The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

“bank rolls the club at present” 

Who do think’s been bank rolling it for the last five seasons?

If his recruitment was not so useless over the last 4 years signing over the hill 30 something's to 3 and 4 years deals maybe he would not be spending as much.

He will blame his advisers but it's him making every decision.

DC is bank rolling the team only because he's allowed the club to get to a point where we are losing £20m a year to be getting worse.

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If his recruitment was not so useless over the last 4 years signing over the hill 30 something's to 3 and 4 years deals maybe he would not be spending as much.

He will blame his advisers but it's him making every decision.

DC is bank rolling the team only because he's allowed the club to get to a point where we are losing £20m a year to be getting worse.

I think he’s similar to a lot of owners, totally reliant on his football people for advice. Sure he has the final decision, but it’s always going to based on the advice he’s been given

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

QPR sign Charlie Austin. Very good signing imo. Probably means the end of their interest in Rhodes as well. 

Austin is nowhere near the player he used to be, much like Rhodes. Unfit, injury prone and penalty merchant and not much more nowadays.

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Had a quick look on Exeter forum to see what they had to say about the game and one or two are suggesting getting Shaw on loan. Think he's already proving himself to be ready for our first team.

He is already a first team player for Wednesday!

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

He is already a first team player for Wednesday!

Hes probably played more than anyone would've expected though. Had Luongo not been injured he wouldn't have played as much and we may have possibly looked to loan him out but I can't see that happening now.

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Hes probably played more than anyone would've expected though. Had Luongo not been injured he wouldn't have played as much and we may have possibly looked to loan him out but I can't see that happening now.

I think he will partner Lees at centre back for the foreseeable.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

What paring we currently have at the moment would be better.

Just my opinion but i wouldn't have Tom Lees anywhere near the starting 11 if all our CB's were fit and I certainly wouldn't have him alongside a 19 year old kid in a 2. Fair enough he's currently our only fit CB so he has to play but I think he's a liability, just my opinion of course, I've never known a defender give so many fouls away by coming through the back of the opposition in dangerous areas.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Just my opinion but i wouldn't have Tom Lees anywhere near the starting 11 if all our CB's were fit and I certainly wouldn't have him alongside a 19 year old kid in a 2. Fair enough he's currently our only fit CB so he has to play but I think he's a liability, just my opinion of course, I've never known a defender give so many fouls away by coming through the back of the opposition in dangerous areas.

Take Lees out of the equation and we would be royally foooked.  

A solid Championship defender for Wednesday, his appearances for us prove that he is a key player for us.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

Take Lees out of the equation and we would be royally foooked.  

A solid Championship defender for Wednesday, his appearances for us prove that he is a key player for us.  

Maybe alongside Loovens he used to be a solid championships defender. He's declined over the years and now he just isn't good enough,like I said its my opinion. I've watched 3 league one games this weekend on sky and I've seen CB's that can play and defend better than Lees in every one of those. I'm not slagging the guy off , he used to be brilliant in the play off seasons but now he just ain't good enough.

We may see some players come to the fore under a new manager. We’ve already seen what Thompson has been able to achieve by encouraging players to get on the ball Always said these players were capable of more once the shackles of previous regimes were lifted. That’s why I was so anti Pulis. He would have destroyed these youngsters who are starting to now come through

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

Maybe alongside Loovens he used to be a solid championships defender. He's declined over the years and now he just isn't good enough,like I said its my opinion. I've watched 3 league one games this weekend on sky and I've seen CB's that can play and defend better than Lees in every one of those. I'm not slagging the guy off , he used to be brilliant in the play off seasons but now he just ain't good enough.

You saying this does come on the back of so really good performances from Lees recently. 

I personally think him and Shaw would be good as a back two if we decided to stick with four at the back. Iorfa to come in when fit. 

Odubajo  Lees  Shaw  Galvin.

I like the look of that at the minute.