The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We may see some players come to the fore under a new manager. We’ve already seen what Thompson has been able to achieve by encouraging players to get on the ball Always said these players were capable of more once the shackles of previous regimes were lifted. That’s why I was so anti Pulis. He would have destroyed these youngsters who are starting to now come through

Pulis brought Shaw back into the first team 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Maybe alongside Loovens he used to be a solid championships defender. He's declined over the years and now he just isn't good enough,like I said its my opinion. I've watched 3 league one games this weekend on sky and I've seen CB's that can play and defend better than Lees in every one of those. I'm not slagging the guy off , he used to be brilliant in the play off seasons but now he just ain't good enough.

Fair enough, and that is your opinion which you are entitled to and I fully respect.  

I just think, we have 5 or we did have 5 centre backs out and Lees is still putting a shift in.  

If you go back to some of the games we played under Pulis, Lees has been a solid player for us at the back. 

Personally I wouldn't describe him as the weak link, take him out of the equation and we would be much worse for it imo.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

You saying this does come on the back of so really good performances from Lees recently. 

I personally think him and Shaw would be good as a back two if we decided to stick with four at the back. Iorfa to come in when fit. 

Odubajo  Lees  Shaw  Galvin.

I like the look of that at the minute.

If that's our back 4 against Coventry next Saturday I'd genuinely be worried about getting a hiding. 

• Like 4

Birmingham City and Bristol City have ‘checked out the fitness’ of Crystal Palace striker Connor Wickham.

The 27-year-old spent last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday. He scored twice in 13 Championship games and is now wanted by the Championship pairing of Birmingham and Bristol City, as both sides vie for goals in the second half of this season.

According to The Sun on Sunday (10.01.21, pg. 58), both are closely looking at the fitness situation of Wickham before making any move. A permanent move is said to be on the cards, with the striker having not featured in the Premier League this season.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

You saying this does come on the back of so really good performances from Lees recently. 

I personally think him and Shaw would be good as a back two if we decided to stick with four at the back. Iorfa to come in when fit. 

Odubajo  Lees  Shaw  Galvin.

I like the look of that at the minute.

Shaw is wasted at centre back. Dunkley has to play with Shaw in midfield. All three of them if it’s a back three I guess.

27 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Birmingham City and Bristol City have ‘checked out the fitness’ of Crystal Palace striker Connor Wickham.

The 27-year-old spent last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday. He scored twice in 13 Championship games and is now wanted by the Championship pairing of Birmingham and Bristol City, as both sides vie for goals in the second half of this season.

According to The Sun on Sunday (10.01.21, pg. 58), both are closely looking at the fitness situation of Wickham before making any move. A permanent move is said to be on the cards, with the striker having not featured in the Premier League this season.

bet that took long

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Shaw is wasted at centre back. Dunkley has to play with Shaw in midfield. All three of them if it’s a back three I guess.

Yeah Dunkley has done well. So maybe a three.

I just think Shaw's best position is centre back so we need to play him there as often as we can. 

Has he ever looked as good in midfield as he has at centre back so far? 

12 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Just my opinion but i wouldn't have Tom Lees anywhere near the starting 11 if all our CB's were fit and I certainly wouldn't have him alongside a 19 year old kid in a 2. Fair enough he's currently our only fit CB so he has to play but I think he's a liability, just my opinion of course, I've never known a defender give so many fouls away by coming through the back of the opposition in dangerous areas.

Obviously never saw me play!

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Yeah Dunkley has done well. So maybe a three.

I just think Shaw's best position is centre back so we need to play him there as often as we can. 

Has he ever looked as good in midfield as he has at centre back so far? 

Against Boro he was class in midfield. He played well against Derby at centre half and obviously was brilliant yesterday, but I think his future lies as a box to box midfielder as evidenced by that assist.

Seems a waste to have someone that good at getting forward playing at centre half (and his fondness for a hefty challenge is a bit less risky further up the pitch) but it’s useful that he can fill in there and do a good job when called upon 

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Against Boro he was class in midfield. He played well against Derby at centre half and obviously was brilliant yesterday, but I think his future lies as a box to box midfielder as evidenced by that assist.

Seems a waste to have someone that good at getting forward playing at centre half (and his fondness for a hefty challenge is a bit less risky further up the pitch) but it’s useful that he can fill in there and do a good job when called upon 

I think he looks a natural centre back and ultimately that's where he will make his career.

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Dunkley said he expected to be back for next league game or am I imagining that? 

He could be.however just like with Iorfa I think eventually we will realise that Shaw's best position is centre back. So I want him playing there now as much as we can.  

Whenever Sam Hutchinson played centre-back he looked good and he was less likely to get a red card in that position aswell, Shaw is the same. His game seems alot more controlled at centre back and the ability he has to come out with the ball is a asset that gets you noticed in that position like it did yesterday. 

I recon we could have a good midfielder on our hands in Shaw but a potential top centre back.

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

'Honestly, I'm fine now...'

Bandages.png.77618264d6d5313d3b048eda03e2abba.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5