Nixon - Short list

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

Your post was about new managers if I'm not mistaken 

Sorry I thought the original post was crystal clear 

It was in respect of how our strategy is destined to fail from the start

We’re looking to appoint the next manager on a deal that rolls until the end of the season, re-sign players on multiple year deals with no idea of knowing they will actually fit into the managers plans, and we’re plodding into the repeat scenario of a vast, unbalanced, expensive squad that won’t compete in the top half of the league whilst the clubs loses record amounts 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

Nixon names some on the list but not all of them, someone else gets the job and he can claim they were one of those on his list that he didn't include in this tweet and he can go back to never being wrong. 

No problem with a six month deal, in fact it’s probably better. More impetus on keeping us up, and not stuck with a manager and a massive pay off if they turn out to be craaap 

Again, people forgetting we’re in a 1 season fight here. Forget about anything long term until our fate is decided 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Wasn't Balthazar in Neverending story....... Or was he the baddie in Battle star Galactica (Original series).  

Lol

Mentioning Battlestar Galactica, I watched the 2000's version a few months ago and enjoyed it/thought it was good.

• Like 1

I think Thompson is the more likely appointment if we’re only looking to the end of the season. A gamble, granted but at least he’d get a shift out of the players as we already have seen. I still think his knowledge of Shaw, Hunt, Waldock et al may prove crucial for the rest of the season?

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think Thompson is the more likely appointment if we’re only looking to the end of the season. A gamble, granted but at least he’d get a shift out of the players as we already have seen. I still think his knowledge of Shaw, Hunt, Waldock et al may prove crucial for the rest of the season?

I don’t see this as the right time for especially Hunt and Waldock to make a difference. The pressure is going to be immense. Shaw maybe different 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Sorry I thought the original post was crystal clear 

It was in respect of how our strategy is destined to fail from the start

We’re looking to appoint the next manager on a deal that rolls until the end of the season, re-sign players on multiple year deals with no idea of knowing they will actually fit into the managers plans, and we’re plodding into the repeat scenario of a vast, unbalanced, expensive squad that won’t compete in the top half of the league whilst the clubs loses record amounts 

From what I read of DC’s interview I think he wants a manager that can work with the squad with some loan signings.

The man that brings forwards a plan to work with what we have is likely to get the job.

• Love 1

I know we aren't in a position to be picky like,  but how do these managers even get to a stage where there on our shortlist? Surly dc looks at there cvs and sees they’ve done absolute nothing in football! So why does he think they are good enough to come here? I just done understand his thought process. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Only until end of season? Why? 

I thought that. If DC is taking his time to get this decision right (for a change), surely we need to commit.

Otherwise, we're fishing in a pretty shitty pool of opportunists, just here for the money. If there isn't any commitment on either side, how do players (and fans) buy into anything the new manager says, knowing he'll be on his bike in a couple of months. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I know we aren't in a position to be picky like,  but how do these managers even get to a stage where there on our shortlist? Surly dc looks at there cvs and sees they’ve done absolute nothing in football! So why does he think they are good enough to come here? I just done understand his thought process. 

Paxo does the shortlist, then makes an introduction to Chansiri

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jim said:

Agree, bringing in a new manager for a couple of months is a waste of time. If that's the plan, may as well be honest with the players and ask them to get behind Thompson with the aim of survival.

• Like 2

I think the plan is probably to employ the manager to the end of the season with a big bonus for keeping us up.If that works we can then decide whether we want to give him an extension for another season.

I get the definite impression DC wants a head coach not a British style manager, someone who will work with what we've got and new recruits to be brought in ty DC's advisors. I can see the attraction of that strategy but the advisors  don't fill me with confidence.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, bringing in a new manager for a couple of months is a waste of time. If that's the plan, may as well be honest with the players and ask them to get behind Thompson with the aim of survival.

DC is still aiming for the play offs and promotion.lol

• Haha 1