The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

What happened with the Armand gnadulait link? Has he signed for anyone? Seen a bit of him and although he hasn’t played at our level looks a right handful and the type that could make the jump? Surely worth a go for little outlay? Completely different to anything we got?

They just realised he has never played for Cardiff ??🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

What happened with the Armand gnadulait link? Has he signed for anyone? Seen a bit of him and although he hasn’t played at our level looks a right handful and the type that could make the jump? Surely worth a go for little outlay? Completely different to anything we got?

Bristol Rovers, I think

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Bristol Rovers, I think

Not signed for anyone yet just had a look? Not saying he’d be good enough but mate lives in Blackpool and I been couple of times always looked a handful raw but back then we’d got all our better strikers ? 

5 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Not signed for anyone yet just had a look? Not saying he’d be good enough but mate lives in Blackpool and I been couple of times always looked a handful raw but back then we’d got all our better strikers ? 

OK, just noticed they were running the rule over him, so not a done deal. He’s no Lucas Joao though😏

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Blackpool sign Ellis Simms from Everton, someone a few had been suggesting we should look at

Very surprised he's ended up in league 1 given the coaches on here were bigging him up at start of the window.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Wake me up when we’re actually linked with a centre-forward.

Agree, but not sure we will. We are being linked with mostly managers who prefer to play 4231 and already have Paterson, Rhodes and Marriot on the books as well as collecting attacking/wide midfielders.

I dont think Chansiri realises none of them able to play the lone striker role and not currently linked with managers who play two forwards, despite Chansiri saying this is what he wants. 

Edited by striker

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Blackpool sign Ellis Simms from Everton, someone a few had been suggesting we should look at

Very interested to see how he gets on

Given our Monks per season comments about getting youth into the squad and the desperate need for strikers then this kid would have been worth a gamble

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, but not sure we will. We are being linked with mostly managers who prefer to play 4231 and already have Paterson, Rhodes and Marriot on the books as well as collecting attacking/wide midfielders.

I dont think Chansiri realises none of them able to play the lone striker role and not currently linked with managers who play two forwards, despite Chansiri saying this is what he wants. 

For me, it’s not about what people want. It’s what the team needs. We need a target man to help us get up the pitch for other forwards to benefit from. Last year we had Fletcher, Nuhiu, and Wickham. We don’t have that outlet now.

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

For me, it’s not about what people want. It’s what the team needs. We need a target man to help us get up the pitch for other forwards to benefit from. Last year we had Fletcher, Nuhiu, and Wickham. We don’t have that outlet now.

Agree, the need for a target man and left back are obvious, yet seemingly ignored.

• Like 1