Lucas Joao - windfall?

Guest Hornsby
7 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

You can cherry pick individual cases.

By and large if we get rid of someone they're never heard of again.

Cantona, di Canio, Darko, etc, etc.

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Proves my point.

How many have left in that time frame? Hundreds

But we recruit mainly rubbish.

If you gotta jewel , polish and promote it.

Joao trying to take Reading up on his own.  

For once, the club actually did a good deal selling a player. Good fee with potential to increase for a player who had potential.
I am pleased he has found form as he showed glimpses whilst here, just not on regular basis. He needed the change and we needed the money. 

• Like 4

Guest hirstysfags
10 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

But we buy turds and you know what you can't do with turds😂

But you can roll them in glitter 

Guest Hornsby
14 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

No he wasn't he was on trial and never signed nowt

Err , think that's why we lost him.

And anyway, even for an exhibition game and training you have to sign a weekly to cover for insurance matters that then had to be lodged with UEFA as a pan -European transaction, and Tax Office.

Imagine he'd had a career- ending injury  while playing for us at Arena. 

On 02/01/2021 at 16:30, Kew Owl said:

Good second goal against Udders, wish he’d played like this when he was our player

He did but would then get dropped at the first sign of a bad touch.

Or he would have a bad game and he wouldnt be seen for another 3.

Consistency was always his downfall. He never had a run here. He knows he will start at reading, if fit hes playing. That brings confidence. IMO we should have done this after his first season but we thought spendagedon was the future.

28 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He did but would then get dropped at the first sign of a bad touch.

Or he would have a bad game and he wouldnt be seen for another 3.

Consistency was always his downfall. He never had a run here. He knows he will start at reading, if fit hes playing. That brings confidence. IMO we should have done this after his first season but we thought spendagedon was the future.

This. He would get dropped sometimes even after scoring and playing well.

I remember the 4-2 defeat against the pigs as an example. Came on, changed the game, scored, then was back on the bench for Birmingham in midweek. Which we also lost. 

People complained about his attitude and effort, but why should he give a throw when it didn’t matter how well he played, he’d still get dropped?
Ok we had other decent forwards, but it’s demoralising for a player. 

• Like 1

I think when his head is right and he's on form he's too good for this division. Think there are plenty of clubs like Wolves, Everton and Leicester with that play one up-top and don't have much in reserve if their main striker goes down (i.e. Iheanacho not convincing, Kean hasn't settled) that would be wise to splash out some money on him. If that helps us, then great.

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

This. He would get dropped sometimes even after scoring and playing well.

I remember the 4-2 defeat against the pigs as an example. Came on, changed the game, scored, then was back on the bench for Birmingham in midweek. Which we also lost. 

People complained about his attitude and effort, but why should he give a throw when it didn’t matter how well he played, he’d still get dropped?
Ok we had other decent forwards, but it’s demoralising for a player. 

I always used to think, were he at Brentford, or somewhere like that, he’d play every week No way would they play a player like Fletcher ahead of him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Err , think that's why we lost him.

And anyway, even for an exhibition game and training you have to sign a weekly to cover for insurance matters that then had to be lodged with UEFA as a pan -European transaction, and Tax Office.

Imagine he'd had a career- ending injury  while playing for us at Arena. 

It was never an option we could sign him

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I always used to think, were he at Brentford, or somewhere like that, he’d play every week No way would they play a player like Fletcher ahead of him

Agree 100%. I also think a lot of our fans just don’t have the patience for players like Joao. They’d always pick a Fletcher first (despite his limitations with pace, technical ability and goal threat), simply because he always gives his all and gets stuck in.