The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

11 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If we're loaning players, we really have to do much better than in the Summer. Flint, Marriott and Brown really haven't contributed much at all during the first half of the season for whatever reason. 

Flint looked good until he got injured, expected Brown to be one of our best signings and players this season, been disappointing to say the least, don't get why we kept Marriott. Should've utilised the loan market and free market better, in our situation but to be fair, that's exactly why it's difficult for us to get what we need during the current situation and pandemic, etc

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Unless we're bringing in a player who has been playing regularly for their current team, what's the point.

By the time they get match fit and recover from their imminent and  inevitable hamstring injury, the season will be all but over.

That’s the problem, if someone is playing regularly, then they’re unlikely to be loaned out

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Flint looked good until he got injured, expected Brown to be one of our best signings and players this season, been disappointing to say the least, don't get why we kept Marriott. Should've utilised the loan market and free market better, in our situation but to be fair, that's exactly why it's difficult for us to get what we need during the current situation and pandemic, etc

I don't think we had a choice, it was a season long loan with Derby having the option of recalling him this month if they needed him. We didn't have the option of sending him back unfortunately.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It would have to be a player from an PL u23 side who has been playing. 

Wanted us to get someone like Dan N'Lundulu on loan from Saints but he’s appearing more in their first team/squad now so that one seems unlikely 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This one is confusing me, normally I’d say nah, especially given recent form, but given the situation we find ourselves in, will we bring in better Like to think we’ll bring in beast of a striker, maybe one of those of African origin from France or Belgium. Someone who’s quick, strong and powerful, and can lead the line on his own

I think you know the answer here...

5 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

No brainer really if only on a deal till end of season. We're in a scrap, he's up for a battle. Rather have him protecting the defence than Joey.

I agree but his injury problems have to be a concern. If he was fit he would be a brilliant signing, a player needed for a battle but I fear he would just be another player in the injury room. 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I agree but his injury problems have to be a concern. If he was fit he would be a brilliant signing, a player needed for a battle but I fear he would just be another player in the injury room. 

That myth where he’s been available more than he hasn’t over last 3/4 years 

hutch improves this squad 

We’ve missed him this season and for those reasons alone it’s a yes from me we can asses at the end of the season 

nothing wrong with 6 months and an option to extend 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

No brainer really if only on a deal till end of season. We're in a scrap, he's up for a battle. Rather have him protecting the defence than Joey.

To be fair to Joey he's looked one of our better players recently! Certainly not saying he's good enough but least with him you get a player without the injury issues.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

To be fair to Joey he's looked one of our better players recently! Certainly not saying he's good enough but least with him you get a player without the injury issues.

With Joey and Luongo in midfield we won’t have to play Hutchinson every game so less chance of him getting injured.

And if we do go three at the back he can slot back into his more natural position.

Given nearly all of our centre backs are injured it would be good to have someone who can play there too.

• Like 2