The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

56 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

If he signs a pre-contract with Celtic and stays with us for the reminder of the season can you imagine what his tackling will be like

He has to go in January or he will negatively effect the team in a relegation scrap I think

I don't know. If you know you have already signed a deal with Celtic you would be buzzing. May see what he can really do.

What will come first a manager, a signing of an actual player or the end of the transfer window?

You decide 

With DC running the show I am at that point now where I am starting to be past caring. If yet more of his special brand of managing our club leads to relegation - I am sure it will be the EFL's fault, the fans Customers fault, the players etc. When it is clear to anyone outside of the chairman office where the biggest issue at the club is.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the training ground is open again and the players and coaches that either had Co-Vid or are self isolating at back well and training. I did look on the clubs website but they never seem to have any information about the club, the team or transfers.

(Disclaimer: I know this is none transfer related but I did not want to start a new thread)

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does anyone know if the training ground is open again and the players and coaches that either had Co-Vid or are self isolating at back well and training. I did look on the clubs website but they never seem to have any information about the club, the team or transfers.

(Disclaimer: I know this is none transfer related but I did not want to start a new thread)

Steve Crann saying the training ground is still closed.

• Thanks 1

It’s a bit of a mess innit, we have more to do than most, with recruitment needed in all areas of the squad. We also don’t have a set pattern of play, that might allow us to sensibly recruit, even without a manager in place. Sure, the situation could have been a lot worse, had Pulis been allowed to bring in players. My main point is, it’s not like we are using this window to add a couple of players who might fine tune a successful side. Don’t be fooled by recent results, as welcome as they have been, the squad still needs major surgery, especially in attack

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Why did we never play Penney when he came back from Germany? A natural left footed left back that cost nothing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He started the first two games of the season, at Cardiff and Watford at home. 4 points sand no goals conceded, then he was binned.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Monk, Pulis and now Thompson have all overlooked him. Maybe he's just not good enough.

Based on what I've seen of him I'm not surprised he doesn't get picked.

Dunno, yesterday I rewatched Cardiff game on Ifolow. 

Cardiff clearly targeted our left flank, but couldn't get a sniff and switched to attack down our right side. 

Penney defender well and helped Van Aken a lot and constantly sprinted up and down the pitch for almost 80 minutes he was on. 

Thought it was a good solid performance without doing anything of the note wile on the ball. Wish it was a standard our other wing backs performed through out the season. 

If Thompson gets the job I'm confident we will se more of him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Maybe it's good planning if chansiri is hoping Thompson earns a shot at it

I hope he doesn’t give it to Thompson to be honest. Not the right decision long term imo. As for players we have needed players all season, deals should have been lined up to happen as soon as the window opened imo. 

Well our next couple games off so gives even more time for dc to decide 😳 like running the clock down ? The way Thompson said we need a couple sounds like we prob only have enough for just a couple of players ? Flint and probably Marriott gone back so already two bodies down . Never easy at our club is it 

If Thompson get the nod he will get the heave ho if we lose a couple, then it will be a panic to get someone in with time running out.

The delay in appointing someone as manager makes me think we are likely to go down. Same with the lack of signings. I can understand DC's wallet is under pressure, maybe he just can't find enough money. I understand if that's the case but it drastically increases the risk of relegation. I hope he is aware of what relegation is going to cost him.

As fans we always want signings, this window we really need them. It's obvious to us that the team is very weak up front, desperately so, I'm not sure DC can see it, infact I'm sure he can't. The recent uptick in form might have actually done us a lot of harm by masking the problem.