Jump to content

Official January Transfer Rumour Megafred 2021


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

You saying this does come on the back of so really good performances from Lees recently. 

I personally think him and Shaw would be good as a back two if we decided to stick with four at the back. Iorfa to come in when fit. 

 

Odubajo  Lees  Shaw  Galvin.

 

I like the look of that at the minute.

Shaw isn't really a defender, his future is in midfield where he can influence the game more. Ideally as a box to box player.

 

He'd be wasted as a CB, would you play him instead of Iorfa and Dunkley? I wouldn't.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, malek said:

 

Still makes no sense to offer 1 year deal to player of Shaw's age, quality and potential. Guess we will offer 2 or 3 years deals on much higher wages to likes of Bannan, Reach, Lees...

If money was no object, i would give him a longer contract, however times too uncertain. At the mo Bazza & Reach will be off in summer imo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we forgetting who shaw played against yesterday? I see him in middle of park? Yesterday he was up against poor opponents up top? The championship is a different animal ? Fair play to the kid he looked the best player on the park and that’s all you can do is put your marker down? The difference between him and other players such as hunt is he looks totally comfortable in our first 11? Keep going shaw and hope the club tie him up for at least a couple of years

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My strategy for this window would be, 1) appoint a manager who will have us playing football 2) don’t get sidetracked by anything other than what we need, unless of course, there is the chance to significantly upgrade What do we need? Number one priority, a proper number 9, preferably one who can not only hold the ball up, but can also run in behind. Next, it depends on whether we aim to play with two wingers, or whether it’s two strikers. A compromise here would be a fleet footed wide man who scores goals. Someone like that Leko chap we were interested in, someone who could play wide, or alongside a target man. A starting left back is also a must. Finally, I’d like another central midfielder added to the group, although maybe the emergence of Shaw, reduces that need. Being greedy, I’d still like another one anyway So 4 players, if they are for the positions we lack. Get it done

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

My strategy for this window would be, 1) appoint a manager who will have us playing football 2) don’t get sidetracked by anything other than what we need, unless of course, there is the chance to significantly upgrade What do we need? Number one priority, a proper number 9, preferably one who can not only hold the ball up, but can also run in behind. Next, it depends on whether we aim to play with two wingers, or whether it’s two strikers. A compromise here would be a fleet footed wide man who scores goals. Someone like that Leko chap we were interested in, someone who could play wide, or alongside a target man. A starting left back is also a must. Finally, I’d like another central midfielder added to the group, although maybe the emergence of Shaw, reduces that need. Being greedy, I’d still like another one anyway So 4 players, if they are for the positions we lack. Get it done

The problem with the number 9? It’s wot every club desires? Mobile big strong ( a 100%) fit Connor wickham type? Or a joao? Also agree have a plan of playing and sign players that fit in with that ?  Looked like monk was trying to keep it tight and pinch goals but never got the striker to make that plan work? Or other players for that either? ( proper wing backs) total scatter gun signings? New quick appointment needed take it from there? Clock ticking ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The problem with the number 9? It’s wot every club desires? Mobile big strong ( a 100%) fit Connor wickham type? Or a joao? Also agree have a plan of playing and sign players that fit in with that ?  Looked like monk was trying to keep it tight and pinch goals but never got the striker to make that plan work? Or other players for that either? ( proper wing backs) total scatter gun signings? New quick appointment needed take it from there? Clock ticking ?

It’s true, and the number 9 will be the toughest to find. That’s our fault though, for failing to recruit at least one in the summer, not least because we didn’t even have one in the U23s who we could call up 

A lot of it will depend on who the manager/coach is, and what, if any, money we have to spend. If it’s a loan, it will likely be one with fitness issues. It’s a position that requires experience and know how, and those type of loans normally involve a player who is a little ring rusty. The other 3 positions though, could easily be young loanees

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s true, and the number 9 will be the toughest to find. That’s our fault though, for failing to recruit at least one in the summer, not least because we didn’t even have one in the U23s who we could call up 

A lot of it will depend on who the manager/coach is, and what, if any, money we have to spend. If it’s a loan, it will likely be one with fitness issues. It’s a position that requires experience and know how, and those type of loans normally involve a player who is a little ring rusty. The other 3 positions though, could easily be young loanees

Think probably all our business will be loanees unless we can snap a lower league player up for a nominal fee

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Is Jack Clarke still looking for a championship loan? Looks sharp for Spurs 

?? He had 2 loans last season he looked so poor at qpr they hardly played him. No club took him on loan in summer, he will end up either in league 2 or non league after his spurs contract up with 3 million in his bank. Too many young lads think there it at 18 come 22 career over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, prowl said:

Shaw isn't really a defender, his future is in midfield where he can influence the game more. Ideally as a box to box player.

