The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

44 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Nixon suggesting QPR have switched attention to Glenn Murray instead of Rhodes as it’s too dear. Surely it can only be down to wage contributions, we can’t be asking for a fee?

He is on at least 3times what he is worth.

54 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Nixon suggesting QPR have switched attention to Glenn Murray instead of Rhodes as it’s too dear. Surely it can only be down to wage contributions, we can’t be asking for a fee?

This is DC in his head probably thinks he can get the £10m he paid for him.

Instead he will barely play for the next 6 months while costing us the best part of £1m to then leave for free in the summer. The chairman who then whinges that we are losing millions to stay in the championship. When we have players on £30-40,000 a week who never play.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

If we gave Rhodes away we’d have to pay his contract up which at 26 weeks x 35k = 910k

given Windass is injured pointless deal for us

Not quite, if QPR pay him 20k a week we'd have to pay the other 15k. However he may be due a completion of contract bonus if there is one in his contract.  The final instalment of his transfer fee to Boro would also become immediately payable instead of in the summer. Given our cash flow issues I doubt we can afford to let Rhodes go on a permanent basis in this window.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Glad to see we’re grabbing this window by the balls.

Hardly surprising given our next league game isn't till a week on Saturday plus the players aren't even back training at Middlewood till Monday. Saves on the wages.

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Hardly surprising given our next league game isn't till a week on Saturday plus the players aren't even back training at Middlewood till Monday. Saves on the wages.

Sure, that explains the last 3yrs :duntmatter:

It might be handy to get any new signings in as soon as possible so they can get to know the existing players and at least find out what their nicknames are. Imagine the confusion if a new player said 'Banno, to me , to me' , instead of 'Bazza, to me, to me'.

It could cost us points. lol

Personally I wonder if DC is hoping covid stops the league for this season and then he won't need to get any new players in and it will save him their wages.

11 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Then give it a few weeks and the excuse will be the new manager has not had time to work with the players.

DC is like the kid that does not do his home work, always has an excuse instead of owning up and admitting his own failure.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

How many signings have you lured in yet Wily?

There’s going to be a last minute rush isn’t there?

image.gif.dffadd665a4d33c693bf7ad734fc8786.gif

Guest Mcguigan
13 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Glad to see we’re grabbing this window by the balls.

I've told ya, until this is resolved this thread might as well be shelved. We'll be signing no one.

image.png.2dadcbc0c70436ad5be61bb8458ff36f.png

Guest wilyfox
24 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I've told ya, until this is resolved this thread might as well be shelved. We'll be signing no one.

image.png.2dadcbc0c70436ad5be61bb8458ff36f.png

you’re probably wrong 

Guest Mcguigan
10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

you’re probably wrong 

Hopefully you're right but can you see the EFL sanctioning any in comings when we've not submitted our P&S results for 16/17 - 17/18 - 18/19 and will have more than likely breached them again anyhow?

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

This is DC in his head probably thinks he can get the £10m he paid for him.(a)

Instead he will barely play for the next 6 months while costing us the best part of £1m to then leave for free in the summer. The chairman who then whinges that we are losing millions to stay in the championship(b). When we have players on £30-40,000 a week who never play.

What's the point of this?

(a)Why are you trying to make out that DC is stupid?....

(b)He doesn't whinge about it though does he?...he just keeps putting his hand in his pocket.

Genuine question...Why are you so relentlessly negative? Do you think it helps in any way shape or form?... If DC is forced out of the club by constant sniping what do you think would happen to the club?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3