The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

It is the sad state of affairs we find our selves in when the next manager link is double the pages of the transfer link.

Might have something to do with at the start of the window we needs a manager, two strikers, a left back and some cover in central midfield.

22 days into the window with 10 days left we have no manager, no strikers that have scored goals, no left back and no central midfield cover. 

• Like 1

I wonder if we’ll be in for Kenneth Zohore again? A decision will be made next week on whether or not to cancel his loan at Millwall, where he’s been struggling for game time. Not saying we should, but given that we jeopardised our whole season pursuing him in the summer, there’s a chance that we might still have an interest. What a bizarre scenario that was, weeks of endless negotiations for the six foot three target man, only to pull out at the last minute, and sign the diminutive Jack Marriott. 
Whether it’s Zohore, or somebody else, I hope we don’t see that level of confused thinking this time around

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder if we’ll be in for Kenneth Zohore again? A decision will be made next week on whether or not to cancel his loan at Millwall, where he’s been struggling for game time. Not saying we should, but given that we jeopardised our whole season pursuing him in the summer, there’s a chance that we might still have an interest. What a bizarre scenario that was, weeks of endless negotiations for the six foot three target man, only to pull out at the last minute, and sign the diminutive Jack Marriott. 
Whether it’s Zohore, or somebody else, I hope we don’t see that level of confused thinking this time around

Thought Millwall had announced this week that they had extended his loan until end of season?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55724704

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It is the sad state of affairs we find our selves in when the next manager link is double the pages of the transfer link.

Might have something to do with at the start of the window we needs a manager, two strikers, a left back and some cover in central midfield.

22 days into the window with 10 days left we have no manager, no strikers that have scored goals, no left back and no central midfield cover. 

Doesnt surprise me, we all know what we need (as you say) but also know there is little point putting the effort in to speculate as no chance of getting players in.

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You know that we're going to though mate. It's Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

My gut feeling is that it will be Gnanduillet 

How would you feel about that? Given that we only seem to be looking at out of contract players, you may well be right Me, I think he has the attributes that we’d want from a centre forward, but I’d have huge reservations about his ability to do it at this level Guess in our position, it’s just another gamble we need to take

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

How would you feel about that? Given that we only seem to be looking at out of contract players, you may well be right Me, I think he has the attributes that we’d want from a centre forward, but I’d have huge reservations about his ability to do it at this level Guess in our position, it’s just another gamble we need to take

I think he’s come on a lot since his days at chezzie. But now at his peak and a short term option.

Would add some pace and physical presence in the same way Sodje did. That can be either unplayable or completely cancelled out when more guile is needed but it’s not something we current have. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

My gut feeling is that it will be Gnanduillet 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s the obvious target, for me. Has attributes we don’t currently have. Wouldn’t dismiss him because it’s a step up. James Collins & Lyle Taylor stepped up at his age recently and made the grade. Can happen.

Can’t see much else out there. Wickham is slow and a fitness liability. Murray’s form has dived the last 18 months. Form likely to go suddenly at his age, and appears it finally has.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

He is not a target man though is he ? 

According to a recent report by Footnews.be, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County are interested in signing Standard Liege attacker Aleksandar Boljevic this month.

The 21-cap Montenegro international is out of favour at Standard.

Not sure if this is a new link or a rehash of old news

Just now, westy365owl said:

According to a recent report by Footnews.be, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County are interested in signing Standard Liege attacker Aleksandar Boljevic this month.

I believe there's a transfer fee involved so I would forget that one

10 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Derby haven't got a pot to ******** in until their takeover is done and we've got about 8 wingers already. Could do with a proper centre forward and a LB though.