flying Schalke winger Matondo this weekend. Potentially a very good signing, as he’s supposed to be one of the top young talents in Europe. They are also looking to bring in another striker, that despite already having 6 on their books

Excellent signing for Stoke that

Everton defender Jarrad Branthwaite is wanted by a trio of Championship sides, according to the Daily Mail.

The Everton central defender is being looked at by Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday & Preston.

Everton central defender Branthwaite joined Everton on a two-and-a-half-year deal from Carlisle United last January, for a fee of around £750,000.

The defender made four Premier League appearances under Carlo Ancelotti towards the back end of last season, starting alongside Michael Keane in defence.

But the 18-year-old has made only one appearance for the Toffees this season – lasting only 24 minutes in the 3-0 Carabao Cup win over Salford City in September.

He’s now fit after returning from injury, and a loan move could be in the offing for him this month as he looks to get back up to speed.

According to the Daily Mail, Preston, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Branthwaite.

Celtic and Stoke trying to sign Charlton's versatile left sided player Alfie Doughty who is out of contract in the summer.

Preston loaned Brighton's midfielder Jayson Molumby who last season did great at Millwall.

Both players would have improved us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Everton defender Jarrad Branthwaite is wanted by a trio of Championship sides, according to the Daily Mail.

The Everton central defender is being looked at by Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday & Preston.

Everton central defender Branthwaite joined Everton on a two-and-a-half-year deal from Carlisle United last January, for a fee of around £750,000.

The defender made four Premier League appearances under Carlo Ancelotti towards the back end of last season, starting alongside Michael Keane in defence.

But the 18-year-old has made only one appearance for the Toffees this season – lasting only 24 minutes in the 3-0 Carabao Cup win over Salford City in September.

He’s now fit after returning from injury, and a loan move could be in the offing for him this month as he looks to get back up to speed.

According to the Daily Mail, Preston, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Branthwaite.

I’m glad someone is pulling these rumours back into the main thread. Wily is a bit of a slacker isn’t he / isn’t she?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m glad someone is pulling these rumours back into the main thread. Wily is a bit of a slacker isn’t he / isn’t she?

You can be a right bi tch sometimes....lol

Edited by prowl

Guest wilyfox
7 hours ago, theowlsman said:

image.gif.be5e63f0a821fef8ed5abafeb4229c39.gif

15 hours ago, Pieman said:

It would be nice to get occasional updates from the social media team e.g. short list now reduced from 5 to 3 following first round interviews.... Its not difficult.

The only time you hear anything from our social media team is when they want your money. I am surprised we have not had another reincarnation of the 1867 club or the 10 year season ticket yet.

8 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Seen us linked with Greg Cunningham, at Cardiff I think , experienced left back has played with Preston and Bristol city , 

I know the answer (it's rhetorical , stuffing based and ghosting round Hillsborough), but why do we constantly buy players from the same few clubs. Football is a big wide world, yet we keep taking multiple players from certain average clubs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, striker said:

I know the answer (it's rhetorical , stuffing based and ghosting round Hillsborough), but why do we constantly buy players from the same few clubs. Football is a big wide world, yet we keep taking multiple players from certain average clubs. 

And in his case, extremely average players from certain clubs

• Like 1

On 06/01/2021 at 09:04, gurujuan said:

I wonder if they will let us loan Fletcher?

59 minutes ago, striker said:

Theres very few places in the world people would rather play for SWFC than live there. South Wales is one of them.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, prowl said:

You can be a right bi tch sometimes....lol

By now, everyone should know everything I say is either

1)Tongue in cheek / banter or

2)Designed to wind someone up I don’t like.

Wily is not in category (2).

I come here for the banter, to have a laugh. I enjoy chatting to those who get banter, like taking the pish out of each other. Those with no sense of humour fall into category (2).

Also, being an idiot comes easy to me. I get up early and practice hard every day. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 6