The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

15 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

In my opinion our left and right backs are our best players this season. It’s not just my opinion, on the Barnsley forum they run a man of the match poll after every game, winner gets 6 points second4 points, third 2 points, (or something like that) then they add the points to the player of the season table, Styles is leading the player of the season Britain is second Woodrow third. 

Styles is going to be a top top player.

14 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

Pointless unless you’ve got a club built on solid foundations. He’s an head coach coaching players identified by a fantastically well run recruitment committee. made up of top people in their field. Your clubs a shambles ran by clowns with absolutely no idea what they’re doing. 

95e67b35ad67aa897fb2a362383eb56b.jpg.c448575d852a430fd96dcb01c27e0234.jpg

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Styles is going to be a top top player.

Everton and Newcastle are sniffing around apparently. He’s got 3 and half years left on his contract so we should get a good wedge for him. 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I see Jordan Archer a championship quality goal keeper has signed for Boro as a free agent.

With the weakness we seem to have in the position it amazes me how other teams seem to find good free agents when we don't. I bet he is not on that much either.

I don’t think you can warrant spending anything in a keeper when Westwood on the wages he is. Maybe once he’s off, but not before then. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Southampton have some excellent young players, and a few can go out on loan. Obafemi might be useful alongside a target man? Would love us to find a manager like Hasenhuttl

I read an article on training ground guru and Southampton don't like using the loan market for their players so doubt they'll Let them out 

19 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I read an article on training ground guru and Southampton don't like using the loan market for their players so doubt they'll Let them out 

Players loaned out from their first team so far this season - I think your training ground guru might have some turf in his mouth

30 June 2020   MF     Mohamed Elyounoussi  Celtic   End of season

30 August 2020 MF    Mario Lemina                 Fulham End of season

12 September 2020 GK Jack Bycroft                Weymouth   31 December 2020

29 September 2020 MF Thomas O'Connor      Gillingham   End of season

5 October 2020  DF Wesley Hoedt                     Lazio  End of season

16 October 2020 GK Angus Gunn                      Stoke City  End of season

16 October 2020 MF Jake Hesketh                   Crawley Town   End of season

16 October 2020 MF Josh Sims                        Doncaster Rovers  31 December 2020

• Haha 6

I don’t particularly rate Gnanduillet to be honest. To sign a new striker do we think we’d have to cut short Marriott’s loan to be able to redeploy the wages elsewhere?

Stephen O’Donnell could be a good solution for us at right back, though left back does seem more pressing. He basically signed a short-term deal at Motherwell after leaving Kilmarnock while he waits for a Championship club to come in for him.

22 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I don’t particularly rate Gnanduillet to be honest. To sign a new striker do we think we’d have to cut short Marriott’s loan to be able to redeploy the wages elsewhere?

Stephen O’Donnell could be a good solution for us at right back, though left back does seem more pressing. He basically signed a short-term deal at Motherwell after leaving Kilmarnock while he waits for a Championship club to come in for him.

Right Back isn't one of our priorities at present. Nice to have a better one but a CF has to be the number 1 priority, another decent forward would be great. After that if we can a LB would be a bonus. I'd be surpised if we can do more. I do like surprises though.

There aren't many positions where we couldn't do with better but it isn't going to happen, certainly not this window.

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

I see Jordan Archer a championship quality goal keeper has signed for Boro as a free agent.

With the weakness we seem to have in the position it amazes me how other teams seem to find good free agents when we don't. I bet he is not on that much either.

Archer is one of the worst keepers I have ever seen. No fans of his previous clubs seem to rate him at all.

19 minutes ago, prowl said:

Right Back isn't one of our priorities at present. Nice to have a better one but a CF has to be the number 1 priority, another decent forward would be great. After that if we can a LB would be a bonus. I'd be surpised if we can do more. I do like surprises though.

There aren't many positions where we couldn't do with better but it isn't going to happen, certainly not this window.

Plus, why would we sign a player who is kept out of the Scotland team by our current right back

• Like 3

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

I'm guessing because like myself, nobody has ever heard of him.

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

Players loaned out from their first team so far this season - I think your training ground guru might have some turf in his mouth

30 June 2020   MF     Mohamed Elyounoussi  Celtic   End of season

30 August 2020 MF    Mario Lemina                 Fulham End of season

12 September 2020 GK Jack Bycroft                Weymouth   31 December 2020

29 September 2020 MF Thomas O'Connor      Gillingham   End of season

5 October 2020  DF Wesley Hoedt                     Lazio  End of season

16 October 2020 GK Angus Gunn                      Stoke City  End of season

16 October 2020 MF Jake Hesketh                   Crawley Town   End of season

16 October 2020 MF Josh Sims                        Doncaster Rovers  31 December 2020

https://trainingground.guru/articles/matt-crocker-why-southampton-have-moved-away-from-loans-system