Nixon - Short list

I don't think DC ever pretended either TP or this next manager would be anything other than a 'keep us up' stop gap. 

On this basis, DC may as well persevere with Thompson as caretaker as long as he continues to pick up points to do this.

Any long-term strategy can only begin in the Summer, with outgoings and incoming and hopefully with COVID behind us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nixon obviously gets information from Agents and helps to advertise their wears by his columns and tweets. he definitely had strong link to old Doyen group.

His information on these three is obviously provided by advisors to Chansiri as they are their boys. The fact that none of them have any obvious recommendations for  out of predicament we are in says all you need to know.

Morais was disaster at Barnsley, is assistant Baltazhar was failure at Forest. His appointment would generally be greeted with dismay.

Perez has a truly woeful record and has exhausted chances of work in Spain. Only worked in Mexico (where he also failed) and Spain. He his on Alonso books his only manager and is out of work. yes that would go down great. Too daft a name to contemplate.

Fink has best record of the three. it would be taking a huge chance as he is thrown in at deep end mid season. A chap like this needs a pre season to work with a team to get message across in current two game a week climate he would have little chance.

Cook apparently has been called for interview no doubt this is true and Nixon was not aware of this interest if you followed his tweets which shows that his band of agents who supply him with information were unaware of this. I think he was also unaware of Alonso until Frostick revealed this information.

It may be only a glimmer but sign that DC is looking elsewhere for names other than the known advisors. This is a good thing apparently all bar Bruce were recommended by advisors. Bruce apparently approached the club himself.

For this reason alone I hope none of the advisors list gets the job and an outsider like Cook gets job. The stranglehold on club by current advisors needs to be broken.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tomo2001 said:

Might be a bit chilly for her with her choice of clothing in some of the pics

im sure theres plnety of willing ppl on here to keep her warm, as this place is like a breeding ground for studs

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Thanks, I haven't been keeping up with the names ect. I've researched Fink a bit and he seems decent, Morais would be a downgrade on Fink, but who is Baltazar with him? Jemez is supposedly good from what I've heard on here. A short term deal makes sense for now and is what previous managers were on. I don't see what other type of manager we would attract/want to work in our situation. Cook might make the most sense in a way, but would he fit us/us fit him? I doubt it now.  

22 minutes ago, akbuk said:

How do you know what being offered and to whom?

Chansiri is quoted in today’s press saying contract talks are ongoing with players who have them expiring shortly and we also have offers in to new players but haven’t heard back

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Offering 6 month deals to foreign coaches who are allegedly clients to our advisors, further raising their profile by having Sheffield Wednesday on their CV

Whilst contract discussions are ongoing with current players and potential new signings, with absolutely no clarity on whether the new manager actually rates them and whether they fit the formation, ethos etc etc

It’s no surprise we find ourselves in the state we are in, this strategy only leads in 1 direction

Sooner Chansiri leaves the better

Shambles of a club

Quite.

What's with all these short term deals?

Sounds like we are planning on parking someone for 6 months so they can make some money get work elsewhere thereafter.

How does such a strategy benefit this club going forward?

Answer: it f00king doesn't.

Is Chansiri so thick that he can't see through this or is he happily complicit? 

Something doesn't add up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Quite.

Sounds like we are planning on parking someone for 6 months so they can make some money get work elsewhere thereafter.

Nothing adds up mate where Chansiri and his advisors are concerned 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Quite.

or it gives the club the security IF we got relegated and had a manager that wasnt suited for L1 and we had to alter our wage budget significantly - either way it doesnt breed positive vibes

• Thanks 1

I'm hoping for Cook.  Jemez, Morais, and Fink all fail to inspire confidence if they're the other most realistic candidates at this point.  I think Quist's post about them is spot on.  Fink looks the best of those three on paper, though I still have plenty of doubts about him being the right man for the job.  The allegation of racism against him from his time at FC Basel makes me uneasy as well.  I'd always be wondering if it's true what he's alleged to have said. 

Coming back to Cook, I think he's best suited to a mid-season appointment.  There'll be a lot of pressure to hit the ground running.  He'd be the most clued in to the state of the club and the squad, and he knows the other teams in the league well from last season.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

I’d rather have Nigel - surely he’s on that list..

He doesn't want it, he's said it time and time again. If things go bad his kids will be on the receiving end at school. He doesn't want that so he won't come here whatever the offer.

DC wouldn't want him. he's too abrasive and not a yes man.

Just let it go, it's not going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1