The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Think signing Marriott in the first place was an act out of desperation we didn’t really have a plan b after chasing that lad who went to Millwal zahore?

im not against Murphy coming in and going for all round pace up top

or even if we’re looking at the lad back from turkey who played for Blackpool as a bit of muscle up there because he still has pace 

Murphy.              Green.                 Windass 

Gnaullaut 

Or 

murphy.                                           Green 

Gnaullaut. Windass

i know they’ve only been distantly linked but you’d have to think it would provide more creativity and goals 

It’s a squad game and we’re going to need it so it’s quite easily to see how reach and Harris fits in like Patterson and marriot 

which I’m guessing will all feature loads even in the starting 11 

then there’s still Rhodes, kachunga, brown 

certainly changes the depth of the squad and gives options 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Was talking to a pal of mine who lives in West London. He’s a QPR fan, and he thinks they will get sucked into the relegation battle, because they have no cutting edge. They do have Dykes, Bonne and Charlie Austin, all strikers who have, at some point, been championed by people on here, as players we should have been in for. In fact we would probably take any one of those now They may not be great at this level, but you would bank on them getting enough goals to keep QPR out of any relegation battle. What chance do we have of Rhodes, Windass, Paterson and Marriott, scoring the goals to keep us up

We have just won last two league games without the additions of Marriott and green

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Was talking to a pal of mine who lives in West London. He’s a QPR fan, and he thinks they will get sucked into the relegation battle, because they have no cutting edge. They do have Dykes, Bonne and Charlie Austin, all strikers who have, at some point, been championed by people on here, as players we should have been in for. In fact we would probably take any one of those now They may not be great at this level, but you would bank on them getting enough goals to keep QPR out of any relegation battle. What chance do we have of Rhodes, Windass, Paterson and Marriott, scoring the goals to keep us up

I've got a mate who is a QPR fan too, says exactly the same - they've got the decent strikers but no one to supply them so they're not doing the business

Just now, bladeshater said:

We have just won last two league games without the additions of Marriott and green

We have, and hats off to Thompson for achieving those against the odds victories. It doesn’t disguise the fact though, that our front line options are woeful, and if we have to depend on them, will probably take us down

Just now, gurujuan said:

We have, and hats off to Thompson for achieving those against the odds victories. It doesn’t disguise the fact though, that our front line options are woeful, and if we have to depend on them, will probably take us down

The same Thompson who you just given credit to may get the goods from the players he as at is disposal

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We were awful against Derby. How we managed to win that I don’t know. Go watch the highlights back. Derby absolutely battered us and should have been 3 up at half time.

Boro we had a decent first half. Second half it was back to the walls and on  another day Boro would have got at least a point. They were very wasteful.

Two valuable wins but I’m not going to pretend we’re alright on those performances. We were lucky. 

• Like 7

Just now, bladeshater said:

The same Thompson who you just given credit to may get the goods from the players he as at is disposal

I hope he does, and for what it’s worth, I’d give him the job until the end of the season. We still need to add quality to our front line though, as it will be difficult for any manager to keep us up, having to rely on the forwards we have

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope he does, and for what it’s worth, I’d give him the job until the end of the season. We still need to add quality to our front line though, as it will be difficult for any manager to keep us up, having to rely on the forwards we have

Thompson maybe happy with em who knows

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We were awful against Derby. How we managed to win that I don’t know. Go watch the highlights back. Derby absolutely battered us and should have been 3 up at half time.

Boro we had a decent first half. Second half it was back to the walls and on  another day Boro would have got at least a point. They were very wasteful.

Two valuable wins but I’m not going to pretend we’re alright on those performances. We were lucky. 

You’re right, we were lucky to get 6 points from those games. 

Remember how low on confidence the team was then though, those 6 points will have done them the world of good

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have scored the fewest goals in the league just 15 in 23 games, in 11 of the 23 games we have not even scored a goal - it kind of explains what the situation is, if it was not for our defense where we be all but relegated already.

