The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Huddersfield just signed Rolando Aarons. 

Cracking signing for them, it’s a shame we weren’t able to get him here permanently.

To be honest I don't think many were that bothered he didn't sign last time and he hasn't really progressed massively since then. 

Already have Harris and I wouldn't say he was better than him.

38 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Huddersfield just signed Rolando Aarons. 

Cracking signing for them, it’s a shame we weren’t able to get him here permanently.

We had plenty of chances. As I remember it we could have signed him for nothing when his loan finished. Newcastle wanted shut of him.

I thought he was a good player when we had him. Definitely looked good when he played.

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Nixon suggesting QPR have switched attention to Glenn Murray instead of Rhodes as it’s too dear. Surely it can only be down to wage contributions, we can’t be asking for a fee?

Are you sure DC isn't asking a fee for him? I'm not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Nixon suggesting QPR have switched attention to Glenn Murray instead of Rhodes as it’s too dear. Surely it can only be down to wage contributions, we can’t be asking for a fee?

If we gave Rhodes away we’d have to pay his contract up which at 26 weeks x 35k = 910k

given Windass is injured pointless deal for us

I don’t think being manager-less impacts on our transfer activity. It’s abundantly clear that manager input in our transfers is minimal. They just need to match the “Philosophy” DC referred to.........as he’s never elaborated on that I think it’s evolved from being old and overpaid to younger and occasionally not paid. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

You  have no clue who we would’ve been in for or able to attract. 

I have good idea how Pulis wants to play and what type of players he would look at. I could be wrong, but was dreading a prospect of him building a side to his liking. 

5 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If we gave Rhodes away we’d have to pay his contract up which at 26 weeks x 35k = 910k

given Windass is injured pointless deal for us

No, I don't think that is right. We would save his wages or at least whatever part of them QPR were prepared to pay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malek said:

I have good idea how Pulis wants to play and what type of players he would look at. I could be wrong, but was dreading a prospect of him building a side to his liking. 

i guess they would be hard working and physical players. But then again so are the likes of Iorfa Dunkley and Luongo who have looked decent signings two of whom are absolutely massive. Need a bit of everything and we certainly need a focal point up front regardless of the manager