Nixon - Short list

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

He doesn't want it, he's said it time and time again. If things go bad his kids will be on the receiving end at school. He doesn't want that so he won't come here whatever the offer.

DC wouldn't want him. he's too abrasive and not a yes man.

Just let it go, it's not going to happen.

His kids are way beyond school age. His lads just retired from football due to injury at about 28. 

He didn't want it because he lives around here and socially etc that may make it difficult and bring stuff he didn't want. 

Has Covid (theres next to nothing socially anymore!) and his personal situation changed it? Maybe. Who knows. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Has he appointed anyone right yet? Let's hope we get lucky this time 

Carlos and bruce, well at the start kinda anyway.

26 minutes ago, Django said:

We need a handsome manager. Good looking people are always more successful. CC got by on his looks for 2 years before everyone realised he was useless 

Hopefully DC goes for Fink 

I hope he goes for Nadia Jémez then haha. 

I’d love to have heard the discussion that got Morais on the shortlist.

”Well, we’re in a tough relegation battle and have exactly half a season to save ourselves. What sort of managers do you think I should be looking at?

”Well there’s one bloke who Barnsley brought in when they were in trouble, he’s worked for Mourinho and everything.”

”Interesting - what happened, did he keep them up?”

”Nah they went down.”

”Brilliant! Put him on the list.”

• Haha 3

At the moment I’m hoping for Fink with Thompson as assistant and maybe Hutch as player coach - both to help him adjust to English football

We have a chance to be ambitious with this next appointment,  the same as Leeds did when they hired Bielsa, who’s predecessors were Heckingbottom, Monk and Evans. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Chansiri is quoted in today’s press saying contract talks are ongoing with players who have them expiring shortly and we also have offers in to new players but haven’t heard back

Your post was about new managers if I'm not mistaken 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

My mate works in Spain and he’s just text me to say we’re in for a treat if it’s Paco Jemez. He’s quite eccentric let’s say

lol

Read somewhere that his team were 5-0 down against Barcelona so he brought on 2 strikers 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I’d love to have heard the discussion that got Morais on the shortlist.

”Well, we’re in a tough relegation battle and have exactly half a season to save ourselves. What sort of managers do you think I should be looking at?

”Well there’s one bloke who Barnsley brought in when they were in trouble, he’s worked for Mourinho and everything.”

”Interesting - what happened, did he keep them up?”

”Nah they went down.”

”Brilliant! Put him on the list.”

I swear if he talks his way into the job then dc needs sectioning. 

• Like 3

I still don't get why so many people are saying Fink has a better record than Morais. Maybe ten years ago, when Fink was at Basel, but his career has been very underwhelming since then.

Look at their last job each - both managing one of the biggest spending clubs in a league in the Far East. Morais won it twice, Fink came 8th and 13th.

Yes, I hear you cry - but Morais relegated Barnsley before that. Well, Fink's last job before that he relegated Grasshoppers. Only difference being, they were an established team in midtable when he took over, whereas Barnsley, are Barnsley, mainly struggling to stay in this league - and were already in the relegation zone with most of the season gone when he took over.

Also, I assume Fink speaks English - but not 100% sure. He certainly doesn't have experience of working in English football like Morais has at Chelsea working with Mourinho.

I still think Cook would be a safer bet than both. Pearson would be a brilliant, bonkers appointment, but he could get a better job, I doubt he would come.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2