DC continues to not sort the major issues but is anyone really that surprised.

• Like 1

Just now, malek said:

So impressed with job Preston did this Window (or some of it at least). Bringing in players like Whiteman and Molumby is an awesome bit of business. 

To be fair, there is merit in what we’re trying to do. Green and Hutchinson are two shrewd free agent signings, and if we can bring in Murphy and Pickering, I won’t complain Just want to see us linked with a decent number nine, or better still, signing one

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

You’re right, we were lucky to get 6 points from those games. 

Remember how low on confidence the team was then though, those 6 points will have done them the world of good

I really hope so.

Lose against Coventry and it will be panic stations though. Need to win it no excuses

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair, there is merit in what we’re trying to do. Green and Hutchinson are two shrewd free agent signings, and if we can bring in Murphy and Pickering, I won’t complain Just want to see us linked with a decent number nine, or better still, signing one

Green could prove as an astute signing and I'm happy that we are getting linked with likes of Murphy and Pickering. 

However, doesn’t it signals how bad we are doing by trying to sign player who was frosen out of first team for most of the season and deemed not good enough in the summer?! 

Worried that we can't find a better option. 

1 minute ago, malek said:

Green could prove as an astute signing and I'm happy that we are getting linked with likes of Murphy and Pickering. 

However, doesn’t it signals how bad we are doing by trying to sign player who was frosen out of first team for most of the season and deemed not good enough in the summer?! 

Worried that we can't find a better option. 

Hutchinson wad never going to be offered s new contract whilst monk was manager as he had no intention of selecting him for whatever reason.

But he is s decent squad player at this level and sort of player you need when scrapping for your lives.

Hopefully we pull a rabbit out of the hat re a center forward

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have scored the fewest goals in the league just 15 in 23 games, in 11 of the 23 games we have not even scored a goal - it kind of explains what the situation is, if it was not for our defense where we be all but relegated already.

DC continues to not sort the major issues but is anyone really that surprised.

Well how did that happen after monks amazing summer signings? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Think signing Marriott in the first place was an act out of desperation we didn’t really have a plan b after chasing that lad who went to Millwal zahore?

im not against Murphy coming in and going for all round pace up top

or even if we’re looking at the lad back from turkey who played for Blackpool as a bit of muscle up there because he still has pace 

Murphy.              Green.                 Windass 

Gnaullaut 

Or 

murphy.                                           Green 

Gnaullaut. Windass

i know they’ve only been distantly linked but you’d have to think it would provide more creativity and goals 

It’s a squad game and we’re going to need it so it’s quite easily to see how reach and Harris fits in like Patterson and marriot 

which I’m guessing will all feature loads even in the starting 11 

then there’s still Rhodes, kachunga, brown 

certainly changes the depth of the squad and gives options 

Suspect that we might end up playing quantity over quality up front just to get something, can see us playing 3 up front and rotating....I am quite optimistic about Green, thought he looked confident and with a good first touch considering how long he has been out

We have apparently approached several top flight clubs in our attempts to bring in a centre forward. Hope these approaches have been targeted, and not just a case of anyone we can get, irrespective of whether or not they fit the profile. What is the profile? Unless it’s a major talent (unlikely) who can lead the line, and singlehandedly shoot us up the table, then it has to be someone who can bring some of our current options into play. Although I’m pretty scathing about our current attacking options, with the right foil, several could be capable of getting goals. Could we then consider someone like Davis at Villa? His scoring record isn’t good, but he does seem to have the attributes to bring out the best in, maybe Marriott or Windass. For me, it’s about bringing in the type of player who can make our front line function as a unit

One of the important week of our clubs history coming up with managerial appointment along with player incomings! 

Table doesn’t lie along with all the stats behind this showing we are worst for expected goals, lowest shots, etc! 

Green will help us but we’re still way short! We were lucky against Derby and still not great against Boro!

Hopefully these wins don’t make DC think we have enough from an attacking perspective as it won’t matter who the manager is if so!!