Barry Bannan - Heroic

If you're Bannan at 31, I imagine the reassurances you'd want are that there's going to be enough investment in the next 2 years to challenge at the top end for promotion, not just money. 

If he leaves, for me, that probably reinforces that were not likely to be doing so. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

If he signs a new deal there will be a statue of Bannan at Hillsborough. 

It won’t cost much to make based on his height. 

Pelupessy can stand next to it too. It’ll be great. 

A bit of handiwork on one of those elephants and we can have a bit of money for the transfer kitty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me first state - I hope bannan signs a new contract with us, but -

Bannan is not the be all and end all that is made on here. He has, IMO, thee major faults , which I'm sure a good coach could correct. The first is his passing. At times he puts in some superb crosses, but to counteract this, he also puts in some atrocious passes. On Friday night I counted at least 5 that went directly County players, with not a Wednesday player nearby, one of which should have lead to a goal. His shooting , even in warm up, is atrocious. He can sky more balls than our former winger used to.. And he seems to want to be involved in absolutely everything, no matter where it should happen. Other players have to take responsibility themselves.

And his yellow card count is becoming an embarrasment.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Bannan is not the be all and end all that is made on here. He has, IMO, thee major faults , which I'm sure a good coach could correct. The first is his passing. At times he puts in some superb crosses, but to counteract this, he also puts in some atrocious passes. On Friday night I counted at least 5 that went directly County players, with not a Wednesday player nearby, one of which should have lead to a goal. His shooting , even in warm up, is atrocious. He can sky more balls than our former winger used to.. And he seems to want to be involved in absolutely everything, no matter where it should happen. Other players have to take responsibility themselves.

I would keep Bannon, he has the does have some bad games or bad spells in a game, we notice this because he doesn't hide, he is always there wanting the ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BB is a well paid footballer...the heroics are being done by our medics in intensive care pulling long shifts in PPE.....He isnt a hero,nor is any other Football Player,in my view... Personally unless he enjoys being Captain,I dont expect him to be here at close of the season,but i wish him well.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

He’s is a good player and has been for a long time. I think because he is one of the only players here who is genuinely comfortable on the ball and everything goes through him he is both easy to see as the bees knees and simultaneously easy to criticise.

I do expect him to move at the end of the season because most players do seek one more decent pay day before the end of their career, and who can blame them?

Hope he stays and gets better players to play along side though. Probably won’t happen but my finger are and will remain crossed!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Those five passes which went astray is because the receiving player/s didn't read the situation.  Wish we had a few more players with his ability and passion.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist

Been a standout for us amongst some steaming poo...but we need to let him go now...a new era needs to be ushered in

I certainly am not in the BB fan club, 

the guy is extremely talented and works hard no doubt, but for a player of his ability he underachieves massively, his passing stats may well be the highest at the club but that is because he is given the ball at every opportunity, his passing often is poor and his set pieces are abysmal, even the goal we scored from was a poor delivery against Derby, his cross field ridiculous pass almost cost us the 3 points, he often berates players for mistakes (especially the youngsters) yet waves a hand when he does a fk up.

I honestly would rather see Izzy Brown in that position right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2