The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest Mcguigan
13 minutes ago, striker said:

Best get some players signed, resigned then in the next week or so then and prepare a squad in case of L1. Most players out of contract, so will be a huge task to assemble a competitive squad under a salary cap.

Oh eck, that's got me thinking, probably too deep but....would that really bother DC too much?

He'd probably have less losses to cover each year in Lg1 than he would in the Championship.

30 minutes ago, striker said:

Best get some players signed, resigned then in the next week or so then and prepare a squad in case of L1. Most players out of contract, so will be a huge task to assemble a competitive squad under a salary cap.

That would require some foresight and having a number of plans in play..... unfortunately we don't seem to have anyone who has either of these

The worry is that the comments about reaching the playoffs with this team are true and we will just go with the current lot, so no planning for next season other than to offer a few players who may have a transfer value a new contract

Relegation will cripple us for years unless covid kills off a number of league one clubs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/19/report-injury-ruined-crystal-palace-mans-summer-exit-now-faces-three-months-out/%3famp

I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t sign him 

but it looks like he’s going to get a move this window even if it’s just to put himself in the shop window for january

As things stand championship is probably his best option for a permanent contract 

I’d imagine there’s a few at the lower end looking at him as an option and I would be suprised ( again neither for or against ) him joining us to the end of the season 

the thing is as we all know the man is just plagued with injuries which is a shame because as a mobilish target man with pace around him when if (When / if ever ) I don’t think there’s much better for free

Dont even need to open the link to know who it is.

4 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Just get Wickham  back,simple...job done..

We need a target man and he loves us...Win win...

Better then anything we have...

UTO.....

Should be recovered from his latest injury soon :ph34r:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Young, talented ball playing midfield.

not for us, can't hoof it long to Patto..

free agent Matt O'Riley still could transform our midfield if we got him in 

Prefer a left back and decent striker rather than another midfielder.

15 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Glenn Murray training on his own at Watford... perfect target man for is for the remainder of the season

Maybe,  his showing at Watford hasn’t been very good.  So there’s a risk he’s not good enough anymore. Would be happily proved wrong if he did come to us tho 

Guest wilyfox
21 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Glenn Murray training on his own at Watford... perfect target man for is for the remainder of the season

his stats have bombed the last 18 months. Time caught up with him. 

36 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

This one is confusing me, normally I’d say nah, especially given recent form, but given the situation we find ourselves in, will we bring in better Like to think we’ll bring in beast of a striker, maybe one of those of African origin from France or Belgium. Someone who’s quick, strong and powerful, and can lead the line on his own

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Just get Wickham  back,simple...job done..

We need a target man and he loves us...Win win...

Better then anything we have...

UTO.....

To be fair we don't really have anything so it isn't asking much to be better than that.

I'd take him on sale or return until the end of the season if we don't have to pay much in wages. Win win really.

If we can bring in better then go for it.

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This one is confusing me, normally I’d say nah, especially given recent form, but given the situation we find ourselves in, will we bring in better Like to think we’ll bring in beast of a striker, maybe one of those of African origin from France or Belgium. Someone who’s quick, strong and powerful, and can lead the line on his own

Christ, first Bony now Murray. Not like you.