The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

Cos the owlsman seems to be dragging his arse already this year.

So, I’ll start..

Jordan Rhodes to QPR.

Source: Doom 

End of season loans :- Over at S2 I think the script is already written. I have watched with glee as the results have gone against them. I think Ollie McBurney has had quite a lot go against him, hitting the woodwork on numerous occasions being just one example. A loan to the end of the season would be ideal opportunity for him to rediscover his scoring touch, might even throw Berge into the mix to maintain his stock too who would be a midfield asset. 

Blunt strategy at the moment has to move to slash and cut sooner rather than later for preparation purposes as the Grim Reaper lurks,    

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

What is very apparent is in the most important transfer window possibly in the last decade for the club. We are 3 days in, no arrivals, no leavers, no manager. Presumably we have been working on deals, so where are they.

How long will DC leave it this window surely the next two weeks with the cup game, would be a great period for a new manager to get used to the players and them to him. And for new signings to bed in.

Yet I will be surprised if anything changes before the Coventry game. It just the way of DC badly planned.

• Like 2

Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County are interested in signing Standard Liege attacker Aleksandar Boljevic this month.

The 21-cap Montenegro international joined Standard in 2019.

But with just six first-team appearances in the Belgian top-flight this season, the 25-year-old could be on his way in January with the Owls and Derby keen.

• Like 1

I’ve stated previously  that I wasn’t going to do one Foxy because I don’t expect us to do much transfer business, it might be a quiet window with us just needing to extract a bit of excitement out of our next few managers, all with their hands tied, but feel free.

I hope we sign that Thai striker we were linked with though. 

Feels kinda dirty to be nosing in this thread when theowlsman didn't start it.

This thread reminds me of those fake taxi videos you stumble across on those saucy sites, the only difference being the taxi booked is a D taxi, which never turns up, leaving the audience (fans) with nothing to get hard over. 

• Like 2

Seems to be repeated story that WBA picking up Windass from us for £400k. Could see why we might sell in order to buy an actual striker/target man but why for less than we paid for him given his relative success here. Jordan Rhodes to QPR circulating & definitely win-win - he's had few chances here of late & deemed to have fluffed them - deserves a chance elsewhere at this level. Even if a low fee - big saving in wages.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

These threads are rarely any good if they’re not mine btw. 

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand grasshopper, it will be time for you to leave.

lol

Is the swear filter on strike or is it on holiday?

Every time I use that word to suggest we might get a late winner it  changes my sentence to suggest we are going to ladies bits a winner. (or some similar wording.)lol