The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

5 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Windass to Middlesbrough is rumoured on the ever reliable Football League World

We need to do everything we can to keep hold of the lad. It might sound daft but money really isn’t a priority for us, we need as many decent senior players to pick from to give us half a chance of staying up.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Neither was joao , we made him look crap but look at him now 

But Joao signed as a top young talent watched by some very good clubs. 

This is a 25 years old who did little where ever he was and is an average player at best. 

Guess he is another player recomended to Canshiri by those vultures around him. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Luke Jephcott,only 20 YO, lots of clubs looking at him, be suprised if we were one though!

Same with Harry Pickering at Crewe hes got brilliant stats, again we wont be picking him up, Brentford or Barnsley will be way ahead of us

We’ve been linked with both these in recent weeks, as well as a few others,  Liam Kitching, Forest Green Rovers. Greg Kiltie, Kilmarnock. Carlton Morris, Norwich City, been on loan at MkDonalds. Said to be interested in the lad Ben Whiteman at Doncaster Rovers still. And a couple of loan signings in Conor Hourihane and Matty James. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

We’ve been linked with both these in recent weeks, as well as a few others,  Liam Kitching, Forest Green Rovers. Greg Kiltie, Kilmarnock. Carlton Morris, Norwich City, been on loan at MkDonalds. Said to be interested in the lad Ben Whiteman at Doncaster Rovers still. And a couple of loan signings in Conor Hourihane and Matty James. 

Wanna swap scouts?

And give us your manager?

Cheers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

Whiteman aside no one to get excited about, but Preston want Whiteman as well and they are not suposed to be only ones. 

Still amazed no club gambled on Matt O'Riley, and Callum Slattery must be available for very modest fee. Would be happy with either of those 3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, malek said:

Whiteman aside no one to get excited about, but Preston want Whiteman as well and they are not suposed to be only ones. 

Still amazed no club gambled on Matt O'Riley, and Callum Slattery must be available for very modest fee. Would be happy with either of those 3.

And I’d rather us sign Jephcott, Pickering, and Kitchen. Before Whiteman. Would rather Mowatt extended his contract, or get  Hourihane or James on loan before him too. 

37 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

I'd take Hourihane in a heartbeat. Proper midfielder at this level.

13 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

And I’d rather us sign Jephcott, Pickering, and Kitchen. Before Whiteman. Would rather Mowatt extended his contract, or get  Hourihane or James on loan before him too. 

Why is that? Don't think Hourihane is a realistic signing, others are interesting prospects but for last few years Whiteman is one of the best players in League One, looks likely of making effort less step up. Need to see more of Jephcott, though. Is it James from Rangers? Very, very average in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Why is that? Don't think Hourihane is a realistic signing, others are interesting prospects but for last few years Whiteman is one of the best players in League One, looks likely of making effort less step up. Need to see more of Jephcott, though. Is it James from Rangers? Very, very average in my opinion. 

Callum Styles is twice the player Whiteman is, and he’s being wasted at left wing back, so I’d rather bring in Pickering for left wing back and put Styles in midfield where he belongs. We’re desperate for strikers so given the choice of Jephcott or Whiteman it’d be the former. The James is Matty James from Leicester City, he’s been on loan with us since October, but went back yesterday, he’s quite simply the best player I’ve seen in a Barnsley shirt in the last 15 years, His injury problems and lack of fitness are the only reason we’ve had him. Hourihane I’m with you it seems pie in the sky to me, but I’d also rather have Mowatt over Whiteman so hope he signs a new deal, don’t get me wrong I’ve kept an eye on Whiteman and he’s some player, but I’d rather we signed the others I mentioned first. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DlNGLE said:

Callum Styles is twice the player Whiteman is, and he’s being wasted at left wing back, so I’d rather bring in Pickering for left wing back and put Styles in midfield where he belongs. We’re desperate for strikers so given the choice of Jephcott or Whiteman it’d be the former. The James is Matty James from Leicester City, he’s been on loan with us since October, but went back yesterday, he’s quite simply the best player I’ve seen in a Barnsley shirt in the last 15 years, His injury problems and lack of fitness are the only reason we’ve had him. Hourihane I’m with you it seems pie in the sky to me, but I’d also rather have Mowatt over Whiteman so hope he signs a new deal, don’t get me wrong I’ve kept an eye on Whiteman and he’s some player, but I’d rather we signed the others I mentioned first. 

I really think you have great eye for talent, although I need to see more from fella from Plymouth before I form an opinion. 

Mowatt is a proven Championship class, although wouldn't call him most consistant player. Styles is a very likable player, real ball of energy and as you said sadly played out of position. 

And where to start about Matty James... I was desperate for us to get him from Utd reserves, then after his first long injury, now I'm not sure he can be trusted to plan around and I believe he would command high wages. 

Pickering is a very likable and skilful left back, but not sure if he would fit in our side that doesn't play possession based football, and I don’t think he ever played wing back role. 

BTW. What is your opinion on right back you signed from MK Dons, looked great for them? 

1 minute ago, malek said:

I really think you have great eye for talent, although I need to see more from fella from Plymouth before I form an opinion. 

Mowatt is a proven Championship class, although wouldn't call him most consistant player. Styles is a very likable player, real ball of energy and as you said sadly played out of position. 

And where to start about Matty James... I was desperate for us to get him from Utd reserves, then after his first long injury, now I'm not sure he can be trusted to plan around and I believe he would command high wages. 

Pickering is a very likable and skilful left back, but not sure if he would fit in our side that doesn't play possession based football, and I don’t think he ever played wing back role. 

BTW. What is your opinion on right back you signed from MK Dons, looked great for them? 

In my opinion our left and right backs are our best players this season. It’s not just my opinion, on the Barnsley forum they run a man of the match poll after every game, winner gets 6 points second4 points, third 2 points, (or something like that) then they add the points to the player of the season table, Styles is leading the player of the season Britain is second Woodrow third. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

We need to do everything we can to keep hold of the lad. It might sound daft but money really isn’t a priority for us, we need as many decent senior players to pick from to give us half a chance of staying up.

I get your point, but when we clearly can’t afford to pay the players on time, money is a huge priority right now. It’s possible we need the cash from a player sale to keep the business afloat 

7 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

Pointless unless you’ve got a club built on solid foundations. He’s an head coach coaching players identified by a fantastically well run recruitment committee. made up of top people in their field. Your clubs a shambles ran by clowns with absolutely no idea what they’re doing. 

Well yes, you have a point

I see Jordan Archer a championship quality goal keeper has signed for Boro as a free agent.

With the weakness we seem to have in the position it amazes me how other teams seem to find good free agents when we don't. I bet he is not on that much either.