Nixon - Short list

Guest gizowl
19 minutes ago, Jim said:

You got him a while ago then? I backed Thompson at 12s before a ball was kicked against M’Boro. Still think the Windass situation will go against Cook. 

Can't see that if rumours are true their is interest in Windass anyway so we'll see how loyal he is, but you don't stop appointing your preferred choice just because of one player. It didn't stop us appointing Pulis because it might have meant the end for Bannan. 

15 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Rolling contracts until the end of the season have been the common approach under Chansiri

I know but let's not forget these people have strong representatives /agents, too strong vin my opinion 

3 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I know we aren't in a position to be picky like,  but how do these managers even get to a stage where there on our shortlist? Surly dc looks at there cvs and sees they’ve done absolute nothing in football! So why does he think they are good enough to come here? I just done understand his thought process. 

The SWFC advisers (agents) call around their clients, say they’ve got a sh!tty job, but it’ll only last 6 months tops and you’ll get paid better in the Championship than 24 months  in the lower down team

in the bundesliga, Premiera Liga, or La Liga.  Also, if you do ok, there’s a chance they get picked up by a better club higher up and the cash will roll in. 

The managers respond and they get presented to Des Clueless, who gets told these guys are ready and itching to take the job; with a tailored CV showing they are football managers that like attacking football and can work on a shoe string budget. 

Des, picks one that sounds exciting and is not English. 

The process..I would imagine. 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Animis said:

Possibly, but at some point we need to steady the ship and build over 3 years - Bruce alluded to this.

1 yr rolling contracts are fine, but it doesn't present confidence from the club in my eyes - it more says limit compensation to 12 months.

Most clubs outside the top 6 now only use 12 month rolling contracts to be fair. Even when they say they’re on a 3 year deal most still only have a 12 month maximum severance package tied in to it so hypothetically the security is only in the next 12 months

• Thanks 1

Been doing a bit of reading into Paco Jemez today, and I have to say I'm intrigued.

It's the sort of appointment, ordinarily, I've love us to make. But, I just fear that it might be too much at this time, and far too risky.

We need a manager that'll improve our players...technically and tactically. And somebody with the philosophy of Jemez might just be that man. 

However, we've currently got a set of players that can barely play piggy in the middle for 30 seconds with giving the ball away. To go from that, to the extreme of high intensity, high pressing, risky playing out from the back football Jemez demands...may just be too much, given the precarious situation we find ourselves in.

That said, as a football club, you don't get anywhere without making some brave decisions from time to time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nah not evans or Holloway level of faux madness 

I mean REAL madness 

Di Canio would be the lowest level of madness I am willing to accept 

That bloke at Wycombe that does the weird interviews.

lol

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I want a batshit mad crazy whacky fruitloop nutter of a manager 

Not some old dinosaur off the golf course 

What's Martin Allen doing he was madder than raven jet Byrne or whatever he was called.