The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have apparently approached several top flight clubs in our attempts to bring in a centre forward. Hope these approaches have been targeted, and not just a case of anyone we can get, irrespective of whether or not they fit the profile. What is the profile? Unless it’s a major talent (unlikely) who can lead the line, and singlehandedly shoot us up the table, then it has to be someone who can bring some of our current options into play. Although I’m pretty scathing about our current attacking options, with the right foil, several could be capable of getting goals. Could we then consider someone like Davis at Villa? His scoring record isn’t good, but he does seem to have the attributes to bring out the best in, maybe Marriott or Windass. For me, it’s about bringing in the type of player who can make our front line function as a unit

I’d definitely take him and he’ll definitely improve his scoring record in the championship. He’s the type we need. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Ben Davies and Ben Pearson are on the way out, arguably two of their best players 

Davies and Johnson got linked with free transfer to Rangers. 

Don't know if Pearson got linked with anyone, but seems to be struggling with an injury. 

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have apparently approached several top flight clubs in our attempts to bring in a centre forward. Hope these approaches have been targeted, and not just a case of anyone we can get, irrespective of whether or not they fit the profile. What is the profile? Unless it’s a major talent (unlikely) who can lead the line, and singlehandedly shoot us up the table, then it has to be someone who can bring some of our current options into play. Although I’m pretty scathing about our current attacking options, with the right foil, several could be capable of getting goals. Could we then consider someone like Davis at Villa? His scoring record isn’t good, but he does seem to have the attributes to bring out the best in, maybe Marriott or Windass. For me, it’s about bringing in the type of player who can make our front line function as a unit

Not doubting you but where have you got weve apparently approached several top flight clubs to bring in a centre forward 

I suspect we have like most teams would have but I’ve not heard anything or scene anything that said I get all my information from owlstalk

I’d be very suprised if we haven’t enquired about Connor Wickham and not saying we should or shouldn’t but he will be free at the end of the year and can certainly do the role in bringing others into play plus chips in with a few himself problem as always is fitness

but loan until end of season with a view to signing him for free? 

13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Not doubting you but where have you got weve apparently approached several top flight clubs to bring in a centre forward 

I suspect we have like most teams would have but I’ve not heard anything or scene anything that said I get all my information from owlstalk

I’d be very suprised if we haven’t enquired about Connor Wickham and not saying we should or shouldn’t but he will be free at the end of the year and can certainly do the role in bringing others into play plus chips in with a few himself problem as always is fitness

I’m pretty certain certain we will have enquired about Wickham, yes. Again, like you, I don’t really feel strongly either way about him coming in What we saw last season though, he wasn’t that great at bringing others into play, probably due to a lack of fitness. I’ve no idea what his fitness levels are like now, but I acknowledge that if we could get the Wickham that we had in his original loan spell, he would be exactly the type of number nine we require

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m pretty certain certain we will have enquired about Wickham, yes. Again, like you, I don’t really feel strongly either way about him coming in What we saw last season though, he wasn’t that great at bringing others into play, probably due to a lack of fitness. I’ve no idea what his fitness levels are like now, but I acknowledge that if we could get the Wickham that we had in his original loan spell, he would be exactly the type of number nine we require

It’s so frustrating talking about a fully fit Connor Wickham though,  yes when he’s fit I absolutely agree with you on been the type of number 9 we need 

But his injury record is an absolute joke,  how many minutes has he even played since he left here last time ?    Best case scenario we get him back fit , but I fear the season will be all but done by the time he’s back match fit 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

My Smoggie mate thinks they are back in for Reach, suggesting they are sending Patrick Roberts back to City to make room Might be something in that, given the signing of Green, and our interest in Murphy?

Wouldn't be unhappy with that. Depends if the fee funds a forward and/or LB. 

37 minutes ago, malek said:

Davies and Johnson got linked with free transfer to Rangers. 

Don't know if Pearson got linked with anyone, but seems to be struggling with an injury. 

Seen a few blades saying they should sign Pearson. Perfect match. Scummycunt joining a scummyclub

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

So few striking options out there. Wickham can’t stay fit. Murray is probably past it now. Davis would be ideal but Villa won’t let him out as Wesley isn’t ready yet. Apart from Gnanduillet whom has question marks over him, I’m stumped for suggestions. 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

It’s quoted on Crystal Palace player forum that Connor Wickham has a serious injury and it will be months not weeks before he’s fit enough to make the first team. We should definitely not mention him as a possible loan.

He wouldn’t pass a medical but having said that did Dunkley.

the more I read the more I realize we are definitely a club in crisis.

17 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So few striking options out there. Wickham can’t stay fit. Murray is probably past it now. Davis would be ideal but Villa won’t let him out as Wesley isn’t ready yet. Apart from Gnanduillet whom has question marks over him, I’m stumped for suggestions. 

Agreed, looking through all the Premier League fringe squads, there aren’t many players who fit the bill. There’s a couple of young prospects, no real experience though, who might have the physical attributes that could bring Marriott and Windass into play. One who I was reading about, was the young Swedish lad at Burnley, Joel Mumbongo. Played just the one cup game for Burnley, this lad is highly rated by Sean Dyche. Aged 22,  6ft 2 ins, quick and powerful, he could have similar attributes to Davis, although obviously less experienced, but maybe more likely to be available. Must stress, I’m not suggesting him as someone who will shoot us up the table, but more, someone to play alongside Windass or Marriott

35 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Felt like we missed the boat with Viktor Gyokeres, the Swedish striker who was on loan at Swansea from Brighton.

He's lacked game time, mainly because of the form of Lowe and Ayew, and has been sent on loan to Coventry for the remainder of the season.

If we're after a mobile, physical centre forward that can link play and run the line, then he's probably one of the best, more affordable options around.

It'll be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the campaign, because he's a player I think could have a very good career. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Felt like we missed the boat with Viktor Gyokeres, the Swedish striker who was on loan at Swansea from Brighton.

He's lacked game time, mainly because of the form of Lowe and Ayew, and has been sent on loan to Coventry for the remainder of the season.

If we're after a mobile, physical centre forward that can link play and run the line, then he's probably one of the best, more affordable options around.

It'll be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the campaign, because he's a player I think could have a very good career. 

Nailed on for a goal this week then 🤦

• Haha 1