 

He'd be wasted as a CB, would you play him instead of Iorfa and Dunkley? I wouldn't.

He has played well these last two games and showed alot more promise there than he has in midfield I believe. Be interested to see where we think his future is when everyone is fit again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s always a bit of a trade off, think Shaw has looked good as he’s reasonably comfortable on the ball.  I like to see that from at least one of the centre backs, but equally he’s shown a few defensive frailties.  On balance I would say I prefer him as CM right now, but will be interesting to watch his development.  Just hope we can get him signed up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yorksowl said:

Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd dont play with big bustling C/Fs. The games changed where the like of Wickhams, Carolls of this world are being left behind. Instead he signs pub standard forwards and thinks they would have got us out of trouble and DC allows it.. Some of the best forwards we have ever had were only small, Bannister, Williams, Varadi etc. Bad management of the club from top to bottom. 

Wouldn’t say hooper ff joao were sub standard for this league? When I mentioned wickham is was about what we need atm ? Or something like him we have no one at all to hold the ball up although Paterson scored yesterday I thought he did very little else over the 90 mins? Not enough to help the team get up the pitch even against Exeter ? The game at the top and the teams you mentioned play with footballers that are comfortable on the ball and it’s all about pas move and pull the opposition about till there’s space to exploit. We struggle to put 2/3 passé together with the likes of pelepoop and co ? Whoever gets the job it’s one big rebuild that unfortunately has to be done all over again cus monk did neither one thing or another? Not to mention the circus behind the scenes

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Wouldn’t say hooper ff joao were sub standard for this league? When I mentioned wickham is was about what we need atm ? Or something like him we have no one at all to hold the ball up although Paterson scored yesterday I thought he did very little else over the 90 mins? Not enough to help the team get up the pitch even against Exeter ? The game at the top and the teams you mentioned play with footballers that are comfortable on the ball and it’s all about pas move and pull the opposition about till there’s space to exploit. We struggle to put 2/3 passé together with the likes of pelepoop and co ? Whoever gets the job it’s one big rebuild that unfortunately has to be done all over again cus monk did neither one thing or another? Not to mention the circus behind the scenes

 

10 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd dont play with big bustling C/Fs. The games changed where the like of Wickhams, Carolls of this world are being left behind. Instead he signs pub standard forwards and thinks they would have got us out of trouble and DC allows it.. Some of the best forwards we have ever had were only small, Bannister, Williams, Varadi etc. Bad management of the club from top to bottom. 

Sorry misread now you realise on about mr monk enough said about his rebuild 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd dont play with big bustling C/Fs. 

They have other players that can impose themselves on a game and win it.... we have.... erm

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Random Task said:

They have other players that can impose themselves on a game and win it.... we have.... erm

We have a Rb/ rw/CB playing up top who doing his best but no long term solution? The striker signed in the summer played a handful of game neither looked fit or wot we needed up top ? Desperate signing cus the zohore deal fell through although he not played much for millwall either so another good fit player we were after?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, prowl said:

Shaw isn't really a defender, his future is in midfield where he can influence the game more. Ideally as a box to box player.

 

He'd be wasted as a CB, would you play him instead of Iorfa and Dunkley? I wouldn't.

 

This. He's very close to being that physical presence in Midfield that we've missed for so long. As you say he's capable of getting up and down the park but he's also got enough in his locker to play in that holding destroyer role which would allow two more creative/dynamic mids like Bannan and Luongo to play ahead of him if we decided to go down that route. I see absolutely no reason why he can't continue to improve and have a massive role in the side going forward.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

 

This. He's very close to being that physical presence in Midfield that we've missed for so long. As you say he's capable of getting up and down the park but he's also got enough in his locker to play in that holding destroyer role which would allow two more creative/dynamic mids like Bannan and Luongo to play ahead of him if we decided to go down that route. I see absolutely no reason why he can't continue to improve and have a massive role in the side going forward.

Agreed, one thing I do hope with our fans is not to go on a rage if he doesn't appear on the team sheet week in week out, worst thing we can do is over cook him and burn him out before he's even started. It's got to be a gradual introduction, can't argue at the fact he's probably the most promising youngster we've brought through the academy in a very long time if not ever.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson Irvine might be going to Hibs after rejecting a move to Wednesday last summer.  
 

Can we add players preferring to play for Hibs over Wednesday in the things we hate about modern football

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Jackson Irvine might be going to Hibs after rejecting a move to Wednesday last summer.  
 

Can we add players preferring to play for Hibs over Wednesday in the things we hate about modern football


He just wants the easy life

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...