Paul Cook

59 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Is he a Wednesday fan? I know he’s a scouser, but he needs to declare he has some family association before signing to ensure he lasts longer than a couple of months.

Maybe his Mum is a Wednesday fan?

Supported us as a kid. Bit like Carlos.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
37 minutes ago, striker said:

you'd think two professionals should be able to work together. 

You would, but this is football. As we’ve seen with Jos/Westwood/Hutchinson and Monk/Westwood/Hutchinson, clashes seem to end in exile. Windass’ comments about staff at Wigan were pretty damning. Can we risk it?

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So he's a long ball merchant, a scouser, and his last job was getting relegated from the Championship?

Is that right?

Simple yes or no answers will do

Is he a long ball merchant? I didn’t know that, then it’s a big NO from me. That’s the last thing we need, somebody else taking us down that particular route

53 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Trick is to get one that hasn’t failed. Very rare. Paul Cook fits that bill. 

There's always a first time. We might be it.lol

(I really don't have a preference for manager)

30 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Is the fact he's from Liverpool really relevant?

Only if you sit on the North Stand (west stand end), wear burberry, adidas trainers, brag about how you used to 'welcome' away fans outside the Gate pub, make sure everyone knows you take cocaine and how much you took last time (in granular detail), like Oasis, get blocked by Jon McClure on twitter, brag about being blocked by Jon McClure on Twtter, and post smiley emoji's in reponse to ANY criticism of the current chairman or any chairman of the club no matter how bad it gets

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Quist said:

It hurts me to say it but we have become a bit of an underdog these last few years.

Think he has good knowledge and like players his club sign. If you look at Wigan where he and club were shafted by owner just look at talent he assembled.

I wouldn’t mind seeing how he does. He’s got as much chance as a random coach from abroad has of doing something.

We are in a true underdog position with the points deduction and FFP issues but that’s not the point I’m making.

Managers like wilder, Warnock, evans and perhaps cook use sound bytes in the media with fans and also players about how no one expects them to be competitive and they shouldn’t be on a level with the big clubs and big spenders etc and that then takes pressure off and coaxes performances. We could possibly use that for this season but generally, as a club, we wouldn’t buy that as it doesn’t fit. We do seem to spend and despite our issues Sheffield Wednesday doesn’t identify itself as subservient to other clubs at this level even if we are.

Having said that, there was expectation and a different culture at Pompey so that’s encouraging 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So he's a long ball merchant, a scouser, and his last job was getting relegated from the Championship?

Is that right?

Simple yes or no answers will do

Maybe.

Edited by prowl

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Only if you sit on the North Stand (west stand end), wear burberry, adidas trainers, brag about how you used to 'welcome' away fans outside the Gate pub, make sure everyone knows you take cocaine and how much you took last time (in granular detail), like Oasis, get blocked by Jon McClure on twitter, brag about being blocked by Jon McClure on Twtter, and post smiley emoji's in reponse to ANY criticism of the current chairman or any chairman of the club no matter how bad it gets

That'll be a 'no', then.

👍